SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    P220 Smudge “Exodus” get together…
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 Smudge “Exodus” get together… Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old dino:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Old Dino et al tasting a mega-flight of hot sauces on Beancookers unseasoned corn nuts! Smile

I tried every hot sauce on Beancooker's corn nuts ! Just alone, those corn nuts rocked and I will be going broke buying some.

Hey Beancooker, hope you can give me a little discount for your shout out ! Either way, will be ordering. Smile

Footnote: half of those hot sauces went down well, but I recall the smiling laugh on 911Boss's face is when I tried a sauce too hot and went into a "what the fuck" mode did I just eat ! ( I very seldom if ever curse, but this is one of those rare moments ).

Old Dino, I’ll track down your order this morning and throw in a few samples of my favorites, and maybe some of the “jumbo” corn nuts. The sig10 discount should still apply. Either way, I’ll make sure you guys get taken care of if I know you placed and order and can find it.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
A big endorsement on the dried figs and dates. The figs are just delicious. Big Grin

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
A big endorsement on the dried figs and dates. The figs are just delicious. Big Grin

My order received earlier this month included a package of Medjool organic dates which are superb!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16223 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's very nice to see this and to see forum members together.

Posts: 107611 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Nice crew! Cool

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Para, this doesn’t happen without you.

Thank you and LBJ for all you do here.

In the last 20 years, most all my friends have generally come from this place.

Most grateful …

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
Sounds like such a great time with great company. Thanks for sharing fellas!

Posts: 447 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:

Footnote: half of those hot sauces went down well, but I recall the smiling laugh on 911Boss's face is when I tried a sauce too hot and went into a "what the fuck" mode did I just eat ! ( I very seldom if ever curse, but this is one of those rare moments ).

As I've gotten older and wiser I try to learn from watching OTHER people's mistakes instead of making them myself.

Thanks for the lesson! Wink

quote:

I'll ditto SIGnified and old Dino's comments on this. We ended up spending over 8 hours on our "lunch" get together. A fair amount of that time was spent in praise not only of SF in general, but of Para and his efforts to make SF the forum it is.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
I so love figs and dates, can hardly wait !

Ordered the Deglet Noor ... I could not remember the ones I liked the best. Next time gonna order some Medjool.

If you like the figs and dates, wait until you taste the strawberries I threw in your order. Magical. Cool

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:

I want to thank you for providing a place where we can make friends such as these. It wasn't like going to go meet some people I've posted with online so much as it was like getting to walk through a doorway and have the people I've been getting to know online for years suddenly materialize in front of me. Possibly a poor way of explaining it, a distinction without a difference as JALLEN would say, but it makes sense to me. I've met a number of people I knew online first. This wasn't that. It was good for my soul.

quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
We ended up spending over 8 hours on our "lunch" get together.

Which I didn't expect, and it flew by like a fraction of that time.

Posts: 17135 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:

I want to thank you for providing a place where we can make friends such as these. It wasn't like going to go meet some people I've posted with online so much as it was like getting to walk through a doorway and have the people I've been getting to know online for years suddenly materialize in front of me. Possibly a poor way of explaining it, a distinction without a difference as JALLEN would say, but it makes sense to me. I've met a number of people I knew online first. This wasn't that. It was good for my soul.

quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
We ended up spending over 8 hours on our "lunch" get together.

Which I didn't expect, and it flew by like a fraction of that time.

Big Grin

I don’t think anybody was planning on eight hours. I surely wasn’t… but I’m happy and buoyed that our time unfolded just as it did. (Old Dino keeps quoting similarly re: unfolding universe.)

New friends is a divine blessing.

Thanks to everyone!

~Robert A. Heinlein

Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
One other funny theme:

At least three different SIGforum activities were represented, including the hot sauce thread, the para cord thread and Beancooker‘s wholesale supplies for the prepper gene.

I just remembered a 4th one came up as well, the Technivorm Moccamaster Coffee maker discussions were represented as well when Kevin made coffee for us.

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
And I just remembered that prime brisket flat came from some Kansas City cattle company that someone posted; something creek farms? or same such.

Anyhoot, the peoples made the day. Just wonderful.

~Robert A. Heinlein

Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
With Beancooker's jumbo corn nuts on the way ... I will be swinging by DD meats for some hot sauces.

Us Pacific Northwest boys know about DD meats and their sauces, but for those out of state check this out :

"At Double DD we stock over 3000 hot sauces, 1000 BBQ sauces, 400 marinades, steak sauce and rubs."

https://doubleddmeats.com/meat-sauces/

Yes, thousands ... not a typo.

And fortunately, or maybe not since I am a hot sauce wussy, the are very close to me.

Since you are going to be there, you should probably get 6 or 8 of their different varieties of sausages and a few of the 2” Porterhouse steaks.

Good place, I may need to make a trip as well…

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:

...I am a hot sauce wussy...

old dino... that demands further elaboration. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16223 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
… and … ? Wink

Paul Harvey time!

~Robert A. Heinlein

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
… and … ? Wink

Paul Harvey time!

You heard the stories ... don't think my wife wants me telling the story in public on the forum.

Wasn’t expecting those stories!

Just figured you’re a deep well of great experiences and epic tales!

~Robert A. Heinlein

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post

Para … Corddddddddd!

Discussed on Sat, arrives on Tue!

~Robert A. Heinlein

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
It’ll distract ‘em … Wink

Dreamsickle braid!

~Robert A. Heinlein

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
You did it right - ordered a ton of it, and actually wound up with some useful colors. I got yellow, red, and neon pink ffs. Big Grin

Posts: 17135 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post