SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    HD announces new Street Fighter - The Bronx
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HD announces new Street Fighter - The Bronx Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
HD Bronx

Introducing the Harley-Davidson® Bronx™. Unapologetic attitude with the performance necessary to back it up. Torque, handling, and technology in a modern package. Middleweight has a new meaning.

Pictures at link.

Interesting direction prototype

Posts: 24238 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Good looking bike but, looks small.

Posts: 5538 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Be nice to see the actual specs. And to Harley, what is a middleweight?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16381 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Looks water cooled. I wonder if that is an evolution of the V-Rod motor.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12920 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I like where this is headed, and hopefully experience with and feedback from the Pan America and the Bronx feed development of both bikes (lighter! more reliable! better handling!). It still makes me nervous, though, when Harley dips back into the street fighter layout and says nothing about weight.

Posts: 27302 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I kind of like it....kind of reminds me of a Buell?

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Be nice to see the actual specs. And to Harley, what is a middleweight?

Sure that will come out, it's a prototype and just the first indication of whats coming from HD in that direction.

Posts: 24238 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Oh, I like the looks of that a lot. And I normally apologetically hate anything Harley Davidson touches. I'll reserve judgement until I see the specs, but that is a great looking bike.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3574 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
looks similar to a buell...

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8673 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Looks aimed right at the Indian FTR1200.

Not a bad looking bike.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15981 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Named after the one place in America you don't want to drive a motorcycle. Wink

Posts: 21345 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
It’s a decade late, but better than never.

Posts: 10040 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
It’s a decade late, but better than never.

So late that I'm sure I'm not the only one who was wondering what a Home Depot Street Fighter was before clicking...

Sad watching the slow death of a company with such heritage but it's almost 100% self inflicted.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It’s a step in the right direction. Sadly the HD is absolutely outclassed and outperformed by Ducati’s street fighter. The Italian machine is probably going to be a bit more expensive and benefits from Ducati’s expertise in building modern high performance motorcycle engines....which is something HD seems incapable of or uninterested in seriously attempting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21221 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oldrider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
It’s a step in the right direction. Sadly the HD is absolutely outclassed and outperformed by Ducati’s street fighter. The Italian machine is probably going to be a bit more expensive and benefits from Ducati’s expertise in building modern high performance motorcycle engines....which is something HD seems incapable of or uninterested in seriously attempting.

You are 100% correct. In order to build a motorcycle that appeals to a given market you must know that market and what they expect. Ducati has decades of experience in that. Harley as a company does not. Present management does not understand motorcycles period. They're throwing money at a particular segment while they themselves don't even understand the function of a kickstand.
I'm a Harley rider. I've modified and repaired my own and other's bikes. People I usually talk to are Harley riders for a fair amount of their lives. We think this offering from HD is a bad joke.

Posts: 360 | Location: Outinthesticks | Registered: October 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:

Also in agreement with you.
The Ducati just comes to mind when the word "Streetfighter" is mentioned. From the Monster lineup to the new bike.
I love my Low Rider and I've done work to it to get it where I like it.
I've also owned sport bikes and other cruisers at one time. This particular HD does nothing for me.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one that thought this was a joke post that Capcom was coming up with an HD release of Street Fighter - The Bronx? Big Grin

Posts: 4426 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
HD was smart to name it Bronx and not just “Street Fighter” or something like that. When the top competitor in the Street Fighter/Naked bike category is all motor (quite literally) and over 200 hp it’s probably best to down play the street fighter aspect of the bike. Eek

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21221 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Am I the only one that thought this was a joke post that Capcom was coming up with an HD release of Street Fighter - The Bronx? Big Grin

No you aren’t, that’s where my mind went first. HD sat on its thumbs while the cafe and fighter craze took off. I’m not even sure if they are the cool thing anymore.

Posts: 10040 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
I kind of like it....kind of reminds me of a Buell?

Yep was my first thought. Day late and a dollar short.

Posts: 4445 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post