SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fans upset by death of Marvel's first Muslim superhero
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fans upset by death of Marvel's first Muslim superhero Login/Join 
Picture of spunk639
posted
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/a...SgIAq%2ByfkCQAAAA%3D

Wonder how long this will last with Marvel.

Posts: 2770 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If it were up to me, I'd eradicate Marvel, DC Comics, Star Wars and the rest.

If it was like it used to be- that this stuff was for kids, that would be fine, but we have adults who've lost what little mind they have over this SILLY shit, not to mention it is being used for identity politics, transgender horse shit and the like.

I wish the hand of God would sweep every last bit of this shit from existence and from human memory, as if none of it had ever happened. I mean this, most sincerely. I am so fucking tired of this utter nonsense.

Posts: 107512 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
In the article linked above, there's a panel from the comics where she apparently dies and I have to wonder...

...did the sight of her hair drive a billion men into a unstoppable sexual lust-rage?

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Those tweets on that page- those people are fucking insane. Literally insane.

A "white guy killed a muslim"??

It's a Goddamned COMIC BOOK. My God, grow up!!

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
“For many of us, this is the very first time we’ve ever had the opportunity to see a glimpse of our lives on screen,” Sakeina Syed

Oh horseshit.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45372 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
I had no idea there was a Muslim superhero.

Frankly, I don't care ... a superhero is a superhero ... the flavor or color does not matter and I don't want/need to be told.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
It's a cross-over of Bizarro World and real life.

The only comic books that I read that have islam as content is Pigman.

Fuck the dhimmitude. Fuck the dhimmies.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Suicide bombing or as they call it Martyrdom would be a more plausible story.
As long as no trucks were harmed.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
“For many of us, this is the very first time we’ve ever had the opportunity to see a glimpse of our lives on screen,” Sakeina Syed
Oh horseshit.
Victimhood is currency

Picture of Orthogonal
posted Hide Post
As the bumper stickers I used to frequently read on Texas pickup trucks' bumpers (often with a carbine in the rack) stated, these weenies should just

Eat More Possum

See the urbandictionary for the explanation if you don't already know it.
Big Grin

Posts: 519 | Registered: May 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since Hollyweird makes lots of bank on endless inane superhero flicks, we will be afflicted with this nonsense till the $$$ runs out. Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16072 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
It seems she wasn't so super after all.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2838 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Victimhood is currency

I know. Fourteen centuries and roughly a quarter of the world's population and we're to believe a comic book film adaptation is the first time these people feel they are seeing themselves represented on screen. It's just such a colossally dumb thing to say.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Victimhood is currency

I know. Fourteen centuries and roughly a quarter of the world's population and we're to believe a comic book film adaptation is the first time these people feel they are seeing themselves represented on screen. It's just such a colossally dumb thing to say.

We are after all talking about a generation that was taught to ignore the history books in school, and now that they're 'young adults' they all of a sudden are interested in history...provided its severely slanted, without perspective and most importantly, validates their emotional instability.

Posts: 14637 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
I sure hope Marvel Comics gave her a traditional Muslim burial at sea like Osama.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I’ve lost track of the number of times that DC has brought Superman back from the dead; this won’t last.

If anything, Marvel was probably disappointed that nobody knew/cared that the had a Muslim Superhero…now they’ll come back and because of “fan demand” bring her back to life just in time promote The Marvels movie.

It’s almost getting too easy to predict how this shit works now.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I’ll be upset if Veronica from Archie comics get wacked.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:
It seems she wasn't so super after all.

Affirmative Action hire, that's what you get.

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry, I thought Marvel characters were FICTIONAL! How foolish of me.

Mental illness is really running rampant.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post