SIGforum
Baseball is better with a friend

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/4990013384

July 09, 2021, 10:09 PM
bigdeal
Baseball is better with a friend
I love watching baseball (let's not get into the political aspects of it right now). But it's always more fun to watch a game with a good friend. Enter....Bert. He's either really into the game (or just digs the belly scratching), given he's been here now for over an hour. Smile And no wise cracks about my uber tanned legs please. Razz

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter
July 09, 2021, 10:59 PM
PR64
I agree!!!

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat
July 09, 2021, 11:09 PM
old rugged cross
Oh my Eek I like it. For me its my kitty sitting next to me while on SF Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"
July 10, 2021, 01:28 AM
Pale Horse
Fuck MLB.

But baseball is a great sport despite the liberal fucks in charge of the pro sports version. My friend isn’t visible in this pic, but he’s the one who gave me these suite level tickets to the Charlotte Knights. And regardless of politics, minor league baseball is the best baseball anyway.

[/url][/IMG]

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014
July 10, 2021, 10:19 AM
Southern Rebel
I would rather watch the Kardashians in a farting contest (ie ride to the sound of the BIG guns) than watch current-day baseball. That doesn't mean that I am right about it being boring - it does mean that my opinion is set in stone......
July 10, 2021, 11:24 AM
tatortodd
Love the pics. BigDeal's dog and Pr64's dogs all look settled in for a marathon lounge session.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
July 10, 2021, 12:49 PM
flashguy
I don't have dogs, but I often have 3 of my 5 cats resting on me while I watch TV.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
July 10, 2021, 12:54 PM
Expert308
I'm not into baseball at all, but my buddy loves to join me on the sofa.

July 10, 2021, 02:38 PM
Rawny
Cat people need to represent!

Mocha keep me warm...or is it the other way around? Confused

July 10, 2021, 02:53 PM
Maestro
He’s looking very happy!! How’s his training going?
July 10, 2021, 03:29 PM
old rugged cross
i really miss the days where members can just enjoy and comment on the spirit of the op's thread. It really sucks to have post's such as those included here that have nothing to do with the intent of the op. Sad. You guys suck that cannot help yourself. You really do.

BD, your JRT looks a lot like our's, in that position anyways Big Grin

July 10, 2021, 04:20 PM
tatortodd
quote:
Originally posted by Maestro:
It looks like all of the dogs and Mocha have their humans pretty well trained Big Grin

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
July 10, 2021, 05:58 PM
flashguy
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
i really miss the days where members can just enjoy and comment on the spirit of the op's thread. It really sucks to have post's such as those included here that have nothing to do with the intent of the op. Sad. You guys suck that cannot help yourself. You really do.
Perhaps some of us have a broader interpretation of the OP's intent than you do.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
July 10, 2021, 06:14 PM
old rugged cross
Oh, like "fuck mlb" give me a break flash. That is brilliant. Roll Eyes

Let me spell it out for you. The op is spending time with his best buddy watching a major league baseball game. Some quality time for both of them. Is that a broad enough interpretation for you Razz

July 10, 2021, 09:54 PM
bigdeal
quote:
After a few challenging weeks of potty training, I think he's finally got it. Leash walking has improved markedly, and we continue to work on his socialization skills. Basically he's doing pretty good. Give me a couple more months and he should be golden. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter
July 11, 2021, 08:15 AM
Maestro
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
After a few challenging weeks of potty training, I think he's finally got it. Leash walking has improved markedly, and we continue to work on his socialization skills. Basically he's doing pretty good. Give me a couple more months and he should be golden. Smile

Outstanding! I’m hoping you can bring him to one of our rescue meetups to show him off!!
July 16, 2021, 05:17 PM
katndog
love this post
July 17, 2021, 11:43 AM
holdem
Watching the Tour de France is better with a friend too. Boo the kitty will lie on my chest for hours.

July 17, 2021, 02:08 PM
Edmond
Years ago, when I lived in places where the local team sucked and tickets were cheap, it was something we’d go do. The game itself might not have been interesting but the atmosphere at the park and the company made it a fun time. I used to be a huge baseball fan but been watching sports less and less as other things in life get in the way.

I don’t care if it’s minor league baseball, I just like the atmosphere of the park.

One thing I really liked about baseball are how unique each park is. Only uniform dimension is the infield. I liked seeing how outfielders adjusted to different parks. Definitely miss Tal’s Hill at the former Enron Park. Worst park I’ve been is Minute Maid. Feels like a concrete prison.