SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Houston, I have a problem
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Houston, I have a problem Login/Join 
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
Several years ago I decided to not wear jeans any more, for any reason. But, when I was buying them I remember getting two pairs of Wranglers that did the exact same thing not long after I bought them, then got a few pairs of Cabelas jeans and the quality was superior. Can't comment on current brand quality, but if I was buying, I'd get Costco jeans, most of their stuff is pretty good.

Posts: 2790 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I figured it was the age but then again they lived most of their life folded in a drawer. Also, I rotated through those 4 pairs and they didn't get nearly as much use as my jeans rotation that was worn 100x+ more than these.

quote:
That's not a 36" waist !

Actually it is! 5'11, 200lbs.

quote:
Wait, that’s my diet! Along with pizza and Chinese buffets…

Big Grin My daily diet consists of 2 cups of coffee, six apple fritters from Walmart (4 in the morning, 2 at night), a LOT of water and either a steak bomb with extra cheese, half a pepperoni pizza or 8oz of USDA Prime NY strip. Haven't been to the gym or lifted a weight in 8 years.

I haven't given up alcohol 100% but I might drink 2-3 craft beers once a month. I have possible cirrhosis. Apparently years of drinking half a liter of scotch daily or crushing 6+ beers at the beach is bad for it.

Posts: 829 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grew up doing textile manufacturing in my parents shop. The problem is 2 fold. The first is the inner bar tack of the rear pocket flaps. I count at least 5 layers of fabric tack into that 1/2 inch piece of fabric. The second issues is the weight of the fabric. I believe this is the summer weight pants from 511. I had the heavier version with the diagonal slant pocket based off fo the popular Royal Robbins outdoor pants. I choose that over this version due primate the weight of the fabric of this light weight version. If you look closely to both pants you posted. You can see the left pocket inner bartack fabric beginning to fail too.

Posts: 1040 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I have the scientific answer: All of fat guys stress the waistband part of pants (the most reinforced area) rather than the seat area. Our bodies would die from waist strangulation long before any bending over would stress lower areas of the pants.

I actually saw this demonstrated by my slim roommate in college. He was forever ripping the back seam in his jeans, while my jeans lasted forever.

(If I was wrong, don't you think I would know it - on account of my wife would announce it to the world!)

Posts: 1627 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post