SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Police release bodycam footage of Douglas County Georgia judge arrested at Buckhead nightclub
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Police release bodycam footage of Douglas County Georgia judge arrested at Buckhead nightclub Login/Join 
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
If I participated in a case in her court, I would not refer to her as, "Your Honor." There isn't anything honorable about her.

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10879 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigguy:
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Good

Another one being removed from the bench

And another one's gone, another one's gone
Another one off the bench!

Hey! Gonna get you, too!

Another one's off the bench.

Lookout!

I heard Freddie Mercury’s voice singing as I read this. I hope others appreciate your reference as I did.

YouTube link for Freddie Mercury song?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9512 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post

link

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10879 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Thank you!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9512 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by abnmacv:
Georgia could adopt her as another state animal: "The Largemouth Ass."

or as "The Largeass Mouth" works either way.

Posts: 3813 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Douglas County Probate Judge Christina Peterson, 38, was removed from the bench effective Tuesday. The Georgia Supreme Court ruling comes after the Judicial Qualifications Commission found Peterson guilty of "systemic incompetence" and recommended her removal in April.

In one misconduct case, the court was troubled by Peterson’s decision to jail a naturalized U.S. citizen who was born in Thailand after the woman sought to amend her marriage license with the name of her real father.

Peterson ruled the woman was trying to defraud the court and sentenced her to a maximum of 20 days in jail, which could be reduced to two days if the woman paid a $500 fine. The woman paid the fine and was released after two days.

The panel, however, found that the woman was "in good faith trying to correct" what appeared to be "an innocent mistake borne out of ignorance rather than ill-intent," according to the court documents.

This was one of 30 counts brought against Peterson. The court found that 12 of those counts warranted discipline.

"Accordingly, it is ordered that Judge Christina Peterson of the Douglas County Probate Court be removed from office, effective upon the date of this opinion," the court ruled, noting that Peterson will not be eligible to be elected or appointed to any future judicial position in Georgia for seven years.

As Peterson was dealing with the misconduct allegations, she was arrested early Thursday at the Red Martini Restaurant and Lounge after allegedly pushing an Atlanta police officer in the chest twice during an altercation.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/jud...-judicial-misconduct

her time line

2013 admitted to Georgia state bar
March 2020 qualified to run for judge

June 2020 won a contested primary
then won unopposed general election

sworn in as judge 29 Dec 2020

Sep 2021 formal charges filed against her (50 charges)

20 counts dismissed. some were dismissed because they occurred before she became a judicial candidate

discipline authorized for 20 of the remaining counts

final decision that 12 counts justified suspension

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Douglas County Probate Judge Christina Peterson, 38, was removed from the bench effective Tuesday. The Georgia Supreme Court ruling comes after the Judicial Qualifications Commission found Peterson guilty of "systemic incompetence"

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17228 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
right answer...

this is a win

Posts: 53888 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Her time line:

2013 admitted to Georgia state bar
Qualification: She's Black

March 2020 qualified to run for judge

June 2020 won a contested primary then won unopposed general election

Sworn in as judge 29 Dec 2020

Sep 2021 formal charges filed against her (50 charges)

20 counts dismissed. some were dismissed because they occurred before she became a judicial candidate and, she's Black

discipline authorized for 20 of the remaining counts

final decision that 12 counts justified suspension

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That sums it up. The color of her skin. That was her qualification, and I'll bet if a lawyer quizzed her on the law and the constitution, she wouldn't be able to come up with coherent answers to most questions.

Posts: 109261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Imagine that.

A judge who was elected after a mere 7 years as a lawyer turns out to be incompetent at her job.

This is my shocked face.

Posts: 33151 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This is a severe problem in Atlanta city government, a problem which cannot be overstated. There is no way to correct it. Fani Willis is far from unique. This idiot of a now-former judge is indicative of that. These two have been brought to light because of circumstances; one was exposed because of the prominence of a particular defendant she seeks to prosecute, and the other one was made conspicuous by a drunken tirade which was fortunately well-documented, but, believe me, these moronic dipshits are everywhere in Fulton County government.

Posts: 109261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Douglas County Probate Judge Christina Peterson, 38, was removed from the bench effective Tuesday.
<snip>

I hope that her judicial salary was terminated, but I wouldn’t be surprised to learn otherwise.

She’ll probably soon be a “diversity” hire.

Serious about crackers

Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
Douglas County Probate Judge Christina Peterson, 38, was removed from the bench effective Tuesday.
<snip>

I hope that her judicial salary was terminated, but I wouldn’t be surprised to learn otherwise.

She’ll probably soon be a “diversity” hire.

She WAS a diversity hire.