SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Instant justice
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Instant justice Login/Join 
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
Two hearts fused as one. How touching.
Will they now need a double-wide coffin?

Posts: 528 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These types of stories get me all charged up! Eek

I’ve touched 480v before and it wasn’t fun. 24kv must be quite the ride.

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Ok, so what uses 24K volts? Is this going to a step down transformer for something.

A deep fried thief fryer.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I am shocked shocked ! that you guys would make jokes about this.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Maybe they wanted to be conductors.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16357 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
While listening to AC-DC?

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8107 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember several years ago reading about a similar instance. A fire department got a call about a burning electric poll. They got there and found a hatchet stuck in the poll and a body, still burning several feet away.

Posts: 7020 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well done, everyone!

Posts: 324 | Location: Columbus OH | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I am shocked shocked ! that you guys would make jokes about this.

Yeah, we've just lost the spark in this thread.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sock Eating Golden:
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
If they were my kids they’d be grounded...

I bet when they were shocked and said Ohm my God.

They didn't have thee capacitance to understand what they were doing. There should have been better security measures in place to impedance them from accessing that dangerous transformer.

Posts: 11389 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm LOLing at the replies! Big Grin

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Those are all painfully old. Don't you know any *current* puns?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Now look at what you started, everyone is amped up....

quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
That's one way of staying current and up to date.

I bet they were all amped up.

In hindsight, they wished they just stayed ohm.

These things come in cycles.

They must not have put up much resistance.

Posts: 3852 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
For some reason, this story reminded me of the hotdog cookers that cooked the dogs by simply running house current through them.

http://blog.kevmo314.com/presto-hotdogger.html

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8960 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post