SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looks like a rough landing. For our forum aviators.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks like a rough landing. For our forum aviators. Login/Join 
posted
I just saw this posted by NSP. Looks like an experimental delta wing pusher types. Don’t know much other than what was posted. Glad the pilot is ok.
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Posts: 4055 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:

NSP
Confused

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:

NSP
Confused

I'll bet its Nebraska State Patrol.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
Those crops dissipated energy quickly and it stayed upright. Couldn’t ask for more. Glad the pilot is OK, too.

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Raptor prototype.

He'd have done better with the gear up, landing in corn. At least it stayed upright, and not inverted.

It's not the first forced landing that airplane has made. It's a prototype of a homebuilt aircraft intended to be sold as a kit, and has taken 1,500 deposits for kits, in advance. This was the original prototype of the Raptor, and I believe the only one flying.

The airplane had an engine failure in February, with a successful forced landing and minor structural damage. This time, a bit more.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
The airplane had an engine failure in February
Audi turbo-diesel?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
I hope Peter wasn't injured, but that POS Raptor is now where it belongs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THLApzBZXIs&t=2246s

I don't even want to get started on my rant about this horrible project.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aileron:
I hope Peter wasn't injured, but that POS Raptor is now where it belongs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THLApzBZXIs&t=2246s

I don't even want to get started on my rant about this horrible project.

Sounds like he is OK. I don’t know if it is the same aircraft but, I have seen one just like this fly out of and around SUX.

posted Hide Post
There isn't one just like it. This was the prototype.

An economy Velocity RG.

With no flaps.

And an auto conversion engine.

There are a number of "canard" aircraft flying out there. Aileron above, built one; a Long-EZ. The Rutan Vari-EZ and the Long-EZ were some of the most innovative aircraft ever introduced into private experimental aviation, and are still outstanding designs that have exceptional speed, economy, and low speed handling capability, given their horsepower. Quite a few "canard" designs are out there now; my plan is to start a Cozy in a few years (four place, single engine). Most are single engine, and Velocity offers a twin.

I flew a multi-engine version that's not a true Canard, the Piaggio Avanti, for a while. It eeks a lot of performance out of a given amount of engine thrust.

The owner of the aircraft in question advertised a product that was supposed to sell for far less than its competition (Velocity), and that was envisioned as the next big thing, but it's had its share of problems. Now possibly done.

Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
2/8/21 Major Oil Leak.
Declared emergency engine out landing.

Go to 7:00 mark if you just want to see the engine after landing.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
From the tiny photo (on my phone) aileron was my first thought.

Glad it wasn't one of our pilots. Hope all is well with this one.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15322 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
2/8/21 Major Oil Leak.
Declared emergency engine out landing.

Go to 7:00 mark if you just want to see the engine after landing.

That is the fatal kind of stupid.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aileron:
I'll just leave this

A LOT of red flags in that video.

When Peter, owner/builder began talking about bolts that "just came bent" and then turning them 90 degrees to reduce the play in the gear, the test team was a whole lot more reserved and diplomatic than I'd have been.

Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Glad everyone is ok.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
There isn't one just like it. This was the prototype.

An economy Velocity RG.

With no flaps.

And an auto conversion engine.

There are a number of "canard" aircraft flying out there. Aileron above, built one; a Long-EZ. The Rutan Vari-EZ and the Long-EZ were some of the most innovative aircraft ever introduced into private experimental aviation, and are still outstanding designs that have exceptional speed, economy, and low speed handling capability, given their horsepower. Quite a few "canard" designs are out there now; my plan is to start a Cozy in a few years (four place, single engine). Most are single engine, and Velocity offers a twin.

I flew a multi-engine version that's not a true Canard, the Piaggio Avanti, for a while. It eeks a lot of performance out of a given amount of engine thrust.

The owner of the aircraft in question advertised a product that was supposed to sell for far less than its competition (Velocity), and that was envisioned as the next big thing, but it's had its share of problems. Now possibly done.

Ok. I always look at that thing when flying over. Just has/had a distinctive sound like no other aircraft you usually hear.

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Wow. I went down the rabbit hole reading and watching a few videos about the plane and creator. Sometimes there really is a reason nobody else has done it that way before.

Posts: 10940 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post