SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    P220 Smudge “Exodus” get together…
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 Smudge “Exodus” get together… Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted
P220 Smudge is lucky enough to be leaving the state of WA in his rear view soon and move to free Arizona.

He and I had already talked about meeting for coffee a little while back after he had dealt with his father. Now in the “rh” thread a few more folks have expressed interested in a get together before he heads south.

Rather than do it in that thread I thought it better to start a new one.

SIGnified - no email in your profile

A couple initial thoughts, get together for a meal (Mongolian Grill in Woodinville seems somewhat central to all of us?)

Or maybe hit a range and burn up some of the ammo and then grub afterwards (Norpoint in Arlington is good, but farther north - Junkyard Grill in Arlington has great food)

Thoughts? P220 Smudge’s call, it’s his party after all

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Thx boss!

Ed has my email. Will be in touch.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old dino:
Agree, Smudge's party ... !

I am up for Mongolian Grill, have not eaten at one in decades. Just as long as they do not have a vax policy.

Figure I can get out by the end of this month. I have shared why in my email to you all. And the weather sure has been crazy so far in April. Geez.

I will try to think of some ideas too. Smudge and I are texting.

Woodinville is King County, not sure what they are doing. It’s been over a year since I was down there.

I know for a fact no one asked or was masked at Junkyard Grill, I’ve been there recently.

Smudge is in Renton though, so he may prefer something further south.

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Y’all are welcome over here as an alternative. Nice view of Puget Sound and the Olympics. We can fire up the grill or whatever.

It’s been a while since I’ve gone on to a restaurant so that’s a good option as well.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys. If you're all up that way, I don't mind the drive. Makes more sense that way.

I think a range trip and/or good food and a chance to sit and talk would be great. I haven't really spent any time in that general area, so I think in general, I'll leave the decisions on what's good and where to you fellas.

Signified, I got your email, I'll shoot you a text here in a bit. Oven's beeping.

Posts: 17137 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Thanks, guys. If you're all up that way, I don't mind the drive. Makes more sense that way.

I think a range trip and/or good food and a chance to sit and talk would be great. I haven't really spent any time in that general area, so I think in general, I'll leave the decisions on what's good and where to you fellas.

Signified, I got your email, I'll shoot you a text here in a bit. Oven's beeping.

Smudge - Any particular dates work best for your schedule?

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Any particular dates work best for your schedule?

We still don't have a move date. Apparently we're still waiting on the contract to be finalized and then her current managers and new managers will negotiate a start date, probably ninety days from some time this week. I think we have to be there and moved in at that time, so... I guess maybe six weeks or so from now?

I'll be resigning from my job in a few weeks to focus on getting stuff reduced to manageable levels and try to put a layer of polish on the house so we don't have a haggle on our hands when it's time to sell, so I'm sure I can find a week day in there somewhere if that's what works for everyone.

Posts: 17137 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
If I wasn't on the opposite side of the country (Alabama), I would LOVE to join you guys! Unfortunately the best I can do is wish Smudge safe travels and huge congrats on moving to a free state!!!

Posts: 4588 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I'll be in Phoenix, AZ for a few days after a 3-week tour ends there on 12 Oct 2022. If the move is that late, I'd love to participate (and contribute). I have 2 nephews living in the Phoenix area so do expect to be there a few days.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
1st party is in north king county, Wa

I’m sure a home warming in phoenix could be arranged… Wink

~Robert A. Heinlein

posted Hide Post
Only 2000 miles away but wish I could be there....best of luck on your move Smudge !

Posts: 934 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
AZ is ready and waiting for you Smudge!

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
It’ll probably be a small gathering, and that’s ok. I recall trying to set up a PNW meet years ago and there wasn’t much interest. We’ll get some pics posted after for sure.

Thanks, Geno and Z06! Looking forward to it! Flashguy, I’d guess we’re moved in by then, but I’d sure like to meet for lunch or something when you’re in town. Shoot me an email when the time approaches and we’ll figure something out.

Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I’ll ditto everything old dino said and as promised, here are the pics.

Nice putting faces to my “virtual” friends and huge thanks to SIGnified and his wife for hosting the gathering.

The food:

BBQ salmon and prawns courtesy old dino, Brisket courtesy of SIGnified

“Meal Protection” pic featuring the Apple and Strawberry/Rhubarb pies made by hand by Stephanie (Mrs. SIGnified)

“The gang”

The view

The sunset

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to give a big thank you to you all. It was a fine meal, and I can't imagine better company to enjoy it with. Mrs. Signified bakes amazing pies, and was beyond gracious. It was really great to meet you guys, and I'm proud to call you friends.

We need to make part two happen soon! Smile

posted Hide Post
It's nice to have good friends. Smile

Posts: 957 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Great stuff gents. Commendable fellowship and food. Really glad to see the pictures of your get together!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16223 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Huge thank you to everyone! Smile

Been a long time since enjoying such fellowship and community. Warms my heart to share a day with such solid, good guys. SF breeds excellent opportunities for such good.

Our collective laughter at old Dino’s “work” stories; in complete stitches. Big Grin

It’s clear how all of us have paid some price during the last few years (or just the vagaries of life). Unifying in person and affirming our values as American men is a nice offset to the BS. Nearly a damn cure! Wink

Again my gratitude to all of you; those present in person and those here in spirit.

“Yes” to part 2!

~Robert A. Heinlein

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
One other funny theme:

At least three different SIGforum activities were represented, including the hot sauce thread, the para cord thread and Beancooker‘s wholesale supplies for the prepper gene.

All of us at some level are participating in all of these SF topics, with everyone joking about their box of rope, while tasting hot sauces and eating beans!

~Robert A. Heinlein

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Old Dino et al tasting a mega-flight of hot sauces on Beancookers unseasoned corn nuts! Smile

~Robert A. Heinlein