SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Steve Bannon and CHINA. We are under attack.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Steve Bannon and CHINA. We are under attack. Login/Join 
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted
You may not like him. Not sure I do all of the time. He is a maverick, but he is very smart. I do agree with him on his primary concern. China is out to take over the world. Economically and militarily. They are hacking and stealing from our government and businesses every minute of every day. We are under constant attack from China. Why do we allow so many Chinese nationals to attend our elite universities, and take that knowledge back home to use against us? Why are we not alarmed at the constant hacking and stealing that China is doing, every day, in this country? This is a red-alarm problem. I agree with Steve Bannon on this issue. I believe that most Americans have no idea how serious of a problem, this is. The Red Scare we had in the 40-60s was nothing, compared with what we are dealing with today with the Chinese. China is at the cutting edge with A.I, and they are exporting that technology around the world. They play the long game. Be aware.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
It's worse than that.

Chinese companies control US ports such as Los Angeles. There is a very blurred line between Chinese corporations and the Chinese government.

My coworkers have locked laptops in hotel safes while going out to dinner, and come back to find the safe has been opened and computer scanned by state security.

After decades of being minority partners on Oil & Gas projects and stealing everything they could from their partners they've now changed to competing. Their government helps the state oil companies make really interesting bids in unstable parts of the world. Paraphrase - we'll develop phase 1 of your oilfield in 3 years, give you 49% ownership, pay you x billion, AND give bribes as well as provide armored fighting vehicles, artillery, AK-47s, etc. as well as training to defend from neighboring countries and rebels. Western oil companies will develop it faster, give them more money, give state oil company 49%. However, we cannot give bribes or executives face serious jail time and fines (e.g. US' FCPA of 1977), and cannot do anything about their problems with rebels or jealous neighboring countries.

I have friends in the mining and energy businesses that are seeing the same thing we're seeing in Oil & Gas.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
It's worse than that.

Chinese companies control US ports such as Los Angeles.

My coworkers have locked laptops in hotel safes while going out to dinner, and come back to find the safe has been opened and computer scanned by state security.

After decades of being minority partners on projects and stealing everything the could from their partners they've now changed to competing. Their government helps the state oil companies make really interesting bids in unstable parts of the world. Paraphrase - we'll develop phase 1 of your oilfield in 3 years, give you 49% ownership, pay you x billion, AND give bribes as well as provide armored fighting vehicles, artillery, AK-47s, etc. as well as training to defend from neighboring countries and rebels. Western oil companies will develop it faster, give them more money, give state oil company 49%. However, we cannot give bribes or executives face serious jail time and fines (e.g. US' FCPA of 1977), and cannot do anything about their problems with rebels or jealous neighboring countries.

I have friends in the mining and energy businesses that are seeing the same thing we're seeing in Oil & Gas.

We are under attack, along with the rest of the world. Huawei is an arm of the Chinese government. There is no question that China is our greatest threat, going forward. They know how to use money, trade agreements and loans, to lock up commitments, to influence their political agenda. Read The Good Earth, by Pearl Buck. The power of debt is the key to understanding how China grows its power.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
quote:
It's worse than that.

After decades of being minority partners on projects and stealing everything the could from their partners they've now changed to competing. Their government helps the state oil companies make really interesting bids in unstable parts of the world. Paraphrase - we'll develop phase 1 of your oilfield in 3 years, give you 49% ownership, pay you x billion, AND give bribes as well as provide armored fighting vehicles, artillery, AK-47s, etc. as well as training to defend from neighboring countries and rebels. Western oil companies will develop it faster, give them more money, give state oil company 49%. However, we cannot give bribes or executives face serious jail time and fines (e.g. US' FCPA of 1977), and cannot do anything about their problems with rebels or jealous neighboring countries.

We are under attack, along with the rest of the world. Huawei is an arm of the Chinese government. There is no question that China is our greatest threat, going forward. They know how to use money, trade agreements and loans, to lock up commitments, to influence their political agenda. Read The Good Earth, by Pearl Buck. The power of debt is the key to understanding how China grows its power.

Huawei has been know to be doing this since early 2000’ish. It would appear that certain political elites or politically connected are getting rich to look the other way.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Plus, the Chinese own Smithfield bacon. BACON! Hits ya' where it hurts.

Onto a serious observation, it is known that the North Carolina government computer system has several thousand nightly unauthorized computer access attempts all from China (other actors also attempt unauthorized access, but not in the number initiated from China).

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
quote:
quote:
It's worse than that.

Huawei has been know to be doing this since early 2000’ish. It would appear that certain political elites or politically connected are getting rich to look the other way.

Correct. Time to stop it. Reminds me of how many "elites" got rich looking the other way during the 1930s. We all know what happened after that.

It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:
Plus, the Chinese own Smithfield bacon. BACON! Hits ya' where it hurts.

Onto a serious observation, it is known that the North Carolina government computer system has several thousand nightly unauthorized computer access attempts all from China (other actors also attempt unauthorized access, but not in the number initiated from China).

Multiply this by every large business and municipality that you can think of. I almost wonder if it is too late some days. There seems to be no sense of urgency about this. I guess it does not "sell". This is a much greater threat than any internal political issue of late, in my opinion. We are being F'ed with big time, from outside our borders.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Brannon is a pretty smart guy. The libs hate him and have smeared him anytime they could.
The Chinese have been screwing us over for a long time. They steal anything they need.
Trump is doing the right thing putting the squeeze on them while we still can.

Posts: 9516 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Brannon is a pretty smart guy. The libs hate him and have smeared him anytime they could.
The Chinese have been screwing us over for a long time. They steal anything they need.

Thats right. Why is this not front and center? Same as Hitler charmed Us and the Brits, pre WW2?

It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:

I wonder how this forum will look, a few years from now, after we are in a bad economy and under attack from the Chinese. I can see it. And that is the issue where I agree with Steve Bannon. And you will not understand this, until things change. Otherwise, Steve is wrong. But he gets it RE the The Chinese. And now, I know Para will chime in.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
It's worse than that.

Yes because its not their sons and daughters who will do the war fighting. Those rat bastards in Government need a leash around their necks and controlled 24 hours per day to be certain they function as part of our Government. There needs to be some serious effort to feed the chinese a load of crap technology and to never let them near ours.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
quote:
quote:
quote:
It's worse than that.

Yes because its not their sons and daughters who will do the war fighting. Those rat bastards in Government need a leash around their necks and controlled 24 hours per day to be certain they function as part of our Government. There needs to be some serious effort to feed the chinese a load of crap technology and to never let them near ours.

Exactly!!!

posted Hide Post
I posted a link to the On Point broadcast below approximately 7 years ago. It's worth posting again.

https://www.wbur.org/onpoint/2...king-americas-future

quote:
Heir apparent top leader of China, Xi Jinping, in Iowa this morning, visiting old friends. We hope he had a great country breakfast, a nice chat, a warm reunion. We really do. This US-China relationship really matters. But we’ve got some things to talk about, Mr. Xi, when it comes to China and hacking. Computer hacking.

The theft in particular of American trade secrets – American R&D, the fruits of American ingenuity. We’re told it is happening on a vast scale. A scale so great it could change America’s future. Steal it.

This hour, On Point: Chinese hackers and American R&D.
-Tom Ashbrook

$300B to $1T lost intellectual property per year. (Mike Rogers, Michigan US Rep)

Posts: 587 | Location: NC | Registered: March 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post