SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    And the award for ugliest firearm goes to...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And the award for ugliest firearm goes to... Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
It's got to be this - Ruger PCC Charger. What other firearms have you seen that kind of make you gag?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4945 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I've always thought Calico pistols were hideous.

Posts: 33038 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That Ruger is definitely a beast, my wife had a S&W Shield EZ9 PC - with the loaded chamber indicator, cheap grip safety & (looked like) stamped metal slide release.......it's not destined to win any classic beauty awards either. Smile

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1954 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Eh. Eye of the beholder, I guess. It's not beautiful like a SIG, but it's definitely better looking than a High Point or those pistols Remington tried to sell years ago. This one has a bit of style to it, at least.

What is that supposed to be? If a pistol, how would you aim something like that? I could see it as a nice carbine, if one were to add a stock and a longer barrel. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21921 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
What is that supposed to be? If a pistol, how would you aim something like that? I could see it as a nice carbine, if one were to add a stock and a longer barrel. . .

It's likely supposed to either be the foundation for a SBR, or used with a pistol brace.

But you could conceivably shoot it fairly effectively without a stock or brace, by using a red dot optic while utilizing the push/pull method plus the tension of a rear-mounted single point sling to add extra stability, similar to what was pioneered back in the day with the MP5K by the SAS and others:

Posts: 33038 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post

I always thought the Rhino revolver was an ugly piece of work.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15489 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I have to admit the first thing that came to mind was the HiPoint. Like a pregnant slide. It instantly reminded me of the original paintball pistols. In fact, the paintball pistols looked better to me.

A little less ugly were those failed Remington pistols (R51). They reminded me of that weirdo late sixties toy pistol marketed as being from Star Trek even though it was nothing of the kind. They shot little plastic discs about the size of a nickel. Looked reminiscent of a futuristic styled broom-handle Mauser.

Remington R51

At least I can see that Chiappa Rhino being a decent impact weapon. It would be extra painful to be pistol whipped with that thing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 83v45magna,

Posts: 7392 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Well, I like my PC Charger!

PC Charger Extended Left by Dave Steier, on Flickr

PC Charger Folded BUIS Right by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Scorpions are hideous, IMO.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I don't own one, but my nominee is (IMHO) certainly well qualified!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10260 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
In my mind, it's all too easy to pimp out a 1911 to the point of it's being fugly. If I didn't get hammer-bit (grip safety bit?), I'd be a huge fan of the basic version of the pistol.

Posts: 27302 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
H&K VP70. So ugly it’s kinda cool. I would probably buy one if it didn’t have such a horrible trigger.

Posts: 4000 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Ugliness in a firearm can be an advantage. More intimidating to the BG. The.45 caliber grease gun is rather ugly.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9437 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
My vote- I hear it is a fun gun (I considered one before buying a Ruger IV).

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17622 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
https://www.google.com/search?...QBg&biw=1168&bih=521

Altor Pistol

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
I see your PC Charger, and raise you a TR Imports Silver Eagle.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I'll nominate the Grendel P30, I bought one years ago because of rarity but sold it pretty quickly for it's ugliness. Magazines for it were around $100, that was about 15 years ago. .22 WMR, 30 round mags

Posts: 5536 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Definitely the Chiappa Rhino.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10532 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The Marlin or Mossberg (I forget which) lever-action rifle with the black plastic "furniture," accessory rail and AR/M4 collapsible stock. The Glocks (in stock form utilitarian and functional but not particularly attractive to start with) modified by ZEV.

Posts: 28645 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post