SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wife's Bday Present (another new guitar day)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wife's Bday Present (another new guitar day) Login/Join 
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
Johhny is playing an Epiphone Les Paul like this one.

Link

Posts: 1103 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
All she needs now is a Marshall amp and she can play Hot Blooded. Foreigner’s Mick Jones played a 1957 Les Paul Custom with the middle pickup removed.

Posts: 11697 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Classic Beauty! Good on you, FEV!

Posts: 8728 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
All she needs now is a Marshall amp and she can play Hot Blooded. Foreigner’s Mick Jones played a 1957 Les Paul Custom with the middle pickup removed.

An amp is the next item on the list!

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17622 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I actually had no idea what guitar Mick Jones played, but I heard Hot Blooded on the radio today and the guitar sound is unmistakably a Les Paul and Marshall amp. I looked it up when I got home and was like Holy cow, dude played a 1957 Les Paul Custom!

I bought mine for $300:

It has a printed circuit board, so not point to point hand wired, but it sounds fantastic.

Posts: 11697 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
The last couple of guitar threads have been right up my alley. This is my Dad's 1981 Les Paul Custom.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10594 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
I know very little about guitars or music. Nice or fine guitars appear to be like nice or fine guns. They are just nice to fondle, and look at once in a while whether you shoot or play them ! Smile

Posts: 842 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post