SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tlaib says she'll introduce articles of impeachment against Trump this month
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tlaib says she'll introduce articles of impeachment against Trump this month Login/Join 
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted
Here's the latest from the Democrat clown car. No party has ever deserved to self destruct more than this one - and I sincerely hope they do. Moderate Democrats (however few) have to be thoroughly disillusioned, one would think.

From the article:

"We want to be able to work on these economic justice issues, racial justice issues and everything. But guess what? There is a wall there, and a constitutional crisis that is not going to be able to have us be able to do our jobs as American Congress members to push a lot of these agendas forward."

Freshman Democratic Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib appeared to clash with party leadership on Wednesday after joining protesters to say she'd introduce a resolution this month urging the Judiciary Committee to move forward with impeachment proceedings against President Trump.

Tlaib, D-Mich., joined protesters on Capitol Hill to described what she called an “emergency” conveyed to her by her constituents.

"We want to be able to work on these economic justice issues, racial justice issues and everything. But guess what? There is a wall there, and a constitutional crisis that is not going to be able to have us be able to do our jobs as American Congress members to push a lot of these agendas forward."

Tlaib was pressed by reporters over Democratic leadership’s message that unfounded calls for impeachment could spell trouble for the party in 2020.

“This last election was a calling, I mean we saw record turnout in an election year where people wanted to elect the jury that would begin the impeachment proceedings to Donald Trump.”

She continued: “This is not to say that we disagree. I think that every single colleague of mine agrees there are impeachable offenses. That’s one thing we all agree on. We may disagree on the pace. We may disagree that we have to wait on certain hearings, but at the same time, I think they all know the dangers of allowing President Trump to continue to violate our United States Constitution.”

House Majority Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., has shied away from impeachment talks, particularly with Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation of Russian meddling in the 2016 election still ongoing.

"When the facts are known, then we can make a judgment," Pelosi said last week.

Tlaib faced backlash early this year after she was captured on video, just hours after being sworn in, recalling a conversation with her son where she told him, "We’re gonna impeach the motherf----r.”

“This is the largest class since Watergate,” Tlaib said Wednesday speaking of the newly elected members of Congress. “This is a class, a diverse class that comes again with the sense of urgency to act, to act to hold corporations accountable, to act in holding President Trump accountable, to act to really try to see real reforms within even our congressional process.”

Tlaib said on Twitter that she plans to introduce a resolution later this month that would call on the House Judiciary Committee to “move on investigative grounds for impeachment.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...nst-trump-this-month

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
The more time and energy the Dims spend on hating Trump the more foolish they look and the less time they have to fuck up other stuff.

Posts: 4015 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
This what 3rd world shithole governments look like. This what her constituents have always known.
They feel a little less homesick when this representative blows shit out of her pie hole.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8399 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
We should introduce water-boarding to her.

Posts: 1964 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is Flint apart of her district? If so, didn't they have some kind of crises (something about water) that her political party created by playing kick the can for decades?

Posts: 14692 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
I hope she does.

Posts: 3666 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Bless her heart!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36845 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Fuck her and the camel she rode in on. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen anything about this yet on his Twitter, but I'm sure it won't be long.

Posts: 28007 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Corsair, she is from the Dearborn area just outside Detroit. They don’t give a damm about anything but their own asses. I do believe it is the largest concentration of Middle East people in the US. Flint is over an hour north, and outside her district. Flint has been a Demorat enclave. It also is the home of the UAW and other union biznez. Since GM moved out it has been swirling the toilet. Ms Tlaib doesn’t give one shit about Flint or its downtrodden citizens, but would love for Dearborn to become the home of Shriah law.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Real reform would be a public mega hanging of the whole democrat party and half of the rinos. Maybe then we could get on with the business of being a free people in a great country.

Posts: 17922 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
She continued: “I think that every single colleague of mine agrees there are impeachable offenses".

You had a reporters ear- What are those offenses?

Have at it and ring in Trump for 2020!

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13409 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Is Flint apart of her district? If so, didn't they have some kind of crises (something about water) that her political party created by playing kick the can for decades?

By judging her mental competency, I'd guess she is already suffering from severe lead poisoning.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
Fuck her and the camel she rode in on. Regards 18DAI

Telhas Teeze! TwoHumps Tlaib...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43925 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
Fuck her and the camel she rode in on.
That pretty much is all there is to say.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post