SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chris Cuomo Reduced To Groveling For LGBT Crowd After "Preferred Pronouns" Quip Goes Badly
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chris Cuomo Reduced To Groveling For LGBT Crowd After "Preferred Pronouns" Quip Goes Badly Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
My take on these townhalls...please dear god have more of them. Have them every week. These morons are doing more to insure DJT's second term than anything his campaign could ever do.

I agree 100%

This one was straight up full of insane people.

Big Grin Another gem from last night:

quote:

A transgender attendee at last night’s LGBTQ town hall accused host Nia Mikayla Henderson of perpetrating “violence” after the CNN host got the pronunciation of her name wrong.

Yes, really.

Henderson introduced the trans person as Shea Diamond, pronouncing the first name ‘shay’.

“Erm, it’s Shea Diamond,” responded the trans person, pronouncing the first name ‘she-a’.

“Put that on record,” said Diamond, to which Henderson responded, “It’s on the record.”

Yes honey, it’s violence to misgender or to alter a name of a trans person, so let’s always get that right first” asserted Diamond.

'Trans' Town Hall Attendee Says It's "Violence" For CNN Host To Get Her Name Wrong

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Henderson introduced the trans person as Shea Diamond, pronouncing the first name ‘shay’.

Not sure "person" is the right pronoun. This quote is violent.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's pronounced "Moron".

The most important thing is I don't give a shit.

Posts: 1364 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
I guess I'm just not "Woke" enough. I don't get it.

I'm assuming that there are probably others who may not know what's going on here, so here you go:

In the Millennial world when a person introduces his/her self they tell you the pronouns they want you to use when addressing them. Roll Eyes

If you watch lectures or speeches at colleges they do this all the time now.

"Hello, My name is BamaJeepster, my preferred pronouns are he, him, his." Roll Eyes

Yes, it's really a thing and when they went to Harris at this town hall of insanity she actually said her preferred pronouns when she introduced herself.

Chris Cuomo made fun of her for doing it by saying 'mine too' after she said it.

The twitterverse nutjobs went ballistic on the outrage meter and he immediately sent out his 'apology' to appease them. You can never appease the outrage mob, by the way.

It's literally insane. These people live in la-la land.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
I guess I'm just not "Woke" enough. I don't get it.

If you watch lectures or speeches at colleges they do this all the time now.

You may be relieved to know that, in my continuing experience on a university campus, I have only witnessed this once. Unsurprisingly, the one time it happened, it was the Diversity coordinator giving the mandatory Title IX training that is inflicted upon us every two years. Half way through the brow-beating, err, I mean training, I was literally saved by an Act Of God. Comets may be final, but a well-timed tornado can come in pretty handy, sometimes. Granted, I am not on the insane side of campus very often, so there are buildings in which I expect it is more common.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 5014 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post