SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The problem with AI in a nutshell:
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The problem with AI in a nutshell: Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15289 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, stolen!

Posts: 1708 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Give it time and you'll be doing the work for AI.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6362 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
My current favorite AI story:

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23367 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
now that was impressive

who said the Marines had no sense of humor

Posts: 53268 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

iDog℠

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43952 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
My current favorite AI story:

Yep. Reminds me of the short story I read where a town's human violin teacher was replaced by a robot that automatically controlled the student's fingers and caused the student to play perfectly. Until, it suffered catastrophic failure when a student, being children, reversed the order of the strings on his violin and the robot failed as the notes coming out was off.

I find AI to provide good feedback to make my writing better. I say, "Review the following for readability and accuracy:" and it gives me an edited suggestion which i can take or leave. It's very effective when I say, "Review the following for conciseness."

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19744 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post