SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    simple question regarding cell phone use
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

simple question regarding cell phone use Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:
I have the "Silence Unknown Callers" turned on, on my iPhone, so if the number isn't in my contacts, the phone doesn't even ring. If it's important, they'll leave a voicemail.

This is the greatest method. Actually, if the caller is in your Contacts, or a number you recently called (how recently I don't know), it will ring. Otherwise, wonderful silence and straight to voicemail. I have found that 99% of what are really SPAM callers do not ever leave a voicemail. Legitimate callers do.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10789 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:
I have the "Silence Unknown Callers" turned on, on my iPhone, so if the number isn't in my contacts, the phone doesn't even ring. If it's important, they'll leave a voicemail.

^^^^^ This.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I send all calls to voicemail, even from people I know. The only exceptions are calls that have real CallerID (the name of the caller, not just their phone number) of people that I want to talk to right that moment. This is probably not more than one or two calls a month.

Posts: 6490 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My phone is my business phone, so I always answer it. Of course the scammers make it a pain in the ass.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
But if all you guys don't answer the unknown number calls you cars warranty could expire. And you certainly don't want that to happen.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiver:
Local numbers only for my plumbing business. My land line is also forwarding to my cell and that is the one I've had for over 30 years. Most customers numbers come as them, as I have tagged their name to their number.

Might want to rethink that idea for a business.
Many people can have cell phones they got in state A but kept same number when they moved to state B.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4137 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:
Many people can have cell phones they got in state A but kept same number when they moved to state B.

Yup. Ever since number portability, area codes and exchanges mean very little. And it doesn't apply to just cell numbers. We ported our landline to VoIP. That means if we moved we'd take it with us.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post