SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Watch This Guy Engrave This Watch
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Watch This Guy Engrave This Watch Login/Join 
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Wow

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I want to know how soft that metal is for the tool to carve through it like butter.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39753 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
After the "wow" when I watched him work, I thought of two things:

1. I'll bet he doesn't drink coffee.
2. I laughed thinking about me learning that skill. I have what's called an "essential tremor" that makes my hands tremble. Hard enough to target shoot. Engraving would be a disaster.

Oh ya, the first time I saw metal engraving was watching a TV show about the Bureau of Engraving & Printing, and engraving plates for currency. Also amazing. My background is printing-related so I've been there as well as currency printers like De La Rue in England.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post