SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2013 Honda Accord noise
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2013 Honda Accord noise Login/Join 
posted
My Accord V6 makes a very short buzzing or rattling sound when accelerating from a stop. It does not happen in neutral. I don’t recall if it happens in reverse. I never hear it while changing speeds or driving at a constant speed. It only lasts for a fraction of a second but it’s annoying. Thoughts?

Posts: 981 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Exhaust heat shield broken/loose, broken/damaged exhaust hanger and things of that nature would be what I looked at first.

Posts: 930 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
"My Accord V6" Hmmmm . . .

What color is it?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30741 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
Possible detonation/pinging? Heat shields/exhaust as suggested.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

What color is it?

Que the rolling of the eyes.
It’s red, the same color of Bonanzas that killed the most doctors right?

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 400m:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

What color is it?
Que the rolling of the eyes.
It’s red, the same color of Bonanzas that killed the most doctors right?
"Car Talk" with Click and Clack (the tappet brothers) -- frequently, when a caller started to describe a problem with a car, one of the brothers would immediately ask "What color is it?" Don't know why I found it so funny, but it always cracked me up.

One of the funniest episodes of that show had Martha Stewart as a guest.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30741 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M1Garandy:
Exhaust heat shield broken/loose, broken/damaged exhaust hanger and things of that nature would be what I looked at first.

This,
Accords are notorious for chewing thru heat shields. Replaced them on my v6 2004 3 times,
on my i4 2014 replaced 2x.

see for reference
https://www.hondapartsnow.com/...a2=KA%206AT&filter=()

Makes a buzzing noise and them stops.

Not sure about the v6 but it is not an expensive part. Definitely a DIY.

Posts: 1045 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn’t recognize it was humor. Difficult without knowing the back story.
I’m having the starter changed this week. Maybe my mechanic can find something loose/cracked or other. It drives me nuts listening to it.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Car Talk" with Click and Clack (the tappet brothers) -- frequently, when a caller started to describe a problem with a car, one of the brothers would immediately ask "What color is it?" Don't know why I found it so funny, but it always cracked me up.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Miss that show. Both guys were MIT grads. Experts at spontaneous off the cuff humor as well as car knowledge. Had people on the phone crawling under their cars to see the color of the leak.

Posts: 17282 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I see you like to keep cars around for a long time like me. How much mileage you have on the Accord? I had an Accord, too. I figure 300k is when I’ve squeezed the most out of a car. Unfortunately, never reached that figure. We gave previous cars away to friends or relatives while the cars were still in good condition. I have a 2013 SUV but it’s only 140k as I don’t have a 35 mile or even 50 mile commute anymore. I think 10k of the mileage was from two cross country trips.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19721 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just turned 70k on it. Bought it 2 1/2 years ago with 55-56k. It sure is fun to drive.

Picture of sigseller2000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
I see you like to keep cars around for a long time like me. How much mileage you have on the Accord? I had an Accord, too. I figure 300k is when I’ve squeezed the most out of a car. Unfortunately, never reached that figure. We gave previous cars away to friends or relatives while the cars were still in good condition. I have a 2013 SUV but it’s only 140k as I don’t have a 35 mile or even 50 mile commute anymore. I think 10k of the mileage was from two cross country trips.

My honda mechanic, who has been a friend since we worked at the same dealership in the early 90's has had exactly 2 honda accords since then! He and my wife had the same '91 Accord, which he finally got rid of I don't know when, but his current accord is an '04 with 355+ miles!
sorry to hijack!

Posts: 798 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: November 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Another thing to look for is for anything that rattles. You might have to also crawl under the car and bang on things with your fist and also check to make sure fasteners are tightened.

By brother in law's jeep had a rattle that happens at certain RPMs, I went around and banged on things, and finally found it- it was his rear license plate that was vibrating and chattering on the trunk lid. I gave it a quick bend outward and the buzz chatter vanished.

Friend of mine with a Civic TypeR had something similar, and I found that one of his front brake dust shields were so close to the rotor that it would rub at certain times while driving/braking.

Posts: 7425 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post