SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Monday Morning Quote of the Week
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Monday Morning Quote of the Week Login/Join 
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted
• Conflict cannot survive without your participation. Wayne Dyer

Posts: 3725 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
The power of making war often prevents it. – Thomas Jefferson

The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him. – G.K. Chesterton

“War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.” – John Stuart Mill

“Man becomes his most creative during war.” – Clint Eastwood

War is what happens when language fails. – Margaret Atwood

“The military don’t start wars. Politicians start wars.” – William Westmoreland

War is a severe doctor; but it sometimes heals grievances. – Edward Counsel

“War is evil, but it is often the lesser evil.” – George Orwell

“I have never advocated war except as a means of peace.” – Ulysses S. Grant

“It's hard to lead a cavalry charge if you think you look funny on a horse.” ― Adlai E. Stevenson

“In times of war, the law falls silent.
Silent enim leges inter arma” ― Marcus Tullius Cicero

“The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” ― Joseph Heller, Catch-22

“Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!” ― William Shakespeare, Julius Caesar

“In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable.”
― Dwight D. Eisenhower

“You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory, victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.”
― Winston Churchill

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
“It's hard to lead a cavalry charge if you think you look funny on a horse.” ― Adlai E. Stevenson

Can't help but be reminded of Michael Dukakis...he learned it's hard to be taken seriously as a presidential candidate when you look silly wearing a helmet sitting in a tank.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post