SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I just got some interesting news
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I just got some interesting news Login/Join 
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted
My high school class is having a reunion this fall and I got the invitation by email; first time for that. Ten years ago it was still coming by mail. So far so good, I guess.

The interesting part is that I am on the 'guess who died'list at the end of the mail.
I had a rough patch a year ago but I thought I was doing ok. I knew I should have taken better care of myself.

I don't suppose I have to go now though.

Posts: 6404 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about that, but you must me feeling at least a bit better now...

Show up and watch the shock in people's eyes!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38716 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A clever man would work with this material.

Posts: 107719 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
coloradohunter44 finally has a friend. Lol.

Q

Posts: 26471 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
I don't suppose I have to go now though.

Send them back the RSVP.

Q

Posts: 26471 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16121 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
They think you're dead, but they invited you anyway? It's a trap!

Posts: 11008 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
No one misses you until you're dead. Then everyone wishes you would come back.

When you do there is all the screaming, and panic, and running....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37999 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
You know anyone that's really good with hollywood makeup??? Give Greg Nicotero a call. Go to the reunion as a "Walking Dead" zombie. And wear a tux...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I was only MOSTLY dead.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5690 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They think you're dead but invited you anyway . Sounds like Democrats when they do voter registration drives .

Posts: 4069 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see a memorial donation box with some envelopes and your framed picture next to it.
Big Grin
Just put Earl on your name tag

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54691 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
for sure you need to dress up as a zombie, cause your un-dead and all now

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5135 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
selogic, might want to edit your post. Politics...

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38716 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Q

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I know that if quicksand thinks you are dead it will let you go....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29723 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
"Oddly enough, I seem to have been reincarnated into my doppelgänger. Go figure."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Not everyone gets to pull a Tom Sawyer.

Posts: 9981 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
I was pretty confused at first, what with the whole 'only sure things are death and taxes' bit. So if you do one do you still have to do the other? Ir seems kind of unfair.

Posts: 6404 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post