SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Illegal Alien Appointed To Statewide Government Job In California
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Illegal Alien Appointed To Statewide Government Job In California Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
The camel's nose is under the tent Roll Eyes It would be hilarious if ICE would arrest her on the job.

Lizbeth Mateo, an illegal alien and citizen of Mexico who came to the country with her parents when she was 14, is the first undocumented person to be appointed to a statewide government job in the United States. The job, to serve on the California Student Opportunity and Access Program Project Grant Advisory Committee, is an official government position that seeks to aid poor and “underserved communities” in gaining access to college.

Mateo’s appointed was approved by the California Senate Rules Committee Wednesday.

In a statement, Mateo said illegal aliens are “underrepresented” in government. “While undocumented students have become more visible in our state, they remain underrepresented in places where decisions that affect them are being made.”

California Senate President pro tempore Kevin de León, in announcing the appointment, said Mateo is “a courageous, determined and intelligent young woman who at great personal risk has dedicated herself to fight for those seeking their rightful place in this country. While Donald Trump fixates on walls, California will continue to concentrate on opportunities.”

http://dailycaller.com/2018/03...rnia-government-job/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Absolutely ridiculous. Did the oath of office include support & defend the Constitution? Probably not, since elected officials who are citizens are not. The Mayor of Oakland, for instance. CA can't fall into the ocean fast enough.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where is ICE when you need them!

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Hilarious.

Posts: 5303 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
In a statement, Mateo said illegal aliens are “underrepresented” in government.

You have got to be shitting me. They are fully represented in government, the government in their own f**king countries.

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
This is one of the reasons I'm ashamed to say I'm a California resident. This guy DeLeon is actually proud to say some of his family are illegals!! He's in the state senate and is considered a rising star in the democratic party Eek

Two years and I retire and get out of here. Can't happen soon enough.

Posts: 245 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
Seems to me those who are willing to break immigration laws often don't have much reluctance to break other laws.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
God and ICE willing, this will not happen.

If it does, perhaps one step closer to the civil war.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12723 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It ALREADY happened. and camel's nose-dude, there's a whole herd of those bad boys in the tent, shittin' up the place.

Recent experience has truly revealed to me how lawless CA is.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
I have long said that if Ca. and NYC were to break off and float out into their respective oceans no one would miss them.

I don't know about everyone else but I am sick and tired of illegals being afforded all the same rights born citizens are. That is all!!!

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG 229R:
I have long said that if Ca. and NYC were to break off and float out into their respective oceans no one would miss them.

I don't know about everyone else but I am sick and tired of illegals being afforded all the same rights born citizens are. That is all!!!

I have no problems with illegals having the same rights as citizens, IF they pick up the same responsibilities as citizens (which kind of means they would be citizens).

My gripe is those who come wanting all the beneifts of America but they reject the duties of America. They want a better life than is possible in their homeland, but bring with them the diseased culture of their homeland and expect us to accomodate such.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ONLY, in America does this happen and becomes a shining example for the rest of the states. California's examples are the Pandora's box for the rest of us. Every liberal ideal stems from them and goes to every corner of our country.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's see, it is illegal to employ an alien without work authorization. Therefore the state if violating federal employment law and should be prosecuted.

Whose Soc. Sec. number is she using for her tax withholding? Or do we give those to illegals now?

The very idea that non-citizens need representation in gov't is incomprehensible...

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
so why hasn't he been arrested?

he wanted so very much to make himself high-profile, one would think the feds would oblige him and raise the profile a bit more

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I left four months ago, I moved to the United States

Posts: 163 | Location: Murrells inlet SC | Registered: December 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
We have laws that safeguard the welfare of pets, but dogs didn't get to vote on them.

Posts: 5756 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Let's see, it is illegal to employ an alien without work authorization. Therefore the state if violating federal employment law and should be prosecuted.

Whose Soc. Sec. number is she using for her tax withholding? Or do we give those to illegals now?

The very idea that non-citizens need representation in gov't is incomprehensible...

Well, we give illegals drivers licenses, voting rights, free education, all living expenses subsidized by taxpayers. And if you don't give them a social security number, they will steal one anyway.