SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Watch This Guy Engrave This Watch
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Watch This Guy Engrave This Watch Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eLLAW05wqQ

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Wow.

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
If that watch sells for around $70K without engraving, I wonder what it goes for fully engraved like that?

Posts: 7311 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I've great respect for engravers, just amazing what they can do.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Amazing. Lot of concentration involved.

Posts: 3236 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
That is some seriously amazing skill. The talent and time to build that has to be incredible. I’d love a shotgun engraved with such skill, but could never afford to pay what the engraver’s time was worth, nor take it to the field where it needed to be.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
A masterpiece

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I cannot even write my name neatly much less try to engrave anything. I always liked watching the guys that paint pinstripes and designs on cars free hand.

Posts: 4110 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
That is a super human talent right there. I wonder how many hours it took to do that. I would not be surprised if it was weeks.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
that is amazing

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting. The degree of talent is pretty astounding. I’ve given thought a time or two towards trying my hand at engraving, but I can’t see myself even approaching that guy’s league. The finished product is amazing.

Posts: 17127 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Tremendous talent and focus - wow.

Michael

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
An amazing display of a lifetime developing artistic skill, but danged if the spinning of the work piece in that video didn't make me slightly motion sick.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is impressive!!!
I've always been amazed at craftsmanship like that.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Wow!!! That was impressive! I'd have to take a whole bottle of Ritalin to concentrate that long!

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is some amazing hand-eye coordination!! A lot of artistic ability also.

Posts: 6619 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
My hands cramps up just watching that. I've done micro filing designs in metal, and I can't go 10 minutes without my hands becoming limp shaky balls of pain holding those kind of hand tools when trying to be precise for any period of time.

Posts: 4343 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:
If that watch sells for around $70K without engraving, I wonder what it goes for fully engraved like that?

Probably at least a third of that, being scratched up and all. Big Grin

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He does that with precision and I can't even write my own name so I can read it. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by satch:
He does that with precision and I can't even write my own name so I can read it. Roll Eyes

Yes - there is absolutely no way that the engraver in that video is a medical doctor.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post