SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Saw my first hummingbird today!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saw my first hummingbird today! Login/Join 
Picture of tartan427
posted Hide Post
We have two hummingbird feeders in a Dogwood tree beside our deck. It is a rare day if we don't have multiple visits to both!

Posts: 678 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pa | Registered: January 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have them almost all year around here.

I was putting out a feeder that I'd cleaned and refilled. I stepped off the stool and bent to pick it up when I heard the unmistakable sound of a hummingbird on fast approach from one of the trees nearby. It went into hover mode about 6 feet away from me, then turned and started working down the liquid in the feeder. Always fun to watch.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Very scarce here this year. Had 1 or 2 once at our feeders and....nothing. Unfortunately a bird is building a nest in the potted Hibiscus next to my Bourbon drinking patio rocking chair.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7292 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post