SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
Here is Newt calling it like it is....then he is shut down "We don't have to bring up George Soros"....WTF? It is documented that he spent millions getting progressive DAs elected but we can't mention his name?
I don't see it exactly as him being shut down. Notice that both he and Faulkner stopped speaking. I think for both him and Faulkner to just stop speaking was very effective at highlighting Harf's bullshit. Think about it.

Gingrich using the word "verboten" was quite appropriate and Harf knew what he meant by using the German term.

Good point....and that last jab was good as well

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Here is the propaganda piece that Tim's referring to:

*please done click on the article's link - don't give WW any traffic.

quote:
Portland Protesters Say Their Lives Were Upended by the Posting of Their Mug Shots on a Conservative Twitter Account

What Andy Ngo is doing is legal. The mug shots are public records. And Ngo told WW that it is his “duty” to report on protesters who have been arrested
On Aug. 7, Black activist Ragina Gray was tackled by Portland police at a protest and charged with disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, and interfering with an officer.

That same day, conservative Portland activist Andy Ngo shared Gray's name and mug shot on Twitter. notice that this antifa supporter is calling Andy an "activist" and not journalist

"Gray, 30, is charged with interfering with an officer, resisting arrest and more," Ngo wrote on Twitter. "She was arrested at the violent antifa protest in Portland and quickly bailed out. Gray is frequently photographed with kids at protests and rants about white terrorism." The photo was retweeted by 475 people.

Twelve nights later, on Aug. 19, a man showed up on the doorstep of Gray's mother's eastside home. "He was sweaty and nervous looking, and he asked for Ragina by name," says Lucinda Fisher, Gray's mom. "He mentioned [Gray's] son, and I noticed he had a gun in his hand." Fisher slammed the door and called the police. like this even happened

Gray's children, 9 and 4, whom she brought to protests with her prior to her arrest, fear for her life.

"They're scared that someone's going to kill me," Gray says. "My first instinct is to say, 'No, that's not going to happen.' But there's a huge risk."

Gray has no direct evidence that Ngo's robust social media presence is the reason an armed man arrived at her mom's house.

Ngo's prominence has been catapulted by Portland's protests. He is editor-at-large at a Canadian conservative website called The Post Millennial and is also a regular guest on Fox News. Last year, he was assaulted at a Portland anti-fascist march, where masked assailants punched and kicked him in the head.

Ngo has more than 700,000 followers on Twitter, many of whom share the belief that Portland protesters are a threat to national security.

But Gray believes Ngo and his followers are watching her. And she is not the only one. WW has spoken with two others who have been arrested at Portland protests and had their names and mug shots tweeted by Ngo, and claim their lives have since been disrupted.

"We've been lying low, and to be honest, we've been staying at home with the blinds closed," says Phillip Wenzel, whose mug shot was shared by Ngo on Aug. 15. "I can get over Twitter trolls, but what gives me the most pause is the 1% of them that have genuine threats."

Critics call Ngo's posts "doxxing," or posting personal information about people to make their lives unpleasant.

But what Ngo is doing is legal. The mug shots are public records. The arrests happened. And Ngo told WW that it is his "duty" to report on protesters who have been arrested, "given the risk that violence and riots present to the public."

Ngo wrote WW via email: "I believe my duty as a journalist includes informing the public about individuals who are believed by criminal authorities to be sufficiently dangerous to the public that they meet the standard for arrest."

Andy Ngo in 2017. (Thomas Teal)Andy Ngo in 2017. (Thomas Teal)
Portland couple Erin and Phillip Wenzel started their evening Friday, Aug. 14, as they have more than 10 times before that.

They donned their protest outfits: full gas respirators, masks, bike helmets, and a bulletproof vest for Philip, who had been in the front of protests as part of the drum line. Erin, a medic toting a first aid kit, usually settled in a few rows behind the line of drummers.

That night, Phillip was arrested when the two of them were sandwiched between two lines of officers during a smoke-filled, chaotic confrontation captured on video that shows several protesters cowering under yellow shields as cops push them to the ground.

A video of Wenzel's interaction with police shows him shielding his face on the ground as a half-dozen cops tackle him. He was arrested, charged with assaulting a police officer, resisting arrest, interfering with police, and disorderly conduct, and released the next day.

The next morning, Ngo posted his mug shot on his Twitter account, writing that Wenzel was "arrested at the violent #antifa protest."

Ngo also posted a biography of Wenzel from the law firm where he works as a paralegal. In Twitter responses on the thread, users added threatening comments and more personal information about the Wenzels, including the names and ages of members of his extended family.

One comment read, "I'm writing a letter to his employer right now." Another wrote, "Divorce and custody court paralegal scumbag who isn't even smart enough to be an attorney. Lol."

The Wenzels quickly deactivated all their social media accounts: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook.

The next day, Phillip Wenzel received a voicemail threat on his cellphone from somebody named John in Michigan, who said, "I'll have you know I'm 7 foot and 280 pounds."

The Wenzels alerted their employers. On Aug. 18, three days after Ngo posted the mug shot, Phillip Wenzel's boss at Elizabeth Christy Law Firm sent him a letter that the firm had received 50 threatening or harassing communications since his arrest.

"Because you have chosen to engage in activism that has resulted in violence, physical injuries, and negative publicity for [the law firm], there is now a major distraction from the business we are doing, a threat to my ability to gain new business, and a threat to our employees' safety," Christy wrote in an email provided to WW.

Three employees, after learning of the firm's response to Wenzel's arrest, announced their resignation in support of him on Sept. 10, in a letter shared with WW. The firm told Wenzel in a Sept. 11 letter that he would be laid off effective Sept. 16, citing a loss of work leading to a reduction in staff. Elizabeth Christy, managing attorney at the firm, told WW in an email that the layoff had nothing to do with Wenzel's protesting.

Both Wenzels say they now suffer from anxiety. Wenzel shaved his beard to change his appearance and now wears a hat when he walks his dog.

April Epperson, who works at a Northeast Portland public school, is another protester who was arrested for disorderly conduct and interfering with a peace officer on Aug. 24 and was greeted that same day by a Ngo tweet sharing her mug shot and Facebook profile picture with part of the caption reading, "Like others recently arrest[ed], she works with children at an elementary school." Several commenters on the subsequent Twitter thread shared the name of the school.

On Aug. 29, an email arrived in her school inbox: Attached were her Facebook profile photo and a picture of a toad in a dress with a caption reading, "So fucking badass with your face covered? We can't wait to come to your employer and do the exact same fucking thing you do to cops!"

Epperson alerted the school about the email. That weekend, the school canceled a laptop distribution event scheduled the following Monday, Aug. 31. A school text blast sent to families read, "We are pausing [device distribution] for tomorrow. We will resume as soon as possible and alert you when that is. As a reminder, school grounds, including the playground, are closed."

Although the school did not explain its decision, Epperson believes the laptop distribution was postponed because of threats. (Portland Public Schools didn't respond to WW's request for comment.) Still, the messages continued. "The school started getting a bunch of phone calls and emails," Epperson says. "People emailed [some staff members] my mug shot and told them I was arrested."

One email, sent Sept. 1 from a secure email address using the name "Jennifer Hartless" and shared with WW, includes a screenshot of Ngo's tweet of Epperson's mug shot. The photo is captioned, "This type of behavior seems a little unbecoming for a school teacher. Are standards any higher than this?"

Tim Gleason, professor of journalism at the University of Oregon, says Ngo's posts of mug shots are dangerous because of his targeted audience.

"There's some legitimacy to a claim of informing the public. But we have a pattern with this individual that his interest is in provoking violent reactions and doxxing," says Gleason. "It's a particular subset of conservative Twitter, and he knows that's who he's talking to."

In his response to questions from WW, Ngo contends he is taking on violent criminals that other journalists are afraid to confront.

"If you feel that transparency and public right to know should be outweighed by arrestee rights to privacy, this is a complaint for the Legislature, not for journalists reporting in compliance with state and federal law," he said. "A better question would be, 'Why do some journalists feel compelled to hide the identities of suspected criminals from the public?' Another would be, 'Whose interests does the suppression of criminal arrest data serve?'"

Ragina Gray continues to attend protests, despite threatening messages she receives on Instagram and Twitter. She says she deletes them as soon as she gets them, but says "people are calling me a terrorist, calling me a n—–." And the messengers, she says, are "Mostly white men. All white men." she must be highly gifted...able to discern ethnicity by just reading text

Tweet

About Sophie Peel
Sophie Peel is a Portland native who earned a Journalism degree from Mercer University in Macon, Georgia in 2018. She was a Couric Fellow with National Public Radio in Georgia reporting on education, politics and poverty. She returned to Portland in the fall. Her hobbies include cooking, skiing, grocery shopping at overpriced stores and reading.

https://www.wweek.com/news/202...ive-twitter-account/

Thank you....made me smile

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Do we think the upcoming cold weather in many parts of the nation will slow things?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25423 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, the commies can just light more of other people's stuff on fire to keep warm.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Perry:
What exactly was this man arrested for? You can't hold a gun inside your own home now?
Milwaukee man mobbed by BLM activists—arrested for trying to defend his home

I've been monitoring the websites of all four local Milwaukee TV stations since this morning and there is absolutely nothing on this story.

If something like this HAD happened, the local media would have been all over it and CNN and MSNBC would be interviewing every frightened and offended peaceful protester they could find.

My brother lives in Milwaukee and found the press release from MPD. The guy was arrested for endangering public safety with a weapon while under the influence of intoxicants, and bail jumping. The press release claims there's video footage of him chambering a round, and pointing the gun at the crowd. A couple days before, officers arrested him for allegedly threatening his neighbor with a chainsaw.

I looked up the address, found a guy named Pete (they were calling him "Pistol Pete"), and checked online public access court records. Pete has open felony charges for resisting/obstructing while armed a few months ago, and an ancient felony conviction for failure to pay child support. So he may be previously or currently prohibited from possessing firearms.

Not that I necessarily agree with being a prohibited person for failure to pay child support 30 years ago, or if that affects any of this, but it all muddies the waters a bit.

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watch "Black Guy Shouting White Lives Matter" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/P39xN5bXTW0

I don't know were to put this, but I think that this is the best place.

This black guy gets so libtards really riled up.

At the end they run up on him, and get a surprise....LoL

ARman

Posts: 3153 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Okay, my friend, that was AWESOME Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?...TW0&feature=youtu.be

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Buy that man an ice cold beverage!

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
'We don't fuckin' play on this channel'.... Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
'We don't fuckin' play on this channel'.... Cool

"Libtards! Libtards!" Big Grin

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
That is about as dumb as anything else I have seen throughout this non-sense. Idiot running his mouth while people and some with children out trying to enjoy themselves.
Those of you that think this is cool or ok need to reset yourself. This helps nothing and is just plain dumb. What a jack ass. I could only take about 20 seconds of it.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19188 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Say “I apologize to the Black queen!” Black Panther group filmed terrorizing small businesses in VA

https://www.naturalnews.com/20...mall-businesses.html

Several videos. This is getting more and more like the Brownshirt's of Germany in the 30s.

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?...TW0&feature=youtu.be

That was Burlingame Ave in Burlingame, CA

And, that guy is a clown. A loud mouth, douchebag. Fun to see the libs get worked-up but...still a clown move.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Say “I apologize to the Black queen!” Black Panther group filmed terrorizing small businesses in VA

https://www.naturalnews.com/20...mall-businesses.html

Several videos. This is getting more and more like the Brownshirt's of Germany in the 30s.

Yep, defunding the police and having the community police itself is going to work out just wonderfully. Roll Eyes

That guy needs the kicked out of him. He’s a bully of epic proportions.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
That guy seems confused about where he is, this is America. We don't have queens or kings here. We have citizens, Americans, people....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37960 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
That was Burlingame Ave in Burlingame, CA

And, that guy is a clown. A loud mouth, douchebag. Fun to see the libs get worked-up but...still a clown move.

And I say the complete opposite. Fuck those people sitting on Burlingame Ave. These are the same leftist assholes ruining CA, wealthy, smug commie Democrats who would love to see my kind disappear in a heartbeat. Working at Google, Facefuck, Twatter, and the rest. Their schools teaching about how awesome BLM is for America, and how Trump is a dictator.

If the situation was changed to a white girl yelling about black lives matter, they would be cheering, fist bumps all around. The subject of the video clip is perhaps the only rational person there.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Yep, the irony is lost on many. Black man has to pull a gun to protect himself from white BLM supporters for voicing his opinion.

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.wsj.com/articles/b...683?mod=hp_lead_pos7

Barr Tells Prosecutors to Consider Charging Violent Protesters With Sedition

Attorney General William Barr told the nation’s federal prosecutors to be aggressive when charging violent demonstrators with crimes, including potentially prosecuting them for plotting to overthrow the U.S. government, people familiar with the conversation said.

In a conference call with U.S. attorneys across the country last week, Mr. Barr warned that sometimes violent demonstrations across the U.S. could worsen as the November presidential election approaches. He encouraged the prosecutors to seek a number federal charges, including under a rarely used sedition law, even when state charges could apply, the people said.

The call underscores the priority Mr. Barr has given to prosecuting crimes connected to violence during months of protests against racial injustice, leading to major property damage, as President Trump has made a broader crackdown on the violence and property destruction a key campaign issue. U.S. attorneys have broad discretion in what charges they bring.

In more recent months, police officials say they are alarmed by the presence of armed fringe groups from both sides of the political spectrum. Mr. Barr has blamed much of the violence on leftist extremists including antifa, a loose network of groups and people that describe themselves as opposing fascism and which Mr. Barr has described as a movement advocating revolution.

In the call last week, Mr. Barr urged prosecutors to seek federal charges whenever possible, two of the people said. He listed a number of additional statutes they could potentially use, including one addressing conspiracies or plots to overthrow the government. Legal experts say the rarely used statute could be difficult to prove in court.

To bring a sedition case, prosecutors would have to prove there was a conspiracy to attack government agents or officials that posed an imminent danger, legal experts said. They added that there is a fine line between the expression of antigovernment sentiment, which could be protected speech under the First Amendment even if it included discussions of violence, and a plot that presented an imminent danger and could justify a charge of sedition.

Officials have also discussed using a statute that allows prosecutors to bring a federal case against someone who impedes or obstructs a law-enforcement officer responding to unrest, which experts said is also infrequently applied. That could potentially allow them to bring charges before an act of violence occurs, but hasn’t been tested much in the courts, leaving gray areas as to what behavior could be characterized as obstruction.

Federal prosecutors in June brought that charge against three people accused of throwing Molotov cocktails at New York City police vehicles during protests. They have pleaded not guilty.

Experts have said antifa has no central leadership structure or formal membership and is instead a dispersed network that coordinates antiracist activism on an ad hoc basis. But Mr. Barr has said he views it as more organized.

“No question, antifa is a movement,” Mr. Barr said in an NBC News interview this month. “They have websites. They are organized.…Anyone who has spent a moment at these things and heard their chants and what they’re calling for can see right away that they are, they say they are, revolutionaries, that this is a revolution.”

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
Watch "Black Guy Shouting White Lives Matter" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/P39xN5bXTW0

I don't know were to put this, but I think that this is the best place.

This black guy gets so libtards really riled up.

At the end they run up on him, and get a surprise....LoL

ARman

I keep missing it. Could you point out the time period into the video for me, please?

The surprise. It's the very end. A group of two or three run up on him, there is a bunch more. A "chinese" guy gets really close and he pulls out a pistol (you don't see it). "Chinese guy" puts on the breaks so hard, you can almost see smoke roll off his shoes.

Yeah, he might be a pain in the ass. But like said before, these are the same people that is doing it on the other side, or giveing support for the BLM antifa assholes.

It's time our side, gets in their faces when they are out enjoying a meal, or whatever. It's time we turn the cancel culture back on them.

The other side is a bunch of pussies, that has never been met with opposition, and fold when they do get true pushback.

Doxx the hell out of them. Scare them. Make them see the bogie man under every bush and around every corner.

ARman

Posts: 3153 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post