SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Air Force warns troops to avoid pro-Trump ‘patriot’ rally
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Air Force warns troops to avoid pro-Trump ‘patriot’ rally Login/Join 
posted
https://americanmilitarynews.c...atriot-rally-report/

United States military leadership at the Minot Air Force Base in North Dakota recently sent service members a text message warning them that their “continued service” could be in jeopardy if they attended a local rally featuring a speaker from an organization that has historically been supportive of former President Donald Trump.

The text message to Minot Air Force Base personnel, which was obtained by Fox News, stated, “Leaders, please exercise caution if downtown this weekend.”

The text message cautioned any base personnel who were thinking of going into town while the event was taking place last Friday to “be careful” and “reach out for any concerns.”

The event mentioned by Air Force leadership was the “Dakota Patriot Rally,” which took place at the state fairgrounds in Minot. Leadership warned Air Force members that some of the people attending the rally “could be confrontational to military members.” The text message also warned military members that the featured guest speaker would be from Turning Point Action, which leadership claimed was an “alt-right organization.”

In the text message sent to the Air Force base’s service members, leadership warned “participation with groups such as Turning Point Action could jeopardize their continued service in the U.S. military.”

READ MORE: Air Force, Space Force raise enlistment age limit to over 40

According to the Dakota Patriot Rally’s website, the rally’s featured speaker was Turning Point Action Chief Operating Officer Tyler Bower, a “conservative activist” who joined Turning Point USA after serving in multiple political positions.

Contacted by Fox News regarding the event, an anonymous Turning Point Action spokesperson explained that the recent “Dakota Patriot Rally” event was not officially recognized by the organization; however, the spokesperson described the threatening message sent by Air Force leaders as “absolutely appalling.”

“Tyler Bowyer was simply a keynote speaker. Secondly, Turning Point Action is not alt-right, it’s a mainstream conservative organization, and Tyler Bowyer is not some fringe personality—he’s the COO of TPAction, an RNC committeeman from the state of Arizona, and one of the most accomplished political organizers in the country,” the spokesperson stated. “Lastly, Mr. Bowyer and attendees of this event are not ‘confrontational to military members,’ they’re some of the US Military’s most ardent supporters.”

The Turning Point Action spokesperson also emphasized the “shocking and totally unacceptable” concept that military members could jeopardize their careers by participating with Turning Point Action.

“How dare they dissuade servicemen and women from affiliating with conservative groups and leaders,” the spokesperson added. “This should set off alarm bells throughout North Dakota and DC, that something is terribly wrong at the Minot Air Force base.”

The Turning Point Action spokesperson said the Air Force text message should result in an “immediate” hearing and investigation by Congress, adding that whoever sent the controversial text message “should be held accountable.”

“It’s exactly this type of poison that has caused the Air Force to miss its recruiting goal for the first time in decades,” the spokesperson concluded.

Posts: 12761 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I hope this shit get's spread far a wide!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38744 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Seeing fear in the eyes of your enemy is a delicious feeling! How desperate must the current administration be to feel that they have to resort to these sort of tactics? What's next? Voting at gunpoint? Triple taxes if you are conservative? Probably ought not to give them ideas!

Posts: 6528 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
The text message to Minot Air Force Base personnel, which was obtained by Fox News, stated, “Leaders, please exercise caution if downtown this weekend.”

`Cuz those Trump supporters are so, ya know, violent! Roll Eyes

Posts: 7281 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
You know this country is in a sad state when the Air Force warns patriots not to attend a patriot rally.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4836 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
The way the military has been purging conservatives in the higher ranks shows in this text. Basically if you attend you could be dropped. The only reason they put this out is because of the already shortage of service personnel. If they had full ranks they would be geo fencing the rally and systematically removing those attending from service. The reason is those attending would not follow their Marxist orders violating the constitution.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4845 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Is the entire Air Force now identifying as the Air Farce? Or is it isolated to that one base?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30769 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
just when you think that things can't get any more disgusting...

Posts: 2809 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I'm not shocked one bit that this has infected the AF now too. I have mentioned the FBI threat report that I see that comes to me at work and it's 100% focused on "right wing" extremism, Trump supporters and whites in general and ignores anything left-wing. Roll Eyes

Posts: 33912 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I'm not shocked one bit that this has infected the AF now too. I have mentioned the FBI threat report that I see that comes to me at work and it's 100% focused on "right wing" extremism, Trump supporters and whites in general and ignores anything left-wing. Roll Eyes

Between this and the course curriculum at the Air Force Academy, the USAF has been very aggressive in their 'attempt' to 'root-out' extremism.
From the surface and in a different time, this can be interpreted as don't go and inadvertently get caught-up in some bad stuff
The reality is we know there's a large number of people in upper management that can't stand that conservatives populate a great deal of the rank n'file members of our military, thus they'll leverage their position to coerce and intimidate those if not into silence then removal.

Posts: 14714 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
I know when you're in the service, you voluntarily give up some rights, but I don't think freedom of speech, association is part of that.

Posts: 2809 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I thought only communist countries had political commissars. That's what this amounts to.

Posts: 28029 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Look at who the new Chairman of the Joint Chiefs is. The Air Force has been as infected by commies as much (or worse) as the other branches.

Bath house Barry the closet muslim succeeded.

As far as this directive goes, once off duty and out of uniform, a serviceman should be able to go and do whatever tickles their fancy, although I suppose a commander's order to not attend should probably be obeyed. I'm not so sure it would be a lawful order though.

Posts: 20147 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Different time of course, but during my time at Lackland AFB, we were constantly warned to stay out of Mexico.
We all immediately went to Mexico. Wink The only ones that were punished for the trip were those who got arrested and could not report back for duty.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16149 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
So, if they don't like you going to a rally you get kicked out? Win-win.

By way of contrast, viewing the King Abdula II thread kinda makes me want to move. Not enough to actually do it, but inspirational leadership is, well, inspirational.

Posts: 7496 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Different time.... 1971(?) Ft. Sill, Oklahoma... Orders come down threating displinary actions if going off post to local civilian theatre (Lawton, Oklahoma) to view the movie "MASH"...Even to the point of posting MP"s outside theatre to catch the soldiers either going into or coming out of the theatre... Military leadership felt that the movie was being critical of the government / Korean conflict / and military participation in such conflict by the ridiculing and comedic treatment.................................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2031 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Back in the dark ages when I was USN (I joined in 1956), there were many, many, places that were "Off Limits," and the various military LE like MP, Shore Patrol, etc. enforced this.

I don't know who had the authority to declare a place "Off Limits," I always assumed that it was the skipper of any unit, but I don't know that for a fact.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30769 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Post Commanders have the authority to ban entry to individual areas as well as entire towns off limits and even to the point of forcing the troops that lived off post in private civilian housing to move on post .. Even for the troops that are married with family can be forced to move on post and the family would have to fiend for themselves..... Then when the civilian authorities start crying about the troops not able to come off the base and the money loss to the community then the offlimits areas/problems are addressed and cleared up... Have seen it done and it did not take long for the civilians to clean up their act. .............................. drill sgt.

Posts: 2031 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Air Force backtracks

Posts: 20147 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Air Force backtracks
Good!

I mean drag queen story hour is ok, but those damn alt f'ers at TPAction... Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6223 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post