SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    HD announces new Street Fighter - The Bronx
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HD announces new Street Fighter - The Bronx Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Am I the only one that thought this was a joke post that Capcom was coming up with an HD release of Street Fighter - The Bronx? Big Grin

Another example of just how weak and meaningless the Harley brand is these days.

Unless you are a male over the age of 50, Harley is literally meaningless to you.

That's the demo they cater to and invested in and now that the boomers are starting to die off, they are scrambling to try to reach a younger audience to survive but the brand is so tainted.

Its like Buick and Cadillac. It is almost impossible to shake the stigma of being the old white person's brand after decades of catering to that segment.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
It looks like it’s pointed at the “adventure bike” market.

quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
Unless you are a male over the age of 50, Harley is literally meaningless to you.

“Literally?,” I suppose, although my son-in-law is way under 50 and is on his third or fourth H-D just since marrying our daughter. He’s a serious distance rider (Iron Butt) who rode to the Dragon’s Tail in NC from Colorado this summer. His Road King has been flawless. I know that’s anecdotal, but it has as much validity as Scurvy’s blanket statement.

Posts: 13565 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
It looks like it’s pointed at the “adventure bike” market.

quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:

“Literally?,” I suppose, although my son-in-law is way under 50 and is on his third or fourth H-D just since marrying our daughter. He’s a serious distance rider (Iron Butt) who rode to the Dragon’s Tail in NC from Colorado this summer. His Road King has been flawless. I know that’s anecdotal, but it has as much validity as Scurvy’s blanket statement.

Obviously there are outliers but yes, the vast vast vast majority of their customer base is aging out which is why they are in serious financial trouble and scrambling to try and attract a younger audience.

Just google Harley Davidson demographic customer and you'll find tons of article and not one anecdote of a young guy who like them.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
HD was smart to name it Bronx and not just “Street Fighter” or something like that. When the top competitor in the Street Fighter/Naked bike category is all motor (quite literally) and over 200 hp it’s probably best to down play the street fighter aspect of the bike. Eek
Agreed.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23659 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post