SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Baseball is better with a friend
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Baseball is better with a friend Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted
I love watching baseball (let's not get into the political aspects of it right now). But it's always more fun to watch a game with a good friend. Enter....Bert. He's either really into the game (or just digs the belly scratching), given he's been here now for over an hour. Smile And no wise cracks about my uber tanned legs please. Razz

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I agree!!!

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3474 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Oh my Eek I like it. For me its my kitty sitting next to me while on SF Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Fuck MLB.

But baseball is a great sport despite the liberal fucks in charge of the pro sports version. My friend isn’t visible in this pic, but he’s the one who gave me these suite level tickets to the Charlotte Knights. And regardless of politics, minor league baseball is the best baseball anyway.

[/url][/IMG]

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would rather watch the Kardashians in a farting contest (ie ride to the sound of the BIG guns) than watch current-day baseball. That doesn't mean that I am right about it being boring - it does mean that my opinion is set in stone......

Posts: 1626 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Love the pics. BigDeal's dog and Pr64's dogs all look settled in for a marathon lounge session.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23209 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I don't have dogs, but I often have 3 of my 5 cats resting on me while I watch TV.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I'm not into baseball at all, but my buddy loves to join me on the sofa.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
Cat people need to represent!

Mocha keep me warm...or is it the other way around? Confused

Posts: 2660 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
He’s looking very happy!! How’s his training going?

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
i really miss the days where members can just enjoy and comment on the spirit of the op's thread. It really sucks to have post's such as those included here that have nothing to do with the intent of the op. Sad. You guys suck that cannot help yourself. You really do.

BD, your JRT looks a lot like our's, in that position anyways Big Grin

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maestro:
It looks like all of the dogs and Mocha have their humans pretty well trained Big Grin

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23209 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
i really miss the days where members can just enjoy and comment on the spirit of the op's thread. It really sucks to have post's such as those included here that have nothing to do with the intent of the op. Sad. You guys suck that cannot help yourself. You really do.
Perhaps some of us have a broader interpretation of the OP's intent than you do.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Oh, like "fuck mlb" give me a break flash. That is brilliant. Roll Eyes

Let me spell it out for you. The op is spending time with his best buddy watching a major league baseball game. Some quality time for both of them. Is that a broad enough interpretation for you Razz

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
After a few challenging weeks of potty training, I think he's finally got it. Leash walking has improved markedly, and we continue to work on his socialization skills. Basically he's doing pretty good. Give me a couple more months and he should be golden. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
After a few challenging weeks of potty training, I think he's finally got it. Leash walking has improved markedly, and we continue to work on his socialization skills. Basically he's doing pretty good. Give me a couple more months and he should be golden. Smile

Outstanding! I’m hoping you can bring him to one of our rescue meetups to show him off!!

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
love this post

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
Watching the Tour de France is better with a friend too. Boo the kitty will lie on my chest for hours.

Posts: 2285 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Years ago, when I lived in places where the local team sucked and tickets were cheap, it was something we’d go do. The game itself might not have been interesting but the atmosphere at the park and the company made it a fun time. I used to be a huge baseball fan but been watching sports less and less as other things in life get in the way.

I don’t care if it’s minor league baseball, I just like the atmosphere of the park.

One thing I really liked about baseball are how unique each park is. Only uniform dimension is the infield. I liked seeing how outfielders adjusted to different parks. Definitely miss Tal’s Hill at the former Enron Park. Worst park I’ve been is Minute Maid. Feels like a concrete prison.

Posts: 13091 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post