SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    And the sea will grant each man new hope....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And the sea will grant each man new hope.... Login/Join 
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted
Good Morning everyone. Lake Ontario last night, 4 miles off Sodus Point.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8531 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Good morning to you. That’s beautiful, and I’m heading your way, sort of. Seriously, my wife and I flew to NYC, and after visiting our boys for the weekend we’re renting a car and heading toward Niagara Falls. We don’t have much planned other than to do some light hiking, see some pretty things, and enjoy the weather. So your post was timely. Any suggestions for places to visit in your neck of the woods?

Posts: 3437 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
And the sea lake will grant each man new hope...

Fixed it for you. Big Grin

Beautiful photo.

Posts: 32532 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Beautiful picture!

There is something healing and peaceful about the sea. I find myself most happy and at peace when I am near the ocean.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21118 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
Good morning to you. That’s beautiful, and I’m heading your way, sort of. Seriously, my wife and I flew to NYC, and after visiting our boys for the weekend we’re renting a car and heading toward Niagara Falls. We don’t have much planned other than to do some light hiking, see some pretty things, and enjoy the weather. So your post was timely. Any suggestions for places to visit in your neck of the woods?

Watkins Glen and Letchworth State Parks. At the Glen, park at the bottom and take the shuttle back from the top.

Posts: 1302 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s purty.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
The Great Lakes are beautiful and that's a great picture.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7108 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Posts: 7318 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Thanks, chbibc!! B-E-A-Utiful! I hope to be viewing something like that from the deck of a sailboat on the Gulf of Mexico in my retirement years. I've seen plenty of sunrise/sets from the air...now it's (almost) time to experience them from the sea. Smile

Captain Ramius spoke those words in "The Hunt for Red October".

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Beautiful picture- very similar to a sunrise I captured in OCMD a couple of weeks back.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15609 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:

Lots! AS has already been suggested Watkins Glen and Letchworth State Parks. If you do go to Letchworth see if you can book a tour of the Mt. Morris Dam (recommend you book in advance). Great hiking in Letchworth. Also Green Lakes State Park (Syracuse area) if you're driving by, Taughannock Falls Sate Park (NW of Ithaca).
If you are traveling up along the Lake to Niagara Falls the Towns of Olcott and Wilson are nice (my favorite micro brewery, Woodcock Brothers is in a repurposed cold storage building that was constructed 120 years ago (it has 2 foot thick stone walls). Just north of Niagara Falls is Fort Niagara (Revolutionary War era fort) and Fort Niagara State Park where the Niagara River empties into Lake Ontario. When you get to Niagara Falls there is lots to do - Maid of the Mist, great hiking along (and under) the falls, great hiking along the Niagara Gorge. It's a haul from NYC (7 hours, I think) but many beautiful areas.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8531 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I know what I like
I like what I know
Picture of Mark in Michigan
posted Hide Post
"Red Sky at Night...Sailor's Delight"

Best regards,
Mark in Michigan

Posts: 502 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pic, thank you for sharing it.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the suggestions guys. We hadn’t made hard plans- just have a rental car for 8 days, so planned on taking our time and stopping at state parks or just nice towns on the way. Temps are over 100 back home, and we just want to have some nice outdoor time.

Posts: 3437 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by gearhounds:
Beautiful picture- very similar to a sunrise I captured in OCMD a couple of weeks back.

Another great pic. Thanks,

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
The ocean cleanses my soul.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Great pix guys. Really stirs up fond memories of my youth.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16246 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post