SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gladys Knight to sing the National Anthem at the superbowl. This might be something to see.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gladys Knight to sing the National Anthem at the superbowl. This might be something to see. Login/Join 
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Les007:
I haven't watched the National Felon League in 6 or 7 years, superbowl games included. The only thing I miss is the commercials, so I have to watch them the next day.

I don't think the commercials are as good as they used to be either.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5692 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Puckpilot78, please contact me at my e-mail listed in my profile. I think we may know each other (I refereed in the DFW area for more than 30 years).

Posts: 4509 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Outstanding

Posts: 656 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Go, Ms. Knight.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53126 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Well said Ms. Knight.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11319 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
It has been said that Ms. Knight is old school, and indeed she is. She started her carrier back when things were NOT good for people of color in this country. She now has little time for the snowflakes of today who melt down because it is not a nice sunny day like they were looking for. I have no doubt Ms. Knight will do the Anthem proud.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1699 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I do hope, however, that it is a tasteful and true rendition of the Anthem, and not a version designed to "star" the performer.

flashguy

Jimmy Buffet just did a nice job with it at the Saints/Rams game. Not flashy, not overdone.

God bless America.

Posts: 13534 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Jimmy Buffet just did a nice job with it at the Saints/Rams game. Not flashy, not overdone.

Think he should have practiced bit more. He didn’t hit any of the right notes.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
I thought he sounded off too. Struggled with some of the notes.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1731 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Gladys killed it. A excellent rendition of the Anthem. Her voice was smooth & silky.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7660 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
God bless her. I wish we had more of her, who actually experienced real racism, to be a voice of reason and bring us together.

Posts: 852 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blueshep
posted Hide Post
She did a wonderful job!

----------------------------------------
NRA Lifetime Member

Posts: 1467 | Location: Northeast,Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's still Stars. Thanks that was beautiful.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13414 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
They should have called it a night after she sang.
It has only gone down hill from there.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

Posts: 26589 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Watched her on YouTube. Great performance, and not one pos taking a knee to be seen.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15653 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
She did a beautiful job, one of the best I have ever heard.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
It was okay, but not as good as Whitney Houston's rendition in '91'. I think it will be a long time before that will be surpassed.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="410" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kTuoq6TllaU" width="729"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]
Video blocked???

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Video blocked???

NFL gotta have its dollah!!

(NFL teamed with YouTube on the pregame....)

Click on the "Watch on YouTube" link that shows up below the text. It'll take you to YouTube and you can get the video there. No sweat.

God bless America.

Posts: 13534 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post