SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wife's Bday Present (another new guitar day)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wife's Bday Present (another new guitar day) Login/Join 
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted
She never buys anything big for herself, and I have more than enough hardware in my gun safe, so I thought it was time.

She cried. I think I did good. She's been wanting one of these since she was 12. I sent it do my dad (he lives in Nashville and collects guitars) to check it over. We surprised her by FaceTiming him playing Happy Birthday on it.

It's a reissue '57 Les Paul Black Beauty made in 1995. This particular run came with ebony fretboards. Sweet.

FREEBIRD!! STAIRWAY!!!

She digs the case, too.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17356 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful and special gift!

You did good!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38805 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Dang man! Ain’t you sumthin! Happy birthday to your wife.

Posts: 13333 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Outstanding!

Posts: 11108 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
That is a great looking instrument. Nice choice.

Posts: 53301 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fine looking Lester, bet it plays as good as it looks!

“Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.”

John Adams

Posts: 325 | Location: Land of 10000 Taxes | Registered: March 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful gift. Do you play as well? I wanted to teach my wife to play but she has no interest unfortunately.

Posts: 6936 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Beautiful gift. Do you play as well? I wanted to teach my wife to play but she has no interest unfortunately.

Hell no! Id love to learn, but haven’t taken the time.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17356 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Damn. Thats a beautiful Lester there!

Gibson makes great guitars. Pricey but there’s a certain feel and sound to them that makes them so distinctive.

Posts: 13158 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I love those - but they’re heavy.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4245 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I don’t know much about guitars, but it certainly is pretty. What a wonderful gift. Nice job.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4036 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That is so cool!

My grail guitar is a Les Paul with purple sparkle flake bass boat style paint similar to the one John Rzeznik of the Goo Goo Dolls had when they played Long Way Down live on the Letterman Show.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21154 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
That is gorgeous!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39778 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
That is so cool!

My grail guitar is a Les Paul with purple sparkle flake bass boat style paint similar to the one John Rzeznik of the Goo Goo Dolls had when they played Long Way Down live on the Letterman Show.

That's a Gretsch Sparkle Jet...
I have a silver one.

Posts: 39778 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Is it!? Well that makes sense. I have not been able to find a Les Paul that color. HahHha

It looks a lot like a Les Paul in the performance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21154 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
The pickguard is vintage Gretsch.
The color is Amethyst. Same as the Gretsch drums.
In fact it's the same wrap for the drums applied to the top of the awesome chambered body.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The horrible quality of the video distorted the pick guard.

In this pic it looks like a Gibson pick guard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Man, those LP Customs are boat anchors. They are so pretty, but I only ever play standing up and an 11 lbs. guitar gets heavy after while. I had a black beauty for about a year before I decided to let it go.

Posts: 3579 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
In the late 90’s, I worked at a guitar shop. Epiphone made a series of sparkle LP’s. I remember having gold, purple, blue, red, green and silver Hanging in the wall at one time or another. Since Epiphone generally just made Gibson copies in Korea then, I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a Gibson sparkle purple one, I only ever saw a silver sparkle Gibson LP.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4853 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Syngin1066:
In the late 90’s, I worked at a guitar shop. Epiphone made a series of sparkle LP’s. I remember having gold, purple, blue, red, green and silver Hanging in the wall at one time or another. Since Epiphone generally just made Gibson copies in Korea then, I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a Gibson sparkle purple one, I only ever saw a silver sparkle Gibson LP.

That would explain the LP type pick guard. I've only ever see the purple Jets,