SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ATF Requests Funding for Pistol Brace Amnesty Registration Program
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ATF Requests Funding for Pistol Brace Amnesty Registration Program Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I realize at this point it is speculation but will the newly created SBR be able to be directly transferred into a trust instead of the stamp being issued to an individual?

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
I have a carbine I purchased from a member. Is there a way to SBR it under this reg?

Posts: 823 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
This is the .GOV we're talking about. Whatever amnesty is offered will be both short lived and likely voided later on down the road to advance the gun control agenda.

And if anybody thinks there is a loophole to get a quick stamp for a rifle you want to SBR I'd make damn sure I read the fine print. Then I'd have my lawyer read it as well.

If you are trusting the .GOV in any way, shape or form on this, re-watch the video of the dipshit trying to justify why braces should be banned and you need an amnesty in the first place.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
i hope there will be lawsuits against the ATF regarding this.

I don't see the point of accepting an "amnesty" to now make what is currently a pistol into an SBR and subject to the restrictions and limitations of an SBR.

I'm actually waiting for a lawsuit to void the NFA.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Anyone with any common sense knows the 'amnesty' ploy is an entrapment waiting to happen.
You cannot trust them.
Beware. Eek

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OcCurt:
This is the .GOV we're talking about. Whatever amnesty is offered will be both short lived and likely voided later on down the road to advance the gun control agenda.

You mean like they did with the 1968 NFA amnesty? I read that people thought that was a trap, too. They’re already going door-to-door on to reset triggers, what’s to stop them doing that with “pistols?” Or any gun? Unless you’ve purchased absolutely everything in private sales with no records, they know you own firearms. I do not trust the government in any way, shape or form, but I can only get my tinfoil hat so tight. If I’m going to SBR these guns anyways, then I’m still giving them all the info except that there was a brace on it, which is/was legal at the time. I may take my chances, I may not. I’ll have to see what’s in the fine print.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Just as President Trump's administration intentionally circumvented the legislative process when they banned Bump Stocks through Executive fiat, using the ATF's arbitrary rule making sleight of hand, so too is the Biden regime following suit...which means that it is possible that a future pro 2A President might consider replacing ATF leadership and issuing an Executive Order to simply reverse the proposed ATF PSB rules, and they would simply no longer be considered an SBR. (IF this were to happen, I think a best case scenario would be to have a hopefully Pro 2A Congress pass legislation that would clarify and codify this rule making change.)...

...anything enacted by Executive Order can be undone by a future Executive Order.

Just thinking out loud here...IF this better/ best case scenario were to happen and PSBs no longer equated to SBRs, my question is what happens to those guns/ owners that took advantage of this amnesty? Could they instantly be removed from the NFA registry and moved back to Title 1 status? Would the ATF send out determination letters to each and every PSB SBR owner indicating their gun had been removed from the NFA registry? Would their tax stamp need to be surrendered or does it just become invalid and a novelty collectors item? For those PSB SBR owners who took advantage of the amnesty and then decided in for a penny, in for a pound and put an actual SBR stock on their guns, how would a future ATF PSB SBR rule reversal affect their guns?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Another issue is there are some of us who will not pass the NFA background check... the BAFTE sends any NFA application to the FBI and they either prove or deny the application and there is no real recourse if denied.... what you say? of course there is...
Yes, BAFT is required to have a judicial appeals department... it is a law... what they are not required to do is fund that department... I got denied for a suppressor in 2011... sent them the paper work showing my conviction was now a misdemeanor ... still denied and so the BAFTE inspector sent my paperwork to 'Judicial'. where it still sits....and they kept my $200, I guess because it is still pending....

you can't make this stuff up....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Will you be able to just remove the arm brace and the pistol remains a pistol?

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nukeandpave:

Absolutely.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So I guess the the crazy point system they were going for has either been eliminated or put into plan C.

That was some crazy shit.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:

Per existing 'Law' as written, it's a Pistol WITH the Brace! Roll Eyes

P220Smudge said it well..."They’re trying to enforce the spirit of the law while we’re following the letter of the law." Of course, the 'spirit' of the law is subject the the ever changing whims and 'rule making' of the ATF! Mad

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've watched a bunch of videos on YouTube about this. There's quite a few out there right now from Colion and others. I've made my stance pretty clear.
I'm unsure how all of this will go down. Is it going to be like the bump stocks and they'll "ask" for the manufacturers sales records? Will they go straight to FFL records to see who bought an AR type pistol? Maybe they'll think everyone will just register them.
Interesting to see what happens in the next few months.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
For those who have braced pistols and live in states that ban SBRs, I suppose they will take it in the tailpipe the hardest.

Posts: 2011 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
I'm unsure how all of this will go down. Is it going to be like the bump stocks and they'll "ask" for the manufacturers sales records? Will they go straight to FFL records to see who bought an AR type pistol? Maybe they'll think everyone will just register them.
Interesting to see what happens in the next few months.

And if you bought a stripped lower it was put on the 4473 as other, not rifle or pistol so the government does not know if the buyer made a pistol, rifle or just put it on a shelf without assembling it.

And if you assembled a pistol, you can legally convert it to a rifle with an upper change, and can convert it to a pistol again.

Legally if you assembled it as a rifle you can not convert it to a pistol.

Don't need a brace to do either.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Given the recent SCOTUS rulings against overreach of government, won't this have quite the uphill battle to any challenges it faces?

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:

My pistol never had a brace. Not fun to shoot, but seemed "safer". I have two more lowers and uppers I plan to build the same way.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gibb:
Given the recent SCOTUS rulings against overreach of government, won't this have quite the uphill battle to any challenges it faces?

Possibly.
Hearing that a final ruling won't happen until December gives a bit for the GOA and others to draw some things up filing wise I hope. See what happens.
To me it's just a "part" and doesn't violate the machine gun definition by the ATF.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:

That pretty much nails it.