SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Simple things that bring happiness
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Simple things that bring happiness Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Thinking about my husband as my knight, fireman, cowboy.

A coffeemaker with a timer brewing fresh coffee before we get up.

A random call or text from the kids

Posts: 266 | Registered: June 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
A smooth landing. Smile

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A beautiful So. Az. sunset!!

Posts: 6622 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
A morning glory, a passionflower, first sip of beer, heated seats, tea.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Waking up after a long night of bourbon sampling with no hangover !!! Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The first crisp fall days after being cooked for all summer in Texas.

Posts: 3596 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
The smell of fresh cut grass.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The smell of my roses and orchids.

Nice, leisurely cup of coffee on the weekend morns.

70 pound golden doodle across my legs on his back, mouthing one of his favorite squeak toys and begging my participation in the fun.

Posts: 818 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are so many great ones here, but I have to endorse puppy head smell.

Posts: 117 | Registered: March 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
An awesome song on the radio or a glass of sweet tea.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pizza.

Two things bring me to tears. The unconditional Love of God,the service of the United States Military,past,present,and future.

I would rather meet
a slick-sleeve private,
than a hollywood star!

Posts: 2339 | Registered: February 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
Not owing anyone money for decades.

Okay. So this is one I can agree with.

quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
A gas burning tool that fires up on the first pull!

Wait... What... What is this unknown object that you speak of? Confused

Posts: 9156 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
"I love you" whispered into your ear for no particular reason at all. Just because she does.

Posts: 20108 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have some health problems... So just waking up to another day is enough for me...and of course a puppy, which I will be getting Saturday morning...

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The smell of fresh cut grass.
The first cup of coffee in the morning.
Happy dogs greeting me at door.
Making my wife laugh.

Posts: 187 | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
Wife has witnessed our two cats running to the window next to the front door of the house when they hear me get home from work. Then, as I approach the front door, they bat each other in a skirmish to determine which one will be greeted first.

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
0400 in the city during and after a good-sized snowfall. Just sittin' and watchin'.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
For me one is spending time with your family and also close friends. Also a good meal.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Sitting on a dirt bank fishing for trout.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post