SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Southern devil scorpion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Southern devil scorpion Login/Join 
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted
Anyone using a exterior perimeter house spray for these critters? I'm trying to decide on a exterior spray and would like to here from anyone with experience on a over the counter product. I probably kill around 20 or so in the house over the coarse of a summer and a lot more around the outside of the foundation wall.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3813 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
I've used this Syngenta spray with good results. I haven't seen any Scorpions yet, but the label does say for Scorpions.

Posts: 1348 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I use Bifen I/T, you can get it at tractor supply or southern states....the main ingredient is Bifenthrin. They sell some other brands that have the same stuff in it. I mix it in my backpack sprayer and do the yard, house, eves, plants, and inside.

It works on scorpions, we had some when we first moved in and they were in the empty lots around us..when construction started those suckers were everywhere.

I’ve been using Bifen for over a decade and never had an issue with it.

I spray every other month if I can remember to.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11284 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Told my wife "You think wolf spiders are bad?" and told her about your problem, florida boy

So she went searching on the web. Came up with this fairly extensive treatment of the subject: Scorpion Control

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I use Cyper TC around my barn to control cockroaches. I've never seen a scorpion on my place, although I know they exist and my parents have killed a couple of small ones in their house.

Cyper TC is very effective on roaches, lists scorpions as a pest it controls, and is persistent. My first application stayed effective in the barn for 3.5 years. I just re-applied this year when the roaches started coming back.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12778 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I have my yard sprayed by a contractor every two months - house perimeter and structures as well. Every second application the interior of my home is done as well.

Mostly spray for the usual crickets and ants, termites and a few others - if you can remove the food sources you're less likely to get scorpions (so I've been told).

In 5 years I've had one scorpion in the house and I've found two in my pool.

My biggest worry for critters is the brown recluse spider

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I have my yard sprayed by a contractor every two months - house perimeter and structures as well. Every second application the interior of my home is done as well.

Mostly spray for the usual crickets and ants, termites and a few others - if you can remove the food sources you're less likely to get scorpions (so I've been told).

In 5 years I've had one scorpion in the house and I've found two in my pool.

My biggest worry for critters is the brown recluse spider

We also have our house and fence and property sprayed every 2 months and have for 16 years.

We almost never find scorpions in the house and when we do, they're usually dead.

Never found one in the pool though.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Commercial pest control has worked the best for me with Scorpions.
They seem to like areas without grass because of the bugs they eat and lack of pesticides.
A good spray around the foundation is what's needed and it will take a season or two, even done right, to really stop them.
The good news is that the ones we have in Georgia are more like a wasp sting, not the more potent version like they have out west.

Posts: 9514 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
I prefer a mix of E-85 and packing peanuts........

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4579 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Is that a damn yankee hat? Appropriate in this thread. What do you use to spray and get rid of those and the yankee under them?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
Is that a damn yankee hat? Appropriate in this thread. What do you use to spray and get rid of those and the yankee under them?

No, that's a United States Army hat, authorized to the Cavalry units only under certain conditions.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:

No, that's a United States Army hat, authorized to the Cavalry units only under certain conditions.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ls91NHV1aHw" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

The soldier in the video still and seen a few times (Veldey) is one of my best friends - one of the most humble warriors. I can neither confirm nor deny that we did a bunch of dumb stuff as kids or adults… Wink

Posts: 716 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post