SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    French Riviera: What must I see? (Edit: Update, pg 2: Cannes/Antibes?)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

French Riviera: What must I see? (Edit: Update, pg 2: Cannes/Antibes?) Login/Join 
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
Thanks friends! Sorry, I've been busy as hell and just got back to this. I've been in Villefranche for several days now.

Butch, that picture of Robert DeNiro is not 10 meters from where I ate lunch this afternoon, I shit you not.

Got some pretty good pictures up on my Instagram page @flyfishnaked if anyone is interested.

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
You must see this French Riviera!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
You must see this French Riviera!

Razz Big Grin

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
Last time I was there was about 35 years ago. We were on a trouble shooting/inspection trip.

Had a day to spare so went walking along that beach. Came across a couple of very good looking women sunbathing (mid march) and they were being very careful not to get tan lines!

As in buck nekkid.

3 of us Americans and on french guy. The french guy never batted an eye. Can't say the same for us Amis.

One wonders what the French name equivalent is for "Sandy." Wink

Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
I was born in Toulon, Marseilles has some of the best bouillabaisse if you like seafood. As for nude sun bathing it is very common and no big deal, Don't be the jerk American with a camera wearing socks with sandals..:-) If you like motor sports there's Le Circuit Paul Ricard, an ex F1 track but their might be something going on in that time. Lots of old villages which are cool to visit, Also if you like Rose wine Bandol is famous for it..

Posts: 2303 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
posted Hide Post
So! I've seen most of what I wanted to see, which is good, because tomorrow is my last day on the motorcycle. I'm riding from Villefranche sur mer to Antibes and Cannes.

Tell me where I have to go in either of those cities, and you will earn my eternal gratitude. I have to be back a reasonably hour to get drinks with a very beautiful local lady, so nightlife there is out of the question.

Thanks!

Ride the lightning
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie1:
I was born in Toulon, Marseilles has some of the best bouillabaisse if you like seafood. As for nude sun bathing it is very common and no big deal, Don't be the jerk American with a camera wearing socks with sandals..:-) If you like motor sports there's Le Circuit Paul Ricard, an ex F1 track but their might be something going on in that time. Lots of old villages which are cool to visit, Also if you like Rose wine Bandol is famous for it..

Sir, I apologize for not responding earlier, I saw your post but didn't fully read it. Marseilles may have to wait, sadly... fortunately, my mother is considering buying a place here, so I may not have to be in a hurry. Smile It's very beautiful here. The sea, the women, the views, the country... c'est parfait!

Ride the lightning
posted Hide Post
Et aussi, Balzé Halzé, I did get a chance to ride the Harley up through Èze. It was perfect. Solid advice!