SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do people really ask guests about Covid vaccination status for a Thanksgiving dinner get together?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do people really ask guests about Covid vaccination status for a Thanksgiving dinner get together? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Anyone who tolerates the treatment described in this thread is crazy. Why do you let others push you around like this? Real family doesn't behave this way. Avoid anyone who does.

Hell, put me in touch with them, and I will tell them to fuck off.

Big Grin I like your style.

I choose not to tell my SIL (who has some lung issues) to fuck off. I choose not to tell my older sister who has a very feeble and compromised husband to fuck off.

I’m disappointed by their ignorance, but I’m fine with just avoiding them. No need to burn the bridge, for me it is sufficient to leave them on the stupid side of the bridge and call that good. There’s an old saying to the effect that “Living well is the best revenge.” I’m good with that.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
So I think my Thanksgiving dinner will be coming from Papa Murphy's.

I will be having leftover steak as I don't want to drive to the next town over to get Papa Murphy's tonight, but I will have Papa Murphy's Friday.

Around here not too many folk care about mNRA serum injection status.

If anyone near NE Oregon SE Washington needs or wants a place to hang out I have the house to myself Thursday afternoon and Friday as I am not going to the Portland area to my oldest son's place due to a few factors (but he knows he is loved, and understands). I can provide coffee, water, whiskey, brandy, and maybe other libations.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I used to think it was just insane how much print and air time news orgs devoted to Thanksgiving table discussions, etiquette, recipes, prices, etc. I just couldn't imagine anyone needing or heeding such BS advice. But this new Covid BS is way beyond. My crazy aunt asked my sister if she was going to require masks in the house. My sister said that's where she draws the line. No. Aunt refuses to come. Too bad. She was a really cool aunt. Probably won't be seeing her again.

Posts: 3492 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Of course we ask about vaccination. The next question after they pass through the metal detector is whether anyone has any STDs. We all want a safe and healthy holiday!

Clearly you have wilder get-togethers than I do. Big Grin

Especially at family events…;-)

Posts: 1721 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I went to Golden Corral for dinner. It was good. The line was about 30 minutes, but worth the wait. Only a very few persons were wearing masks--10% or less. No one seemed to care.

I'll probably be 10 pounds heavier now.

Happy Thanksgiving!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Pathetic.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
As much as I totally agree about telling the Cov-idiots to F off, even family members, I cant help thinking that this is one of the desired effects of this whole overblown WuFlu bullshit. That dividing the population along these various lines was so much more effective if it tore apart families as well. In general terms, family units provide an innate strength, a resiliency in bad times and are generally beneficial to have.

Just a theory.

Agreed.

Silent

Posts: 1019 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do people really ask guests about Covid vaccination status for a Thanksgiving dinner get together?

Not on my watch! No way! No how!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

You start us off drinking in the garage, we're never gonna make it to dinner time.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
So...everyone in the US has a garage?

Posts: 9002 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
This is fucking stupid. I live in the free state of Florida. Remember, literally ground zero and the worlds COVID hot spot a few months ago. I’m around hundreds and hundreds of disgusting kids . Germ spreading, smelly, disgusting kids. Barely any hygiene, always sick, kids. I have a 7 and an 8 year old. Both kids go to school. Both kids spend all week in after school sports. We are surrounded , daily, by hundreds of kids and parents. Have we gotten sick? Yes. Have we gotten Covid? Yes, twice. I think we caught the variant D version last time. Mild symptoms. The first time we got Covid was almost concerning, with a call to the doctor for antibiotics and some extra strength cough medicine. Cleared up pretty well after 4-5 days.

As far as I can tell from my observations, Florida being open the whole time…. Brought tourist by the millions. Yes we were ground zero for a time. But the hospitals managed just fine. Hurd immunity is a thing and I believe we have finally gotten there in Florida. We have some of the lowest Covid rates in the country currently, after being ground zero just a few months back.

The doctors are getting good at treating it now. Hell, they even have dialysis machines that bypass the lungs, oxygenate the blood, and keep the patients alive and on the road to recovery much better now than the ventilators….

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
If I'm hosting, I'm not asking.

If I'm to be a guest and they ask, I stay home. I am vaccinated, as required by my employer, too. It's none of anyone's damn business unless I make it their business.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My whole family is vaccinated except me and they don't care. They've asked if I would get the shot and I have politely declined. My daughter has been on me a bit more but again, I have nicely said no.
There was no family Thanksgiving get together this year and I just cooked for myself.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
My sister, who is normally pretty level headed, asked me a couple weeks ago if I've gotten jabbed yet. When I said no, she asked me not to come for Thanksgiving. Her daughter, my niece, had a baby two months ago and one or the other of them seems to have become convinced that exposing a newborn to an unvaxxed person is an automatic death sentence. So I think my Thanksgiving dinner will be coming from Papa Murphy's.

I'm sorry to hear about this, Expert. I've noticed this a lot, too, in my own social circles. Moms who know better but won't correct their university-indoctrinated daughters for fear of leftist daughters not allowing grandma to see the new baby, which is exactly what would happen.

My buddy's first-born daughter is in her late 20s. She was raised to be very conservative and pro-gun. She married a liberal man and moved to Atlanta, GA. Enough said. The rest is history. My buddy and his daughter used to be peas and carrots. Now, she's purposely alienated herself from him and he can't get a word in simply because his view of the vaccine differs from hers. She's very, very smart, but doesn't want to understand that the vaccine doesn't prevent the vaccinated person from contracting or spreading COVID.

Posts: 1087 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am deeply offended by the CBS segment regarding drinking in your garage. Most Americans don't enjoy the luxury of a garage. I guess those people will just have to drink outside and freeze their asses off.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post