SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Prayers for my daughter and her ill horse. (Worked, and Thank You!)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prayers for my daughter and her ill horse. (Worked, and Thank You!) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
You have our prayers....

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
Over the years I have lost 3 horses including the best horse I have ever seen. I am so sorry you all are going through this. A bond with a horse is a special treasure. I really hope he pulls through.

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Absolutely, done...though never had a horse there's something so special about them. Prayers sent and may angels of heaven watch over this beautiful animal and comfort your daughter.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Dang...hate to hear that for both. Prayers lifted for her horse for healing and for your daughter for comfort and courage.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Praying for the whole Family, especially for your Daughter.

Posts: 2876 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Frown

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
My best wishes for your daughter and her horse.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
So sorry. Oil, Banamine and/or Novin, and walk, I guess. All too familiar from my years in Arizona working with horses. I would have thought the vet would give better odds. here's hoping

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just An Old Guy
posted Hide Post
Praying for both of them, and you too.

What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Posts: 1975 | Location: VA | Registered: November 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for them both.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for all involved SM.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15575 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
A prayer for your Daughter and her Horse.

There's something wonderful with being blessed with a wonderful companion, whether it be a dog, cat, horse or any animal. We are fortunate to find such a bond that gives us such unconditional love and companionship.

May God Bless.

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Dang I hate to read this. Prayers done.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for you all!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
So sorry. Oil, Banamine and/or Novin, and walk, I guess. All too familiar from my years in Arizona working with horses. I would have thought the vet would give better odds. here's hoping

Thanks, and thanks to all for your kind words, thoughts and prayers.

Lube and wash from both ends, with Banamine, and she is massaging his gut as much as he can tolerate it.

She rescued him five years ago and got him a new home, but recently got him back. Another horse bit his rump several months ago and that has been a long healing process (and stressor) as he lost a lot of hip muscle from the injury and normal sloughing and atrophy during the healing.

His paddock and stall area were very sandy where he was living and his hay was flaked to the ground, so that accounts for the years of ingesting the sand.

He is 30 years old, and I think that is a lot of the factoring of his odds.

Daughter said "he lives or he dies", but she will do all she can while she can.

He has not eaten in five days now, other than nibbling a little grass, and she has to keep him from trying to roll, and she and two friends are doing round the clock watch to keep him up and walking, drinking and such.

Her "odds" at making it into the world and surviving were stacked as hard against her, so she has always been a fierce fighter herself.

She's a "Honey Badger" and very pragmatic.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Prayers for both. Sorry to hear about her horse.

Posts: 1955 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update, we are pulling for a good outcome. Please keep the updates coming, prayers sent.

Posts: 3851 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your daughter sounds a lot like my wife. Connie loves helping animals that need help. God bless your daughter.

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent

Silent

Posts: 1026 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
Praying for you all.

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post