SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Prayers for my daughter and her ill horse. (Worked, and Thank You!)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prayers for my daughter and her ill horse. (Worked, and Thank You!) Login/Join 
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Great News

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Yea !!!!

Posts: 11841 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Wonderful news!!! Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Wow, just outstanding.

The best people are those who value the lives of their animals.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SAC trained killer
Picture of Ricardokid11
posted Hide Post
Prayers and best wishes for both.

" May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am".

Posts: 2083 | Location: Glen Allen, VA. | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Great news!
We lost my granddaughter's horse to colic a few years ago. Sounds like you did a good job nursing that horse back. Great job.

Posts: 1558 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I didndoonuffin but post it here.

Prayers and good thoughts (she read the thread) were germane.

My daughter and two friends stood watch and duty 24x7x11 days, along with the vet and a few others bringing hot food and coffee.

And I am most appreciative of all to both, those who posted, and yous guys what did so in silence.

Yes, I believe it is effective "medicine".

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Prayers for a horse...we never met...that’s SigForum!
So glad to hear the news and hearty congratulations to all the watchers!
Diseases can make one jump for joy to see pee or poop.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
yay!!!!

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
Awww Willlburrr that's great news!!!

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Any updates Mr. Monkey? Maybe some pics??

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will get by
Picture of Rustyblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
and yous guys what did so in silence.

That's me. Your story hits home in many ways -- and happy for all that it turned out so very well.

Animals help our young to learn so much about responsibility and caring. And love & loss. My daughter was raised by dogs (only half kidding) and learned young about others needs and caring for them in their time of need. Happy endings bring tears of joy and sad endings tears of sorrow and a heads up regarding the reality of life. Yielding a child that can emote beyond their own skin.

Best wishes.

Do not necessarily attribute someone's nasty or inappropriate actions as intended when it may be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Posts: 1291 | Location: Delray Beach | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Any updates Mr. Monkey? Maybe some pics??

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
The minimonkey sez: "He is back to full health. I will get pics as soon as I can get out there, or I'll ask Audry to get some" (he is "housed" at an equine rescue, with a bunch of horsey buddies).

(Audry is her friend. Nice Navy AV8or AE (was on the P-3 aircrew member and crossed to F-35C maintenance. Indiana farm girl.)

As soon as I hear more or get pics, I'll share.

Thanks again to all for the prayers, well wishes, positive thoughts and support.

Pets, people, whatever the need anyone has, this is a solid group to "run what you brung" and there is always a dance partner when you need to get jiggy wit it.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Best news I’ve heard today.

Posts: 12180 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Very very HAPPY.

Posts: 2876 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
The minimonkey sez: "He is back to full health. I will get pics as soon as I can get out there, or I'll ask Audry to get some" (he is "housed" at an equine rescue, with a bunch of horsey buddies).

(Audry is her friend. Nice Navy AV8or AE (was on the P-3 aircrew member and crossed to F-35C maintenance. Indiana farm girl.)

As soon as I hear more or get pics, I'll share.

Thanks again to all for the prayers, well wishes, positive thoughts and support.

Pets, people, whatever the need anyone has, this is a solid group to "run what you brung" and there is always a dance partner when you need to get jiggy wit it.

Couldn't be happier for Dolce Smile Fantastic news!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
Wonderful

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Videos my daughter sent me of Dolce.

I am a believer in the power of prayers and positive thoughts, and people who are emboldened and empowered by them.

You all "earned" a part in this.

Thank you, again.

-sm

Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this. Prayers on the way.

Edir: Just read the good news! Smile

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post