Go ![]() | New ![]() | Find ![]() | Notify ![]() | Tools ![]() | Reply ![]() | |
| Member |
As a current NRA Board Member running for re-election, I am reaching out to share my vision for rebuilding our organization and to ask for your signature on my nomination petition. Please take a moment to read my platform below, and if you are an eligible NRA voting member, I would appreciate your signature on my petition at: Sign the petition at NRAPetition.com Fostering Steady, Sustainable Membership Growth The source of the NRA’s strength has always been our membership, and the path to greater Second Amendment advocacy requires growing our member base. Historically, however, our membership numbers have risen and fallen with the unpredictable winds of politics—fluctuating based on the makeup of Congress or who occupies the Oval Office. This political volatility makes it difficult to consistently maintain or expand our numbers. To secure our future, we must build steady, reliable membership growth. However, many gun owners view the NRA mostly as a political advocacy group, and are largely unaware of the vast array of NRA programs designed to protect and enrich their daily lives. By actively educating gun owners on the full scope of what the NRA provides, I believe we can insulate our growth from the uncertainty of political cycles. The Board of Directors: A Legislature Serving 40+ Programs Building a stronger NRA begins with educating gun owners about the structure and governance of our organization, starting with the NRA Board of Directors. The NRA Board is far more than a typical board of directors—it operates as a mini-legislature overseeing more than forty dedicated program areas that serve the NRA and our members, including:
Built on Volunteer Dedication Our NRA Board members oversee these vital programs entirely on a volunteer basis. No Board member receives financial compensation for their service. We do this work out of a shared dedication to the Second Amendment and a deep commitment to serving the NRA community. From Board Overview to Program Highlights After introducing gun owners to the Board's broad responsibilities, we would follow up with regular, behind-the-scenes stories and reports featuring real-world examples of Board duties and the many programs that directly benefit NRA members. By showcasing the full spectrum of our member-focused programs, we build a more resilient membership base. When gun owners discover the true depth of NRA programs beyond Second Amendment advocacy, they realize the value of their membership in their daily lives. That personal connection creates lasting loyalty that stays strong regardless of political shifts, insulating our organizational growth from political cycles. Action & Results: Defending our Second Amendment Rights Here is a look at what I have done—and continue to do—to protect our freedoms:
Beyond fighting anti-gun legislation and restrictive regulations, I am advocating for stronger coordination between the NRA and grassroots activists on state and local issues. I am asking for your support to ensure my name is on the ballot for the upcoming 2027 NRA Board of Directors election. If you are an NRA Life Member or have been a continuous Annual Member for the past five consecutive years, please take a minute to sign my nomination petition today: Sign the petition at NRAPetition.com (Signing takes less than a minute if you have your NRA membership number handy. Get your NRA Member ID number from your membership card or from the top right side of your NRA magazine mailing label. Or you can call NRA at 1-800-672-3888 on weekdays from 9 AM to 9 PM, or Saturdays 9 AM to 6 PM Eastern Time and they will look up your membership number.) Thank you for your support, your trust, and your commitment to defending our freedom together! Don Saba NRA Board MemberThis message has been edited. Last edited by: DonSaba, | ||
|
| The Ice Cream Man |
Any plans for a financial reform? I think there are some threads on here which should give you an idea on where to start. BS-3595-C401. In Theory, this will be the "seal" verifying that I am an attorney, and when I was licensed/the authority was last contacted, and confirmed it to be active. | |||
|
| If you see me running try to keep up |
Why isn’t the NRA involved in the lawsuits against the ATF? The GOA, NAGR and others have been and are getting anti gun laws changed and the NRA seems uninvolved. Why didn’t the NRA support Rare Breed in their lawsuit? | |||
|
Happily Retired![]() |
I'm an NRA lifetime member and I always vote. In past discussions here on the forum a point of contention was the mere size of the Board. Last I saw there were 76 members. Seems to me half of that number would be a more realistic figure. Some kind of term limits might not be a bad idea either. How many of the current members go back to the LaPierre days? I'll vote for you. .....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress. | |||
|
| Member |
The NRA focused its legal support on Garland v. Cargill, which the Supreme Court decided in Cargill's favor in June 2024. That ruling established a precedent limiting the ATF's authority to classify firearm accessories as machine guns beyond the statutory definition. This precedent was subsequently applied to forced-reset triggers, helping Rare Breed Triggers successfully challenge the ATF's classification of its products as illegal machine guns. The result: On July 23, 2024, a federal district court applied the Cargill precedent and ruled that qualifying forced-reset triggers were not machine guns under federal law. In May 2025, the Department of Justice settled its litigation with Rare Breed, dropped its appeal, and agreed to stop treating the covered triggers as machine guns under federal law, subject to settlement conditions. This allowed Rare Breed to resume sales where state law permits. In short, the NRA's support for Cargill helped establish the legal precedent that contributed to Rare Breed's eventual victory, even though the NRA did not directly lead Rare Breed's case. | |||
|
| Member |
The NRA is currently involved in dozens of gun-rights cases across the United States, challenging federal firearms regulations, state firearm bans, ammunition restrictions, concealed-carry laws, and firearm purchase requirements. The NRA's involvement takes several forms: it is a named plaintiff in some lawsuits, provides legal representation or funding in others, and submits amicus curiae (friend-of-the-court) briefs in cases brought by other organizations. The NRA Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA) maintains an official Current Litigation tracker, which includes active cases and briefs: NRA-ILA Litigation Tracker | |||
|
| Member |
The NRA regularly reviews its financial position, revenues and expenses and focuses on maintaining financial health. | |||
|
Oriental Redneck![]() |
I don't think you answered his question. No offense intended, but what you "said" there sounds just like a politician speak. Q | |||
|
| Member |
Thank you for being a life member and thank you for voting in NRA elections. Our NRA board members have been doing a trememdous job taking NRA's message to the voters in their local communities and online, all across the country. Local political leaders, candidates and voters are thrilled to have NRA Board members come to speak at their rallies. Today, every member of the NRA board is focused on moving forward, to make NRA stronger and more effective and ready to face the great challenges that will come. | |||
|
| Member |
I, too, am a Life Member and would like to hear what the OP's stance is on reducing the numbers of NRA board members. Financially, after LaPierre's reign and before I will ever donate again, there should be a detailed yearly audit of NRA's finances for members to see where every dollar goes. Some advice to the OP - I, and others, don't care for the vagueness and platitudes of the usual politic-speak. Being open, honest, and specific, will be best when asking for support. | |||
|
| Member |
Back in December 2024 the New York Judge stated in his Final Judgement that the financial reforms proposed and made by NRA were satisfactory and the case against NRA was ended. So the reforms deemed necessary were implemented. These reforms involved protections against financial mismanagement and protections for whistleblowers who report such financial improprieties. So currently, NRA carefully examines its financial position, revenues and expenses and focuses on maintaining financial health. No evidence of financial mismanagement has been discovered and there has been no reason for further financial reform. Of course, there are changes being made in response to monthly reports of revenue and expense trends, i.e. ways to increase revenue and reduce costs. | |||
|
| delicately calloused |
I have hope for the NRA. They’re going to need to win some pretty landmark victories to regain trust though. You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier | |||
|
| Member |
I was a member in the past. You guys are worthless. All you ever did was constantly spam me via phone/text/email/mail pleading for more money. And all you ever did with that money was let Wayne piss it all away. To hell with the NRA. This is where my signature goes. | |||
|
| The Ice Cream Man |
So…. Either your marketing team is doing a terrible job - and what honest person has a marketing team to get on the board of a charity - or this is some horse pucky. We are a large forum. However, many of us “know” one another, to various extents. There seems to be some indication of your link to a biotech company - but no public info about what you really do, who you sell to, or where you received your PhD - or any research you’ve published. I didn’t do a full dive, but it seems like your resume is rather thin. BS-3595-C401. In Theory, this will be the "seal" verifying that I am an attorney, and when I was licensed/the authority was last contacted, and confirmed it to be active. | |||
|
| Member |
Want my support? You got it! After you: Reduce the bloated Board of Directors. Purge the so called "friends of Wayne" from any position of responsibility. Become way more visible in all forms of media with strong 2A support. End of Earth: 2 Miles Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles | |||
|
| Member |
As I mentioned in my post, the NRA's large board does a tremendous amount of work supporting and overseeing NRA's many programs that serve the membership. Take a look at all the duties that I listed that our board performs. NRA's many board members contribute a great deal of expertise in a great variety of areas that are critical to accomplishing NRA's mission. NRA's many board members also bring wide representation of NRA members' interests and needs. NRA's many board members are unpaid, they serve without pay. They serve because they are committed to the NRA cause. It would be very expensive to replace these board members with paid staff who have the necessary level of expertise and who can advocate for the broad interests of the membership. The size of the NRA board is also a protection against potential takeover attempts by individuals who would not be helpful to NRA's mission. NRA's board is elected by the membership, reducing the number of board members reduces the membership's voice in how the NRA is managed. Regarding your concerns about NRA's finances, the financial mismanagement that occurred will not be allowed to be repeated. The individuals involved have been held accountable and will never cross NRA's threshold again. There are many financial safeguards that NRA put in place that were approved by the Court, including the detailed yearly audit that you mentioned. At the board meeting in September the entire board reviewed the latest financial reporting documents and heard the report of the NRA Audit Committee. There were no financial irregularities reported. | |||
|
Get Off My Lawn![]() |
The OP has started a similar thread on another gun forum that he also recently joined. And there, as 12131 keenly observed, he also "speaks" in the manner of a politician running for office, and I don't think we will get an indictment from him regarding the ridiculous bloat and ridiculous number of board members in the NRA, he defends it in the other thread, and this one as well. After I posted a comparison of Apple, the biggest company on the planet, having only nine board members, he poo pooed that comparison, going into pure political-speak on how the NRA needs its vastly bloated board. As a Life Member, and someone who used to vote in board elections (my last one 4 years ago), I will not vote in this one, not until they get rid of the current board and drastically reduce the numbers for future members. The NRA has coasted on past reputation for a long time, while other orgs, especially the GOA, have been doing the heavy work. "I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965 | |||
|
| The Ice Cream Man |
So…. No response as to why you should personally be on the board? No resume etc? History of competition? Anything? BS-3595-C401. In Theory, this will be the "seal" verifying that I am an attorney, and when I was licensed/the authority was last contacted, and confirmed it to be active. | |||
|
| Member |
The NRA has put itself into a position where the bar to regain the trust of a large portion of the shooting sports and gun rights community is extremely high, and the OP has not made a very compelling case for supporting his candidacy. | |||
|
| Member |
For those who would like to know what I do professionally, in addition to Second Amendment advocacy, debunking anti-gun junk science and defending shooting ranges, I have for many years, since 1980, worked on the development of new, more effective treatments for cancer. I have worked with leading cancer researchers at major medical research institutions in the USA and Europe. I have participated in research on difficult childhood cancers, prostate cancer, breast cancer and pancreatic cancer and more, for example. If you value what I bring to the table, please consider signing my petition (in the original post above) to place my name on the ballot for the NRA Board election. | |||
|
| Powered by Social Strata | Page 1 2 |
| Please Wait. Your request is being processed... |
|

