SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sorry Your Soul Got Ate Jim Comey
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sorry Your Soul Got Ate Jim Comey Login/Join 
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
I know I'm probably fooling myself but I'm hoping this is just a strategic decision to demonstrate that the overall investigations and referrals are being handled professionally and objectively. I HOPE they intend to ultimately prosecute him, and others, on much more serious charges.

If these traitors walk, then it's just one more piece of evidence that the entire system is corrupted and irredeemable. Then it's time for pitchforks and torches.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pessimist:
I know I'm probably fooling myself but I'm hoping this is just a strategic decision to demonstrate that the overall investigations and referrals are being handled professionally and objectively. I HOPE they intend to ultimately prosecute him, and others, on much more serious charges.

If these traitors walk, then it's just one more piece of evidence that the entire system is corrupted and irredeemable. Then it's time for pitchforks and torches.

You forgot rope and lamp posts

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
There’s a great post at Conservative Treehouse that sheds some insight on this declining to prosecute thing. People really need to chill ax a bit and stop having “I’ve lost all faith” moments.

Besides. You shouldn’t put all your faith in people anyway.

https://theconservativetreehou...-reporting-on-comey/

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9160 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Besides. You shouldn’t put all your faith in people anyway.

========================================

Horse sense is what keeps horses from betting on people.

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Geez there were a lot of slimeballs in Obamas administration.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
My recollection is that Obamas ENTIRE administration was made up of slimeballs. Prerequisite to work in it, evidently. Wink Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Donald Trump wouldn't be who he is If he lets this pass without accountability.

Trump knows more about what happened than we do.

That's all I have But we've Never had a President like Donald Trump and for that I'm deeply thankful.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Can AG Barr over ride this asinine concept that certain people are above the law, whether they knew they were violating it or not?

I know that a LOT of people are in jail for violating laws they didn't know about.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
When I was younger, even in my wild "hippie" heydays, I believed that the U.S. was a nation of laws and not men.

I no longer believe this. Another fanciful dream of youth dashed to pieces.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
When I was younger, even in my wild "hippie" heydays, I believed that the U.S. was a nation of laws and not men.

I no longer believe this. Another fanciful dream of youth dashed to pieces.

I am not quite (at this point) so totally disillusioned. A LOT of people in this country are pissed and getting more so as the width and depth of the swamp comes more to light. Whether Trump can reverse the direction in which we seem to be heading remains to be seen.

Until enough people get truly irate about the conditions in our government (state, federal and local) and take action it will not change. And by action, I do mean violence. Voting the criminals out of office would be a good start. Putting people who have no tolerance for "short-cuts" or illegal actions would go a long ways towards reversing the direction.

The big question is, "are enough people getting mad enough to take action?" actually getting off their dead asses and voting would be a good start. And that voting would have to be in the primaries to see that the right candidates actually get on the ballot.

Elk

-Thomas Jefferson

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
voting can't solve the problem - its what created it in the first place

we do not do a good enough job of vetting people that want to run for office

just because you want to, is usually a sign that you're not fit to be in a position of public power

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
voting can't solve the problem - its what created it in the first place

we do not do a good enough job of vetting people that want to run for office

just because you want to, is usually a sign that you're not fit to be in a position of public power

=========================================
The other issue is not about elections. It is about the terms of unelected officials. DC is a swamp and the longer one stays, the more jaded they become.

Some start with the best of intentions, high moral values, etc. but the exposure to the swamp takes its toll.

Adaption to the environment is what our species does well; unfortunately D.C. environs eventually takes focus from good intent and moves it to the flashing of diamonds at cocktail parties, political and economic power, association with power, who has dirt on who, etc.

It is human nature - extended stay in D.C. is not good for our civil servants. It is certainly not good for our country.

What do the following people have in common besides association with the deep state swamp?

Muller, Comey, Rosenstein, Sessons, Strzok, Page, Brennen, Clapper, Holder.

Answer: None of them were elected. Roll Eyes

"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Donald Trump wouldn't be who he is If he lets this pass without accountability.

Trump knows more about what happened than we do.

That's all I have But we've Never had a President like Donald Trump and for that I'm deeply thankful.

==========================================

Amen Brother

Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
Surprise of the day: DOJ will not prosecute Comey for leaking classified material.

Article

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Too bad.

It's still hard to believe that the likes of Comey was our TOP FBI law enforcement
officer.

He degrades the office and acts like a petulant child instead of law enforcement.

Are they all just as hollow as he is?

Seems like Strzok and McCabe are.

May his disgrace follow him and forever be associated with even the sound of his name.

Like Pig Pen, the cloud of his stench will go with him everywhere.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Comey wants an apology. Yeah, don't hold yer breath, Jimmy boy.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Comey wants an apology. Yeah, don't hold yer breath, Jimmy boy.

I don't know if the fat lady has sung quite yet.

That Comey isn't aware enough to think that it is he who owes an apology is telling.

A normal person would recognize a rebuke when they see it.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Comey attended the Elizabeth Warren School of Contrition and graduated Magna cum Loudmouth.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
So, this maggot will not be prosecuted. No wonder many of us lost faith in the justice system long ago. Equal justice under the law is a farce. The fucking swamp creatures protect their own. Mad Mad Mad

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Here is the report.
Note that it does not exonerate Comey.

Report of Investigation of Former Federal Bureau of Investigation Director James Comey's Disclosure of Sensitive Investigative Information and Handling of Certain Memoranda

V. OIG Analysis ..................................................................................... 52
A. The Memos were FBI Records ..................................................... 52
B. Comey Violated Department and FBI Policies Pertaining to the Retention, Handling, and Dissemination of FBI Records and Information.............................................................................. 54
1. Comey Failed to Return Memos 2, 4, 6, and 7 after Being Removed as FBI Director .................................................. 55
2. Comey Improperly Disclosed FBI Documents and Information 56
C. Comey Failed to Immediately Alert the FBI to the Unauthorized Disclosure of Classified Information............................................. 59

VI. Conclusion

.........Former Director Comey failed to live up to this responsibility. By not safeguarding sensitive information obtained during the course of his FBI employment, and by using it to create public pressure for official action, Comey set a dangerous example for the over 35,000 current FBI employees—and the many thousands more former FBI employees—who similarly have access to or knowledge of non-public information.

Comey said he was compelled to take these actions “if I love this country...and I love the Department of Justice, and I love the FBI.” However, were current or former FBI employees to follow the former Director's example and disclose sensitive information in service of their own strongly held personal convictions, the FBI would be unable to dispatch its law enforcement duties properly, as Comey himself noted in his March 20, 2017 congressional testimony.

Comey expressed a similar concern to President Trump, according to Memo 4, in discussing leaks of FBI information, telling Trump that the FBI's ability to conduct its work is compromised “if people run around telling the press what we do.” This is no doubt part of the reason why Comey’s closest advisors used the words “surprised,” “stunned,” “shocked,” and “disappointment” to describe their reactions to learning what Comey had done.

We have previously faulted Comey for acting unilaterally and inconsistent with Department policy. Comey’s unauthorized disclosure of sensitive law enforcement information about the Flynn investigation merits similar criticism.

In a country built on the rule of law, it is of utmost importance that all FBI employees adhere to Department and FBI policies, particularly when confronted by what appear to be extraordinary circumstances or compelling personal convictions.

Comey had several other lawful options available to him to advocate for the appointment of a Special Counsel, which he told us was his goal in making the disclosure. What was not permitted was the unauthorized disclosure of sensitive investigative information, obtained during the course of FBI employment, in order to achieve a personally desired outcome.

The OIG has provided this report to the FBI and to the Department of Justice Office of Professional Responsibility for action they deem appropriate.

Edited to add James Comey’s response to the DOJ Report.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimber1911,

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post