SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Guns & Corvettes
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guns & Corvettes Login/Join 
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted
From the response to xantom's thread...

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/7660014994

...it appears that quite a few of us own the "Plastic Fantastic" that is Corvette. We all showed restraint in not stealing xantom's thunder, so I thought we deserve a thread of our own. Post pictures of your Corvette(s).

Shamelessly, I'll start...

My 1990 Z51 that I have owned for 30 years (it is for sale), and below that my 2013 Collector Edition 427 Convertible, one of only 28 Supersonic Blue 427 convertibles.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1453 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Supersonic blue might be my favorite C6 color, much better than the bright Jetstream blue, IMO.

I worked for a Chevrolet dealer in college & pestered our inventory Mgr to order a ZR1 in ss blue. We got & sold a few in js blue, but never got one in ss.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15414 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heres my 2001 Z51, owned since new.

Posts: 252 | Location: SW,MI | Registered: July 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
My last three starting with current 2007 Ron Fellows Z06

2012 CE GS Callawy convertible

2009 Z06

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2776 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by got2hav1:

My uncle had a CE GS 6mt coupe. Fun car the brief time I got behind the wheel.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15414 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
Got mine back on the road a couple of years ago.

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I know what I like
I like what I know
Picture of Mark in Michigan
posted Hide Post
My 1996 LT-4 in Taos NM several years ago. I am the original owner. Purchased new in 1996.

I still have it.

Best regards,
Mark in Michigan

Posts: 503 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2222 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
This is my Marlboro Red w/Marlboro Red interior 1965 rag top with knock offs, PS, PB, PW, AM/FM and factory A/C

Here is my 1968 Black on Black L88 with side pipes.

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5184 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by colt_saa:
This is my Marlboro Red w/Marlboro Red interior 1965 rag top with knock offs, PS, PB, PW, AM/FM and factory A/C

[/QUOTE

Very nice! Is the L88 the real deal or a clone?
Either way it is super cool. I've been in the Corvette hobby since the early 90s and have only seen a handful or L88s. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 2776 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
From my driver’s ed certificate dated August 1, 1983:

My dad has had two now and I’ve driven them both. The first was a manual C5 that was silver. He sold it because my mom could’ve get in and out of it. My passed away last June, and my 84 year old father bought another C5, but an automatic because his knees can’t take the clutch. He thought it was the same color, but it’s slightly different. Apparently, the first one was Quicksilver and this one is Light Pewter. Light Pewter has a hint of gold to it.

Posts: 11035 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:

My uncle had a CE GS 6mt coupe. Fun car the brief time I got behind the wheel.

The Callaway I recently sold was a lot of fun too. I knew it was a rare car and had tracked down 4 others like it. After I sold it I found out there were only 7 Callaways in that configuration confirmed by Reeves Callaway. This car was loaded 4LT trim option , 6 speed manual, convertible, CE. $115K car with the Callaway package (606HP). Here it is on the Tail of the dragon, awesome time in the mountains.

Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Here's my 2003 that I recently sold. Bought it new in 2003, trouble was it wasn't getting driven.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3409 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UTsig:
Here's my 2003 that I recently sold. Bought it new in 2003, trouble was it wasn't getting driven.

I bet little man would drive it for you!!!

posted Hide Post
Survivor 1979 with 22,000 miles and a 4 speed.

"You can take your pistol and stick it so far up your ass, the muzzle of it is visible when you cough."

Posts: 1248 | Registered: February 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:

Very nice! Is the L88 the real deal or a clone?
Either way it is super cool. I've been in the Corvette hobby since the early 90s and have only seen a handful or L88s. Thanks for posting.
Real Deal

There only were a handful:
20 in 1967
80 in 1968
116 in 1969

While I would have preferred one of the 1967s, you take the ones that you stumble across

SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5184 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Colt, Excellent. A few years ago our Corvette club took at tour of Rick Hendrick's collection. He had one of the '67s a red one I believe. I wouldn't turn down an L88, I think you did well. Smile

posted Hide Post
I didn’t see any guns in this thread.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Neither did I, but I am old.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:

WHOOPS

SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com