SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do people really ask guests about Covid vaccination status for a Thanksgiving dinner get together?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do people really ask guests about Covid vaccination status for a Thanksgiving dinner get together? Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
We had thanksgiving last week, my in laws were here. They are in their 70s and both have had the jab…I didn’t ask and I wouldn’t refuse them either way.

Last year we went to my parents in NC and they had the jab and didn’t ask us if we had or not. My mom is terrified because she has other medical issues..and thinks this will kill her. (I told her she’s had a good life and stop worrying so much…she bopped me on the head with a wooden spoon)

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11269 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Nope. I couldn't give 2 shits.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of course we ask about vaccination. The next question after they pass through the metal detector is whether anyone has any STDs. We all want a safe and healthy holiday!

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
(I told her she’s had a good life and stop worrying so much…she bopped me on the head with a wooden spoon)

lol

I don't know your mother, but I like her style! Big Grin

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Well this was my MIL’s statement on her Evite that went out this week to all friends and family that usually come to their big Christmas party they put on around a week or two before Christmas on a Friday night. She’s Covid-recovered and will not get the vaccine and HATES masks:

quote:

The world has changed a bit since our last Christmas party , but we are planning to celebrate leaving ALL that behind. (with all kindness , we ask that if you are not comfortable with NO masks and NO discussions of medical controversy, that we see you next year ). The JOY of the LORD is our strength! Ps. Grown ups only as always Smile

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
People (family) have asked, I provided an answer. Covid status is not a hill I choose to die on. Life moves on.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Of course we ask about vaccination. The next question after they pass through the metal detector is whether anyone has any STDs. We all want a safe and healthy holiday!

Clearly you have wilder get-togethers than I do. Big Grin

Posts: 17110 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Since my wife and I hosted our annual Thanksgiving last year as usual, we don’t worry about vaccinations, If, however, you are hacking up a lung, stay home.

We haven’t had anyone ask us our status for any social gathering.

Posts: 1501 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
As much as I totally agree about telling the Cov-idiots to F off, even family members, I cant help thinking that this is one of the desired effects of this whole overblown WuFlu bullshit. That dividing the population along these various lines was so much more effective if it tore apart families as well. In general terms, family units provide an innate strength, a resiliency in bad times and are generally beneficial to have.

Just a theory.

Posts: 7249 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TV is advertising a do it yourself at home Covid swab test kit. Get the result in 15 minutes. Know before you go.

Anything to make money

Posts: 1401 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most of my family are a bit left of Mao, so I don't usually attend gatherings, anyway. Last year, though...

Everyone was required to wear a mask, and anyone who had not had the vaccine has to eat in a separate room.

I stayed home and played fetch with my cat. Had more fun than listening to them talk politics.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
One of my three stops/obligations this year asked and has strict requirements.

The other two didn't ask, but one of them is definitely full of vaccinated folks, maybe both.

No big deal. Had my shots a while back, by choice. Nothing to it all.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Regardless if it's a intentional aspect of this entire Covid mess or not my family and extended family are not going to allow this to divided us in any way. Some of us are vaccinated others are not. We have been getting together since the start of all this and will continue to do so. We all agree if you're not feeling well stay home.

Imo it has been a intentional aspect of this to erode the family core. Divide the family unit further by mask and unmasked, vaccinated and not vaccinated. We have determined from the start to not participate in this madness. It's sad to see so many here have allowed it to split their families apart.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:
TV is advertising a do it yourself at home Covid swab test kit. Get the result in 15 minutes. Know before you go.

Anything to make money
I used one of those last summer before going on a river cruise. Had to be a negative result.

I'll probably be eating alone this Thanksgiving. Not sure where.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Anyone coming to dinner at my in-laws knows better than to be a fuckhead.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Karen will absolutely ask. The rest of the civilized world is over the hysteria.

Posts: 1967 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
It's sad to see so many here have allowed it to split their families apart.

By definition, COVIDiots (members of the COVIDian religious sect) are irrational and can't be reasoned with, especially when it comes to any discussion involving facts, logic and actual science on the subject. As such, 'allowing it' to split the family apart isn't necessarily a choice you get to make! Wink

You don't get to pick & choose your relatives....And you definitely don't get a choice when it come to your inlaws. My wife's parents are devout kool-aid drinking leftists and we've been informed that if we don't get vaccinated we'll never see them again. Roll Eyes What's even more ridiculous about their stance is that my father-in-law is a retired research scientist, so clearly he should know better, but NOPE!

Unfortunately that means they'll NEVER see their grandson again either! We live 300 miles from them, and I'm OK with this arrangement...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
(I told her she’s had a good life and stop worrying so much…she bopped me on the head with a wooden spoon)

lol

I don't know your mother, but I like her style! Big Grin

Yeah there’s three of us and we’ve put some gray hair on her head for sure.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11269 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
We got asked by the son in laws parents after they invited us for Thanksgiving dinner. I politely told them if they thought they needed to ask that question, we would not be attending.

My wife and I will be having a quiet dinner at home.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6483 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post