SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    VA Hearing Aids (Signia)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

VA Hearing Aids (Signia) Login/Join 
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted
I just got my pair of inside the canal aids yesterday.

I am in the process of programming them with the use of the Assistant on the App.

I was able to get the Universal program to where I need it to be, but am having no luck at all programming either of the other 2 channels.
The adjustments are all going onto the Universal channel.

Am I doing something wrong, or is that just the way it is?

Yes I intend to make an appointment to see the Audiologist, but that will take a couple months.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Might want to ask them about the apparent "echo" effect as well... Wink

(That is, you posted the same thread twice. Big Grin )

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/4970085005

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/7770085005

Posts: 32505 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
va should have paired them when you took delivery!

my 1st va hearing aids were resound. one earpiece kept un-pairing. after several trips to va to fix the issue, traded for phonak hearing aids!

no issues since the trade.

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
This is not a pairing issue, it’s a programming problem.

Bob

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbert0005:
This is not a pairing issue, it’s a programming problem.

Bob

i guess i should've said have va set 'em up when you took delivery!!

fwiw:
i just got a new phone....tried to setup the app + pair.

i couldn't get the app to work, ended up stopping in va/audio to get the issue resolved!!

I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
I will be trying that, but they warned me that it may take a couple months to get in.

Bob

posted Hide Post
You got the in ear models? I got the over the ear models and I am surprised I still have them, since my glasses tend to dislodge them.
I have to call VA and see whats up. Mine are Oticon.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16085 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Yup, in the ear model. I had some about 10 years ago and they were great.
I have been wearing some behind the ear ones for 5 years now and I agree with them getting tangled in my glasses, comb, and we wont even talk about a mask.

I think I found something that says the tv and noisey programs can’t be adjusted from the App.

Makes no sense to me, but I will find out, for sure.

Bob

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yup, in the ear model. I had some about 10 years ago and they were great.
I have been wearing some behind the ear ones for 5 years now and I agree with them getting tangled in my glasses, comb, and we wont even talk about a mask.

I have recently gone to behind-the-ears (actually more on top of the ear) and agree with the tangling issue. I wear a mask (at work) and require cheaters nowadays, so having three things on my ears a lot of the time can be a PITA. However, having tried out a set of in-the-canals for a month, it's a trade off I'm willing to make. There is no contest in the difference in sound quality IMO. The ITCs were simply intolerable in that regard (not to mention that they were somewhat painful), whereas the BTEs are as near to normal natural sound as I've found. Mine have four microphones vs. the one or maybe two of ITCs. This is what makes the difference.

Everyone's hearing loss is different, and what works/sounds best for me may not for someone else. I'm just a little more careful in donning and removing my glasses/mask and it's been OK.

Posts: 20097 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will be trying that, but they warned me that it may take a couple months to get in.

Bob

i happened to be in the hospital, told the check-in person about the new phone & what was happening.
it was about 1100, i took an appointment at 1340, went back at 1230, asked if i could be seen early.

within 2 min, i was called in. phone app had locked up. tech uninstalled/re-installed the app, i was done/otd in less than 10 min.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

I have recently gone to behind-the-ears (actually more on top of the ear) and agree with the tangling issue. I wear a mask (at work) and require cheaters nowadays, so having three things on my ears a lot of the time can be a PITA.
Couple years ago when masks were mandated in some places, I too had glasses, hearing aids, and mask straps, tangling with each other behind my ears.

I found some mask extenders that helped. These things hook onto the ear loops of a mask and go around the back of your head, so the mask no longer needs to be attached behind your ears.

https://www.amazon.com/Extende...x%2Caps%2C161&sr=8-6

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30658 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check with your local VA clinic - some of them have walk-in times for quick adjustments. The one local here has them. I need to take Dad in as his new Oticon BTE units need adjustments to both the programming and the ear shells.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post