SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    In Moab now! Bronco Off-Rodeo was AWESOME starting to post pics...*couple videos added*
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In Moab now! Bronco Off-Rodeo was AWESOME starting to post pics...*couple videos added* Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Wow. That's awesome!

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12717 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Looks like fun, IIRC both the big Bronco & the baby Sport get this pkg?

We were car shopping recently & ended up with an Expedition Max. I was thinking about a Yukon XL, but don't see the need for 2 giant SUVs, so I've been thinking back along this line.
Need to find a Badlands Bronco Sport to look at to see if it'll be too small for me.

My understanding is Bronco Sport is built on Escape frame, but having an Escape, I can tell it is bigger.

Yes, they do a Sport rodeo as well, but the Sport obviously doesn’t have the same capabilities. So it is done on milder terrain.

They had about 15 or so Broncos and 6-8 Sports that I saw at the facility lot. A group of Sport folks finished up shortly after we did so guessing they started behind us.

Thanks again, assuming only new purchase (CPO too?) get the Rodeo experience?

Need to get some seat time in the Baby Bronco & see how it fits.
The big Bronco & Wrangler are overkill for my daily use & once a year soft-roading during deer season.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15302 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just curious. What tires are on it? I managed to shred several stock tires (Nissan Frontier) bombing around the same area. After switching to LT 10-ply I’ve only destroyed one.

Looks like a great ride and trip. That Bronco is certainly enticing

Posts: 770 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Of course this is all nonsense. Go during the week before Easter. Its called the Easter Jeep safari. The photos are all interesting, but those are roads, not trails. Learn to take spare parts, you'll need them if you go "off road". I led Hells Revenge for 20+years. Tail gunned it for significantly more. Take the street vehicles on trails some time. If the pictured places scared you, stay at the motel parking lots.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Looks like an amazing time! Thank you for sharing it with us all.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
rburg that's uncalled for. Everyone has to start somewhere and just because you've done a few trails doesn't make you the resident expert.
Chill brother.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6315 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
Of course this is all nonsense. Go during the week before Easter. Its called the Easter Jeep safari. The photos are all interesting, but those are roads, not trails. Learn to take spare parts, you'll need them if you go "off road". I led Hells Revenge for 20+years. Tail gunned it for significantly more. Take the street vehicles on trails some time. If the pictured places scared you, stay at the motel parking lots.

Way to be a thread crapping fun sponge rburg.
Your signature would be more fitting if you dropped the “Ammo Seeker” part.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Badass pics Boss. Looks like a hell of a fun adventure. Would be great to get away and spend that much time out having fun. Enjoy!

If you head six hours south, I’ll be happy to take you out on a bunch of trails around here.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Looks like fun. Beautiful country there.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6966 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Looking at those pics again and again.

Now I'm itching to go someplace like that but can neither afford the time nor the expense at the moment.

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12717 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
A few videos from the rodeo driving their Bronco

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10936 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Wait. What? Just a teaser, right? You’re going to post the video of you actually going down later, right?

I wonder how quickly I would get stuck in my truck doing the stuff you’re doing. Looks like great fun.

ETA: never mind. Smile

ETA2: curious what tire pressure they recommend for those up and down.

Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I am putting together a longer vid of Pucker Pass. Realized I had the dash cam going and I can splice together the 3 minute snips.

Unfortunately I seemed to have missed saving the clip of us actually going through the gap Roll Eyes I have the one coming up to it, stopping walking the line and checking clearance, then getting back into Bronco to go through.

Missing the 3 minute file that picks up actually going through and then continuing on down. Picks up a short way down and then continues as we head down the road after the fallen rock. Still a pretty good vid of that road.

quote:
Originally posted by konata88:

…curious what tire pressure they recommend for those up and down.

We were running 30 psi on factory 35” tires. Bronco TPMS indicator goes off at 29 psi. I had one tire at 29, so I had the indicator all day.

No issues with traction, the few times there was any spin, locking the rear diff took care of it until all four wheels had traction again.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 911Boss,

Posts: 10936 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Got my pics from the Off-Rodeo’s photographer.

They show off the Bronco better than showing it’s me driving it Roll Eyes Good shots though, you can just barely make me out in a couple of them. Shoulda opened the top to let some light in.

Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
Video 3, 38 seconds in, "Is there somewhere I can change my shorts?" ROTFLMAO!!!!

Man, that looks like sooooo much fun! Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 2287 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by holdem:
Video 3, 38 seconds in, "Is there somewhere I can change my shorts?" ROTFLMAO!!!!

Man, that looks like sooooo much fun! Thanks for sharing.

For the record, that was my buddy not me. There may have been more stains on those cloth seats when got out than there was when we got in but nobody can prove nuthin’! Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Thank you! God Bless the USA! I was imagining the old west & being a cowboy with one canteen, I got thirsty just looking!

Excellent, thanks.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post