SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

For indeed, the times are a changing ...
Good, decent, like minded folks I know, who have lived almost an entire lifetime in Seattle, are getting out of dodge asap.

Montana and Texas hill country destinations.

And no, they are not taking the blue liberal mindedness with them.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonder where the funding for BLM is coming from?

TL;DR - there is indeed an alliance of very wealthy benefactors supporting these extremists, black power movement figures from the 60-70's which has morphed in the 21st century, ideological upper-class whites and their hostile contempt for the world we live in.

Is Warren Buffett the Wallet Behind Black Lives Matter?
quote:
The Tides Network is a powerful instrument leveraged by billionaires working to change America, while shielding their philanthropic dollars from public scrutiny. Here’s how it works.

In July of 2013, the seeds of the most powerful protest movement of the modern era were planted.

In a restless climate of nationwide demonstrations touched off by the killing of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, an activist named Alicia Garza uttered the phrase “Black lives matter.” A few months later, in October 2013, Garza took a job with an organization called the National Domestic Workers Alliance, and the nonprofit immediately saw a dramatic increase in its funding from organizations tied to some of the wealthiest people in the world—people with names like Buffett, Soros, and Rockefeller.

This spring, in the wake of the killing of George Floyd, the movement became a global interest: Some 1.1 million individual donations worth an estimated $33 million flowed into its coffers. Large corporations, especially in Silicon Valley and retail, have been quick to follow suit, with brands like Square, Ubisoft, Google, Spanx, Tom’s Shoes, Lululemon, Nike, and Anastasia Beauty all making six- and seven-figure organizational pledges.

The received wisdom, echoing the official mythology around Black Lives Matter Global Network Inc.—co-founded by Garza along with fellow activists Opal Tometi and Patrisse Cullors—is that BLM is a grassroots movement that rose up organically out of the widespread rage sparked by viral videos of Black American men killed by police officers. According to this account, the political priorities of activists in Brooklyn screaming at cops and calling to defund the police have been fused with those of suburban moms in Peloton T-shirts, hand-painting signs with their kids using the BLM hashtags of large multinational conglomerates—an unusual union of protesters and the corporate boardroom spurred on by nothing more than everyone’s shared outrage over racism.

There is, however, another version of events, in which the heartfelt dedication to racial justice is only the forward-facing side of a more complicated movement. Behind the street level activism and emotional outpouring is a calculated machinery built by establishment money and power that has seized on racial politics, in which some of the biggest capitalists in the world are financially backing a group of self-described “trained Marxists”—a label that Cullors enthusiastically applies to herself and the group’s other co-founders.

These bedfellows, whose stories and fortunes are never publicly presented as related, are in reality intertwined under the umbrella of a fiscal sponsor named the International Development Exchange. A modestly endowed West Coast nonprofit with origins in the Peace Corps—which for decades supported local farmers, shepherds, and agricultural workers across the Global South—IDEX has, in the past six years, been transformed into two distinct new things: the infrastructure back end to the Black Lives Matter organization in the United States and also, at the very same time, an investment fund vehicle driven by recruited MBAs and finance experts seeking to leverage decades of on-the-ground grantee relationships for novel forms of potentially problematic lending instruments. And it did so with help from the family of one of the most famous American billionaires in history—the Oracle of Omaha himself.

Indeed, in 2013, after decades attending to the patient, detailed work of making grants to farmers in Guatemala, IDEX underwent a sudden transformation—just as the Black Lives Matter movement was beginning in earnest. For the decade prior, according to their financial disclosures, donor revenue to IDEX, which changed its name to Thousand Currents in 2016, remained in the modest six figures, often around $500,000 to $600,000 annually. But in 2013, IDEX received an unprecedented $450,000 in grant funding from a single source—raising from one donation about 73% of what the organization had taken in the year prior. That donor was NoVo, a social justice foundation formed in 2006 by Peter Buffett—the son of billionaire investor Warren Buffett—and Peter’s wife, Jennifer.

To that end, IDEX—now Thousand Currents—became BLM’s official fiscal sponsor—an IRS designation wherein a government-sanctioned nonprofit can accept and manage tax-deductible donations on behalf of another organization that has not attained nonprofit status. In addition to managing BLM’s finances, Thousand Currents took over the movement’s “administrative and back office support, including finance, accounting, grants management, insurance, human resources, legal and compliance,” according to a Thousand Currents statement.

That year, NoVo donated another $3.08 million to Thousand Currents and another $4.9 million to NDWA. In keeping with its history of providing direct financial support to organizations that employed the leaders of the movement, NoVo also gave a $300,000 grant to Black Alliance for Just Immigration, which was then helmed by BLM co-founder Opal Tometi. Tometi did not respond to Tablet’s requests to comment for this article.

If all these organizations and layers of administration seem a bit confusing and opaque, that is the point. Shuttling Black Lives Matter over to the Tides Network does more than shield Thousand Currents from intense inquiry. It allows BLM to join a massive repository of projects that can be administered behind extra layers of protection in the form of donor-advised funds, which allow donors to anonymously fund projects while still reaping tax benefits, and multiple organizational shells which include the Tides Network, Tides Center, Tides Foundation, and a slew of other incorporated nonprofit shell organizations which are housed within a single institutional silo. There, they are overseen by a small band of executives who operate with virtually no outside scrutiny—and can coordinate and leverage the political, social, and financial opportunities that these projects create for whatever forms of gain their donors decide to prioritize.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Music to my ears!
Picture of synthrob
posted Hide Post
The Second Amendment as a Guard Against Government-Sanctioned Tyrannous Factions

Abstract

The rioting and looting that occurred in American cities during the summer of 2020 highlight a heretofore ignored aspect of the Second Amendment—the Framers’ concerns about the danger of factions. The Framers of the Fourteenth Amendment, through which the Second Amendment applies to the states, witnessed first-hand freedmen and white Republicans being subjected to terrorist campaigns supported or accommodated by local law enforcement which the “Redeemers” controlled politically. Similarly, the riots and looting of 2020 illustrate that even today, local government officials can be complicit in law-enforcement using political, unequal criteria in determining whether and to what extent to preserve and enforce law and order. Reviewing the events of Summer 2020 suggests that the individual right to self-defense is not only still important, but remains a necessary check on violent factions allied with corrupt local government.

This paper argues that the Second Amendment carries a particular force and has special application when individuals must defend themselves and their property against tyrannous factions that operate with the direct or indirect support of the government. The Second Amendment counters faction in two ways: it protects the individual right of self-defense against violent factions; and it checks the power of government to oppress its citizens through violent factions. Although the Constitution as a whole embodies a concern about faction, the Second Amendment provides unique protection against the abuses of faction by giving citizens the right to defend themselves from criminal aggression when the government will not.

Link to full paper:
https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/p...?abstract_id=3712308

Music is mediator between spiritual and sensual life. ~ Ludwig van Beethoven

Posts: 2853 | Location: NE Ohio  | Registered: April 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like SFPD made an arrest of the guy who knocked-out the two front teeth of the Team Save America leader.

A white guy, covered in a balaclava, arguing against facism, knocks-out the teeth of a black man, who's arguing for free speech....can't make this shit up

San Francisco Police Make Arrest in UN Plaza Assault 20-118
quote:

On Saturday, October 17, 2020, at approximately 12:20 PM, San Francisco Police officers responded to the area of Leavenworth and McAllister Streets for a report of an aggravated assault. Officers met with a 25-year-old male victim who identified himself as the victim of the assault. The victim told officers he was participating in a free speech rally at UN Plaza when he was punched in the face by an unknown suspect. The assault caused the victim to lose two teeth. The SFPD Night Investigations Unit and Special Investigations Unit led the investigation.

Investigators developed information that led to the identity of the suspect in the assault. The suspect was identified as 35-year-old Adora Anderson of Watsonville. On Sunday, October 18, 2020, at approximately 2:53 PM, Adora Anderson was taken into custody by San Francisco Police officers in Oakland, CA. Adora Anderson was transported to San Francisco County Jail where he was booked on charges of mayhem (203 PC) and a hate crime enhancement (422.75(a) PC).

While an arrest has been made, this remains an open investigation. Anyone with information is asked to call the SFPD 24 Hour Tip Line at 1-415-575-4444 or Text a Tip to TIP411 and begin your text message with SFPD. You may remain anonymous.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Fascist Antifa

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Looks like SFPD made an arrest of the guy who knocked-out the two front teeth of the Team Save America leader.

A white guy, covered in a balaclava, arguing against facism, knocks-out the teeth of a black man, who's arguing for free speech....can't make this shit up

With a hate-crime enhancement. That's gonna leave a mark.

I philosophically oppose hate-crime type of laws, but in this case it warms me with schadenfreude.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8219 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
AntiFA is perfectly named: Anti First Amendment. They are against free speech, open and honest media, exercise of religion, and all things traditional and conservative.

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:

Amazing article. Thank you.

So, the rich who want to destroy this country are able to do so with tax breaks....

Great Roll Eyes

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
quote:

Amazing article. Thank you.

So, the rich who want to destroy this country are able to do so with tax breaks....

Great Roll Eyes

The various funds that support such activity, is a reminder of the wealthy, white collar ideologues from another era such as Sargent Shriver, John Lindsay, and Ted Kennedy. Main difference is, rather then being in government, they instead control large wealth funds and trusts, thus directing recipients and legitimizing positions.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
The various funds that support such activity, is a reminder of the wealthy, white collar ideologues from another era such as Sargent Shriver, John Lindsay, and Ted Kennedy.

Seems like a ripe moment to undo some tax code breaks for super wealthy as well as disclosure requirements for charitable organizations... All of them....

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got to participate in an afternoon of Sheriff Office joint LEO 'crowd control' exercises, in my volunteer role for my local Sheriff's office.

There were about 20+ of us role players - non-violent protestors. SO had a few officers role play violent protestors; they got hit with pepper ball munitions and simunitions in a seperate shooter event.

This was at their nice new training facility - very nice indeed.

We got to yell at the officers in training - was kinda fun, but even in a role play my heart just was not in it. We did have a scenario where they blue line interjected itself between Antifa and 2020 Trump protestors. Young people on the Antifa side and old folks on the Trump 2020 side. Ok, there I did enjoy yelling at Antifa role players.

This is also where the shooter event happened - of course on the Trump side. Took the first group 5 secs to realize / id / responds to the shooter. A tad long in the post action debrief we got to listen to.

There was some discussion as to what the 'crowd' would do - scatter seemed the general opinion (they had us Trump 2020'ers simulate and orderly scatter for the 2nd group training).

One officer in the debrief seemed to believe the group would not scatter as they are used to gun fire (noise of the type) as this is part of Portland riots all the time, so they are 'used' to it.

I would probably go to ground if I heard gun fire. In '87' on a busy street in West Berlin, I noticed a guy run past me, and the noticed a person (looked like undercover Police) chasing him with gun drawn - not waving or out in the complete open - but drawn nevertheless (I knelt down to present a smaller target until they were 100 meters away - as other people just kept walking). Weird experience.

I did get hit with a 20 off foot ricochet of a simunition in one of the 2 live shooter scenario events. I heard the round hit the plexi-glass next to me and then hit my arm (long sleeve shirt so I was prepared). No pain.

It was interesting to see them in live 'training' action - about as close as I'll be - unless they come to get my guns, or some other really bad event.

So, departments are training for Nov 3+.

I guess the training could be a bit more realistic, but I also understand the need to not have us volunteers injured with was 'the' primary safety rule governing the exercise.

I think we peaceful protestors could have been armed with empty plastic bottles and bean bags to throw at the officers as they maneuvered to at least give them a bit of exposure to having to maneuver under fire.

Anyway, it was fun and educational, and I was glad to help in another capacity, other than my emergency comms role.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by icom706:
Got to participate in an afternoon of Sheriff Office joint LEO 'crowd control' exercises, in my volunteer role for my local Sheriff's office.

This is also where the shooter event happened - of course on the Trump side. Took the first group 5 secs to realize / id / responds to the shooter..

Ummm, who was the bad guy, the Trump supporter, or one of the peaceful protestors?

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://hotair.com/archives/ja...ess-defund-pentagon/

Democratic Missouri congressional candidate Cori Bush said she wanted to “defund the Pentagon” in a Tuesday tweet.

“If you’re having a bad day, just think of all the social services we’re going to fund after we defund the Pentagon,” Bush wrote.

If you’re having a bad day, just think of all the social services we’re going to fund after we defund the Pentagon.

The post, which garnered over 37,000 likes from users, was retweeted by Democratic Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar.

xxxxxxxxxxx

While Cori Bush is a "candidate", she won the DEM primary in Missouri’s First District. It is so heavily tilted to the left that you could elect a ham sandwich to Congress if it had a “D” after its name.

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
So, under the democrats we could have no police and no military. No law and order domestically, no border protection and no military to protect us from foreign terrorists.

Who are they going to call to take away our guns...social workers?

Let's defund the democrats instead.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You won't have protection. Hitler had his brown shorts. Death squads are the historic answer

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by icom706:

This is also where the shooter event happened - of course on the Trump side. Took the first group 5 secs to realize / id / responds to the shooter..

Ummm, who was the bad guy, the Trump supporter, or one of the peaceful protestors?

Due to us pro-Trumpers being on the side best for the shooter scenario it was a righty - although we said - anarchist - like some of the radical anti-government types (usually commie leaning). An SO was role-playing the shooter from the Trump protest side. They nailed him with a hail of simunitions.

Again, just a training exercise so it really does not matter for training purposes. LEO will act appropriately regardless of the political orientation of the immediate threat.

The SO I volunteer for has a very pro-freedom Sheriff. He was one of the Oregon Sheriffs that led the fight against having to unmask us CHL folks when some local news rag tried to get and publish this information in Oregon a few years ago.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
somewhat OT, but it fits into the utter lawlessness going on in DEM cities

https://hotair.com/archives/jo...-strip-shelves-bare/

San Francisco: A String Of Drug Stores Close After Shoplifters Strip The Shelves Bare

This week the San Francisco Chronicle reported on the seventh Walgreens drug store to announce it is closing in the city since last year. The problem is a wave of shoplifting from retail locations that can add up to millions of dollars in lost merchandise:

The drugstore, which serves many older people who live in the Opera Plaza area, is the seventh Walgreens to close in the city since 2019.

“All of us knew it was coming. Whenever we go in there, they always have problems with shoplifters, ” said longtime customer Sebastian Luke, who lives a block away and is a frequent customer who has been posting photos of the thefts for months.

The Walgreens clerks can’t do anything about the theft because the company has a policy preventing them from interfering in shoplifting. Allegedly this is for their safety but I suspect it’s really because if they didn’t have this policy and anyone got hurt, they would be sued.

A theft of less than $950 is a misdemeanor in California and even if the shoplifters get arrested they would likely be back on the streets almost immediately.

Earlier this month California’s attorney general announced he had busted a major theft-ring in the Bay Area responsible for stealing $8 million worth of merchandise. Most of it had been shoplifted from a CVS drug store:

On September 30, during a search and arrest warrant operations in the San Francisco Bay Area, agents seized and recovered approximately $8 million of stolen merchandise from retailers across the San Francisco Bay Area including CVS, Target and Walgreens as well as $85,000 in cash from the suspects’ residences, a warehouse and storage facilities…

Trailer after trailer, bin after bin, sack after sack — stored on pallets, stacked floor to ceiling, two stories tall. It took a team of 30 people two days to catalog it, mostly merchandise from CVS, as part of ‘Operation Proof’ of Purchase, $8 million dollars worth in all…

“They pay those thieves approximately $1 or $2 an item. And then they sell it to an illicit wholesale operation,” said [CVS crime expert Ben] Dugan.

The stolen goods eventually find their way to Ebay, Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace and Amazon, where they are sold at a steep discount.

xxxxxxxxxx

can you imagine living in a neighborhood like this ?

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I wonder if those policies and that $950 cutoff apply if they swarm the back of a pharmacy and run off with drugs popular on the party scene.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
So Wife and I drove cross-country last year(before she was preggo), and we stopped in Springfield, Ohio for one night. We wanted to indulge in a couple cocktails in our hotel room, so we mosied on over to the nearest grocer with a liquor section. In Springfield, lovely hamlet that it is, liquor sections of the grocery store are a single large room with one entrance/exit, with an armed city COP watching. No more than a small number of people are allowed in the area at a time, and in order for one person to be allowed in, one person must exit the room, and this is strictly enforced. Doesn't matter if you are with your wife, you both can go in if two people checkout. Also, ALL of the bottles were fitted with RFID tags which they remove upon purchase.

I'm not going to say any more about the demographics in Springfield Ohio, because none of this is about race.

When your populace is dominated by lawless animals, everyone is reduced to being treated like a lawless animal. In my case I was an armed lawless animal, and very grateful to be such.

Committing crime doesn't hurt enough, in my opinion. /captainobvious

Posts: 5143 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post