SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lost another friend today.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lost another friend today. Login/Join 
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
J, Lifting up his family in prayer as well as those of the other friends you have lost. You are in mine as well. This is a lot to endure in a short amount of time. I know you are strong but it never hurts to have added strength sent your way. So I am sending some. Hugs, T

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that, Skins.

Posts: 7308 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the losses Skins.

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
At one of the last memorial services I went to, a friend I hadn't seen in a long time mentioned that we used to go to each other's weddings, then the birthdays of our kids, then to their high school graduation, etc. As we said our goodbyes, we each told the other, "See you at the next funeral."

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Tara, thanks so much, their family is extremely religious, so I feel like prayers are worth 2x than normal circumstances.

I hate to include any indefinable on the web, but Justin had a presence that would brighten any room, and a heart of gold. He was humorous and a unexpected laddies man.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post