SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Just played the Siriusxm game.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just played the Siriusxm game. Login/Join 
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted
This year I used the online chat option.

It took a little while but I reduced my price from $262 yearly to less than $8 a month.

It’s worth taking the time to reduce your billing.

I wish I didn’t have to do this every year but it is what it is…

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3485 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
After hearing a bunch of these stories, when my 1 year free trial expired I just refused to sign up for any more. I discovered very quickly that I didn't miss it a bit.

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Holy smokes. Just now?

I'm not trying to make you feel bad but I was paying them $6.06 a month for over two years. Before that, I would simply cancel then wait for the email offers. I quit them Dec 2021 as I'm not on the road a lot anymore. It was great when we were going cross-country driving.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19669 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the only thing i pay for on sirius is traffic...under $50/year.

Posts: 2216 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Daughter had it for a few years at a very low price ... especially since she was driving 600 miles round trip through long areas of limited radio stations to see us every few months.

Was worth it to her then, but not now since she is living with us working remotely and renting out her house.

Now she is on a Spotify group plan with her friends ...

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Yes, I do this game annually. Dumb, but from their angle it is setup to auto renew so they hope people will just pay it.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
SiriusXM is still a thing?

Spotify all the way for me; high quality digital sound not that hollow tinny stuff.

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First rule is, never give them your credit card info. I go through the dog and pony show every year and always insist on an invoice, that I pay by check.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I used to like it, but since streaming and giant storage space on phones, I haven't wanted Sirius.

I think I was paying $5 a month last time I had it.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads-up PR64, I just called and got them to drop from $37.61 to $14.54 (for my and my daughter's car). I'm on the road a lot and enjoy the different stations, even the PGA Tour that covers all the tournaments, shot by shot. I especially like that they came out with the app a while back, so I can listen anywhere and use my Bluetooth speakers.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1312 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
I do the same annual dance with them.

I listen to SiriusXM via my computer all day at work. I enjoy the SEC, ACC, and MLB stations and catching an occasional Cubs game. Then there's the old time radio shows and the 40s channel. Good stuff.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
SiriusXM is still a thing?

Spotify all the way for me; high quality digital sound not that hollow tinny stuff.

Sirius isn't hollow and tinny through my system.

I keep it because I like music on for most of my waking hours.

I get up, get dressed, go in the living room and turn the music on, turn on the coffee pot, take the dog out to the patio to eat and turn on the music out there. I've never turned a car radio off in all the years I've owned one.

They all remain on until nighttime.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
I just received an offer from them: $99 for 3 years. I am putting a new stereo in my motorhome and then I will take that offer.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2840 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:
I just received an offer from them: $99 for 3 years. I am putting a new stereo in my motorhome and then I will take that offer.

I’d be all over that.

I just renewed in May. It was easy. I called and said I want the lowest price you can give me or I cancel.
Listened to some good music/ads for a few minutes she came back and said $7.99 a month including taxes and fees.
Well worth it. I listen to the Gus Lloyd show on the Catholic Channel each morning.
Then switch around the channels a bit.
Worth every bit for me at that rate.
Especially since I have it in the truck and the app. If it were just in the truck not so much.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25427 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I've had XM since 08 and have never paid over $6 a month. EZ - just say you want to cancel because you don't use it enough.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
IHEARTRadio is free, set up your own music channels.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
easy money
posted Hide Post
Hello!

I just did this myself on Monday. My price went from $17 a month to $7.

Jim

That which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger

Posts: 576 | Location: United States | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:

I've gotten that offer on 2 vehicles now. Seems to be on vehicles that are 10 years or older.

Posts: 1802 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reminder about this. They dropped my monthly plan from $23 to $9. Will have to set myself a calendar reminder to do it all over again in a year.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
The variance in negotiated rates is interesting.

I quit Sirius/xm for keeps several years ago when they kept trying to bill us for service to a car we had sold, despite repeated requests to cancel.

Posts: 26912 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post