SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Unhappy with carry-on baggage fee? Beat gate agent. That's the Spirit.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unhappy with carry-on baggage fee? Beat gate agent. That's the Spirit. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Actual photo of Spirit Airlines cabin:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
No that is the Spirit Airbus plane.

Posts: 17263 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Savages are gonna savage.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15616 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:

V-Tail that is a little too orderly and civilized to be Spirit.
Business class cabin.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30716 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
From the comments section: “Spirit Airlines is section 8 of the sky.” lol. It does trigger a thought that when airline travel was relatively expensive it was a far more civilized experience. Seems low budget types bring undesirable behaviors wherever they go. Does undesirable behavior bring poverty or does poverty bring undesirable behavior?

Undesirable behavior isn't exclusive to those that are impoverished however, you're more likely to see it amongst the impoverished. Poor eduction and poor parenting are undeniable factors in how a person develops. What we're seeing is emotionally undeveloped people (due to poor parenting) unable to process real-world obstacles & difficulties, and they reacted in the only way they've been taught/observed...violence. Perhaps the gate agent said something that was snide or, dismissive nevertheless, this pair unable to conduct verbal judo (poor education), fell-back to throwing hands. It is remarkable to see adult-sized children, in full public-view, have emotional meltdowns that evolve into violent confrontations.

Posts: 14687 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These days far too many families are parented only by the woman. Without men in the picture, discipline is absent. And poverty is a choice, which is another was of saying behavior causes poverty.

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About 5 years ago, I needed to get from the Bay Area to Detroit for a 3 day weekend to meet family for the first time after we discovered them. Against my better judgement I took spirit only because the only alternative at the times I needed to travel were almost 3x in cost. I knew going in about the baggage limitations and fees for extra. I cruised in with a duffel bag of 3 days for clothes that fit their restraints and wasn’t charged extra. The seats had almost no padding and didn’t recline. I was stressed about the flight home all weekend. I think it would be fine for a 45 minute flight to vegas for a overnight party trip. I do not recommend for a flight of any significant length of time.

Posts: 4783 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Spirit flight over the western US.

Some guy clutches his chest and keels over. Flight Attendant rushes to him - looks like he is having a heart attack. She grabs the microphone and makes a PA : "We have have a passenger in distress. Is there a doctor onboard?"

Guy in back: "Ain't no doctors flying Spirit!"

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ Now, that's funny, because my brother flies nothing but Spirit.

Q

Posts: 26464 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Wait what?

This was actually a real genuine Spirit Airlines waiting area?

I thought it was an audition area for the Jerry Springer Show try outs!

Posts: 11860 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I've almost always flown Delta.

I've flown Spirit once, Southwest twice, and Frontier once. Each time something that you would expect to see at a corner bar happened either in the terminal or in flight.

Delta never had those problems until they started the cut rate fares, then all of a sudden they had the issues. Guess who it ALWAYS was?

Before anyone says it... yes, there were a few Delta flights where that "guy" or "gal" decided they were better than everyone else. However it was handled quietly and professionally.

I also flew United twice and American twice and didn't have an issue there either.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37996 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post