SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    DST ends at 2 AM tomorrow morning
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DST ends at 2 AM tomorrow morning Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
End of message – just a “heads up”.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8978 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Thanks but all my clocks change themselves now. No intervention required.

Posts: 3386 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vote for me a Supreme Director, I'll forever end the madness.

Also, anyone ever mentions it again, if caught has a choice of head being removed, or fed feet first into the woodchipper on the first offense. Second time around much worse punishment!

ARman

Posts: 3153 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reminder. No choice and some I must reset myself (which I usually do earlier in the day), so some of us appreciate not forgetting.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
It's not nice to fool Mother Nature.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30700 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Not for me this time. I’m going to forge ahead into the future and let the rest of you lag behind. Don’t worry; l’ll continue posting but I’ll be posting from the future.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19678 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I hate DST with a passion. I grew up in Detroit, MI before the state started to go DST. It's far enough north that even normal EST was dark when I was walking to school in the winter--DST just extends the period when that is true. (FWIW, Michigan is in the wrong Time Zone, based on its longitude--the whole state should be in Central time, not Eastern--DST just makes things worse.

I have some timekeepers that change automatically, some I have to do manually, and a few I just don't "spring forward" with.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
getting an extra hour 'added' to 2021 is like getting a bonus track on a Yoko Ono album....

Posts: 53203 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
getting an extra hour 'added' to 2021 is like getting a bonus track on a Yoko Ono album....
I needed a good laugh nh.. Big Grin. I may one day concur this clock in my Sienna van. Its been 4 minutes early sinse Spring. Really need to make it match my stupid smart phone.. Confused

Posts: 17903 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

Ha!!!! Nice.

Posts: 4064 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
DST is problem for my former employer--they do change the computer clocks during DST. It's not much of a problem in the spring, when the clocks are changed to jump forward an hour, but the "fall back" requires special treatment, because it would typically result in multiple documents being time-stamped with the same time (the hour between 0100 and 0200 would be repeated) and that could have dire results. A special program was written that would run the computer clock slower during 0000 and 0200 to put it back in sync with reality. That way every file got a unique time-stamp and order was maintained.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Nice. Van clock is within 20 seconds of my phone. Seppin its a hour behind. Thanks for the reminder.

Posts: 17903 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I hate the "change back." Now the dog will want to go out at 4:15 am... I'm tired of getting up with her at 5:15, so now we get to do it an hour earlier. Ugh.

If only I could teach her to tell time....

God bless America.

Posts: 13507 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Just reset 8 clocks (3 alarm, 3 appliance, 2 decorative). Roll Eyes

2 more will reset themselves as will 2 computers and my cellphone.

I switch wristwatches tomorrow and set it accordingly.

This whole business is insane and has been for decades! Eek

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16231 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Kitchen clocks adjusted & antique cuckoo stopped for an hour (not sure if it can be run backwards & don't intend to find out)

2 wall clocks & watches left to set. Luckily my Citizen (bought from Dave, of course) just takes a button press to switch off/on DST.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15346 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Kitchen clocks adjusted & antique cuckoo stopped for an hour (not sure if it can be run backwards & don't intend to find out)

Can't be said enough. Been asked to 'fix' some that have been cranked backwards. Umm... No.

At least they can't tear up the VFD and Nixie tube clocks that I have sold over the years, but I still get calls about them twice a year.

I don't like Daylight Wasting Time either.

Posts: 9159 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Is it time to get up yet?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30700 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Prepare to groan in 3, 2, 1...

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23288 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
DST... WTF!
-Arizona

Posts: 4032 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I'm confused! Roll Eyes It seems that some of you complain of DST beginning and then turn around and complain because it is ending.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2091 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post