SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Unhappy with carry-on baggage fee? Beat gate agent. That's the Spirit.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unhappy with carry-on baggage fee? Beat gate agent. That's the Spirit. Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
And, in the city of sisterly love, too. Wigs flew, fists flew, shirt flew. Big Grin

https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...irport-baggage-fees/
Travel Rage: Wigs Fly in Fight at Philly Airport Over Baggage Fees

By Margaret Flavin
Published February 5, 2023 at 8:30am

Last week, a mother and daughter duo were not happy with the baggage fees Spirit Airlines levied on their trip from Philadelphia to Fort Lauderdale.

When told of the fees for their oversized bags, the two travelers attacked a gate agent as the flight was preparing to board. Fists and wigs flew and one women ended up shirtless in the melee.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1622145762267205633

The Daily Mail reports:

The shocking footage begins with the two travelers grabbing and clawing at gate agents in the entrance to the jetway as the Fort Lauderdale-bound flight prepares to board.

The younger woman tugs violently on a Spirit staffer’s dreadlocks while an airport worker in a high vis jacket slaps her over the back of the head and shouts ‘get off, get off.’

When the teen finally lets go, the furious agent aims several punches at her face – even while the girl is being restrained.

Several feet away her mom has lost her shirt and shoes in the scrap but she fights on in just her bra as a stunned bystander yells: ‘Where the f*** is security’.

At one stage a little boy, believed to be part of the same family, starts hitting a Spirit employee before running away in tears and sinking to his knees.

Just as the brawl appears to fizzle the mom makes a dash towards the counter and grabs a keyboard but is dragged away and punched in the head from behind by one of the Spirit agents.

Her wig is torn off before a uniformed official, either a cop or a security guard, finally shows up and the fighting ends, some two and a half minutes into the video.

A 24-year-old woman was left nursing a cut to her eye but nobody was seriously hurt, the Philly Police Department said in a statement.

Q

Posts: 26471 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
...shocking...
Not particularly

Posts: 107719 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
It's the reparation mentality run amok...not shocking at all

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
And I can't help but note that fights on planes and in airports by this particular demographic are increasing in frequency all the time.

What needs to happen is to place these people on the no fly list as they're clearly not able to interact with normal human beings.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
What needs to happen is to place these people on the no fly list as they're clearly not able to interact with normal human beings.

You're right, of course, but it'll never happen as that would be racist.

Posts: 20129 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
These incidents are becoming more frequent, especially in Atlanta.
There's a new entitlement mentality that's emboldened quite a few with no fear of repurcussions.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39770 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
A great example of the equity concept. Equality means everyone pays for oversized luggage. Equity means everyone except minorities.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
From the comments section: “Spirit Airlines is section 8 of the sky.” lol. It does trigger a thought that when airline travel was relatively expensive it was a far more civilized experience. Seems low budget types bring undesirable behaviors wherever they go. Does undesirable behavior bring poverty or does poverty bring undesirable behavior?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29723 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Cheap airlines are the light rails of the skies.

quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
From the comments section: “Spirit Airlines is section 8 of the sky.” lol. It does trigger a thought that when airline travel was relatively expensive it was a far more civilized experience. Seems low budget types bring undesirable behaviors wherever they go. Does undesirable behavior bring poverty or does poverty bring undesirable behavior?

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4337 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

In my experience poverty doesn't bring undesirable behavior. Undesirable behavior brings poverty.

Case in point. My High School was 2/3 minority. I was mostly in advanced classes but a couple of required classes had a mix of smart and average and way below average students.

In one of mine, a History Class, I was in the front seat of one of the rows. When it was test time the teacher would give me the test papers and I'd pass them back. At the end of the allotted time, they'd pass them back up to me and I'd hand the stack to the teacher.

Since the teacher picked up my row last, I'd look the tests over. All of the students behind me, all minority students, would put their name and date on the tests. Nothing more. Never an exception to that.

The next day we'd get our tests back and I'd take mine and hand the rest back. All the others where no attempt whatsoever had been made to answer the questions I'd see the grade was a D-

One day after everyone left I asked the teacher about that. He said that as long as they showed up he wasn't allowed to fail them, so they'd end up graduated from High School with no education whatsoever because they were too lazy to learn. Obviously nobody was going to hire uneducated kids, so undesirable behavior brought them what was probably a life of poverty and crime and drugs.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
And I can't help but note that fights on planes and in airports by this particular demographic are increasing in frequency all the time.
And in fast-food restaurants and shopping malls.

The Dominant "News" Media thinks they're promoting equality or equity (take your pick) by steadfastly refusing to note what is clearly true, but, as with all other aspects of the DNM, and the left, in general, they're fooling nobody but themselves.

The people know. Even the ones that refuse to admit it to themselves know. Someday they will decide enough is enough.

The only question remaining is how far will what we have left as a society have to fall before that happens?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Spirit has become the Waffle House of the sky

Shitty airline
Shitty experience
Shitty people

Posts: 33866 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Repugnance exemplified

Posts: 13819 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Spirit has become the Waffle House of the sky
Worse. At least Waffle House has bacon.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30719 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Airports have become the modern-day equivalent of a bus station.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16120 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I've noticed that the terminals of airports tend to group the lower priced airlines together and the higher priced together also.

And it's working.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Actual photo of Spirit Airlines cabin:

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30719 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Threat title was a clue. Headline told me everything I needed to know.

Posts: 17209 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
V-Tail that is a little too orderly and civilized to be Spirit.

Posts: 2780 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post