SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do people really ask guests about Covid vaccination status for a Thanksgiving dinner get together?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do people really ask guests about Covid vaccination status for a Thanksgiving dinner get together? Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:
TV is advertising a do it yourself at home Covid swab test kit. Get the result in 15 minutes. Know before you go.

Anything to make money
I used one of those last summer before going on a river cruise. Had to be a negative result.

I'll probably be eating alone this Thanksgiving. Not sure where.

flashguy

If you want to drive down to Houston, you are welcome at my house. For real.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Of course we ask about vaccination. The next question after they pass through the metal detector is whether anyone has any STDs. We all want a safe and healthy holiday!

Clearly you have wilder get-togethers than I do. Big Grin

You reserved the pavilion and kitchen at Dixie's Trailer Park, didn't you. Big Grin

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
My sister texted me about two mos. ago to ask if we'd be vaxxed before coming to her house for Thanksgiving. I replied that I hadn't planned to. Mrs. Lee is vaxxed. Sister just replied that my unvaxxed status might limit some of the places we go. I said I'd be fine waiting in the car. So far no discussion of it now that I'm at her house. I bought four drinks on the flight last night and didn't have a mask on for more than 10 min. of the 2:45 hour trip. It was nice. I also didn't wear a mask in the airport once arrived. No one said a thing.

Posts: 3522 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thankfully, that family member won’t be in town tomorrow. We are hosting, as we typically do. Two of my wife’s siblings are coming in from out of town. The one that won’t be here I got into it back in July. She was harassing my wife (her sister) via text for not being vaccinated. I told her to fuck off, in a nice way…. Typical liberal who lets emotions drive her. Oh, and her husband posted on Facebook today a pic of their 11 year old son after getting his COVID shot. I still don’t understand those posts. Did you post a pic after his flu shot? How about his child vaccines? No? Hmmmmm virtue signal much…. Sorry for the rant……

I am looking forward to smoking a turkey on the new Rectec!!

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
My aunt won't let my sister in the house when she comes to visit for a play date with the dogs. Aunt lives on an island, so it takes a ferry to get there and is a bit of a commitment. My sister said she has to pee in the driveway if she's there long enough. They're all vaxxed. I really like hanging with this aunt, but I don't think we're gonna see her on this trip. Darn.

Posts: 3522 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Anyone who tolerates the treatment described in this thread is crazy. Why do you let others push you around like this? Real family doesn't behave this way. Avoid anyone who does.

Hell, put me in touch with them, and I will tell them to fuck off.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Anyone who tolerates the treatment described in this thread is crazy. Why do you let others push you around like this? Real family doesn't behave this way. Avoid anyone who does.

I believe you would do a much better of job of it than me, so I may take you up on that. Third party credibility is always better. Smile

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:

I love this. Will PM you my sister's info. LOL.

posted Hide Post
Para, can you record it and send it out in one of those cards that makes noise when it opens? Except it’ll be you telling them to fuck off?? I think we may be on to something here…. Hell, who needs Hallmark?

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
The 'vaxxed only' Thanksgiving is happening in Colorado that's for sure. Turns out the local news is even running spots on how to politely ask guests.

My in-laws live outside of Denver and they are hosting this year -- but only if you have been vaxxed. The invite didn't say anything about kids 5 and older.... so I assume they meant only the adults. God let's hope so.

At any rate we are NOT going. No way I would subject my wife and kids to a fear fest like that.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:

members of the COVIDian religious sect
Branch Covidian?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
We are hosting this year a couple friends....didn't ask ....don't care

I would not go anyplace that did ask...there again my wife calls me the hermit....

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Naturally. Everyone who attends also has to be frisked for contraband, submit a urine sample for drug testing, and sign a detailed liability waiver too.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Naturally. Everyone who attends also has to be frisked for contraband.

Cavity search?!? Damn, you don’t mess around. Big Grin

Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
quote:

I believe you would do a much better of job of it than me, so I may take you up on that. Third party credibility is always better. Smile

Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
My family and I are having a normal Thanksgiving get together tomorrow. All 30+ of us. And not a one is ‘vaccinated’.

Fear is an emotion and it’s straight from Hell. 2 Timothy 1:7: For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
It's sad to see so many here have allowed it to split their families apart.

By definition, COVIDiots (members of the COVIDian religious sect) are irrational and can't be reasoned with, especially when it comes to any discussion involving facts, logic and actual science on the subject. As such, 'allowing it' to split the family apart isn't necessarily a choice you get to make! Wink

You don't get to pick & choose your relatives....And you definitely don't get a choice when it come to your inlaws. My wife's parents are devout kool-aid drinking leftists and we've been informed that if we don't get vaccinated we'll never see them again. Roll Eyes What's even more ridiculous about their stance is that my father-in-law is a retired research scientist, so clearly he should know better, but NOPE!

Unfortunately that means they'll NEVER see their grandson again either! We live 300 miles from them, and I'm OK with this arrangement...

I understand that it only takes one in the family to create the divide and that you don't always have a choice in it. I'm just lucky that all my kids and son and daughters in law all agree that we need to stay together. My daughter in law who is now pregnant got the jab awhile ago because she also takes care of a young challenged adult at times.

But she never hesitates for a second to come to family get togethers knowing the rest of us have not been vaccinated. I can't imagine you're in laws being ok with not ever seeing their grandson again. I can't go three days without seeing mine!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
My wife's parents are devout kool-aid drinking leftists and we've been informed that if we don't get vaccinated we'll never see them again.

For reference, the absolute best response to that would be a very quick and opportunistic "Can I get that in writing?"

Big Grin

Have a happy Thanksgiving!

Posts: 7250 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:
TV is advertising a do it yourself at home Covid swab test kit. Get the result in 15 minutes. Know before you go.

Anything to make money
I used one of those last summer before going on a river cruise. Had to be a negative result.

I'll probably be eating alone this Thanksgiving. Not sure where.

flashguy

If you want to drive down to Houston, you are welcome at my house. For real.
Thank you. I have responded to your e-mail.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
If they are coming to my place for Thanksgiving, the vaccinated are not allowed inside.

quote:
That's beyond silly.

quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
Words fail me ..

quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Hey, .38supersig -- you forgot to add the sarcasm icon. Some people have taken you at your word. Sheesh!

Yeah, well it is not so much as the 'what' as it is the 'who'.

It turns out that the few that I wouldn't want to put up with all day are the same ones that had to tell me that they had been vaccinated.

That was the only thing I could think of without naming names.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post